The Board

35 minutes ago, Zolan025 said:

Let's not beat around the brush. The present board are simply inept when it comes to measuring a players worth or actually acquiring players. I look around the Premiership and see far too many ex Chelsea players plying their trade in 1st teams of our league rivals. It is absolute lunacy that has brought us to a situation where we are chasing our tails to acquire players. We had some of the best young talent around but couldn't be bothered to give them time to blossom. We didn't even have the fore thought to sell them with buy back clauses. We sold potential and then brought crap ie Hector Miazga and Rahman to name but a few. Our youth policy is dire we keep on making the same mistakes by thinking that we are getting better older players from abroad. We buy players who have no real loyalty to our club and throw out players who want nothing more than to wear the blue shirt. I for one don't believe that our youth players aren't good enough when they continually win trophies. If any of our youth players were playing for a foreign club we would be hailing them as the next best thing and chasing their signature to play for us. Absolute madness. Just frustrated with a board who have no intention of promoting our youth, of how to buying top quality players and negotiating buy back clauses.  In the last 3 years have grown really frustrated with our boards lack of  direction. Something has to change for us to reach the next level.

only Mate and KDB are good enough.

I have a SJW theory about the reason why people in this forum say the board is useless: the people behind the transfers are a woman and black african guy. Only such weird theory would explain the levels of bullshit posts in this forum.

Facts are facts. The board have been immense in the transfer market. Period.

14 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I have a SJW theory about the reason why people in this forum say the board is useless: the people behind the transfers are a woman and black african guy. Only such weird theory would explain the levels of bullshit posts in this forum.

What?

19 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I agree that they've been good if you look back at some of the transfers we've made, especially the belgians, but having said that, they are not beyond reproach. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't blame the board for the sales of KdB, Lukaku, Mata etc (those were all because of jose).

My issue with them is that every summer (the past 3 at least), they jump from target to target, seemingly without a specific plan in mind. I believe the board, and the club as a whole, aren't preparing for the transfer season properly. I think that the deals that happen very quickly are those that have been discussed in advance (throughout the back end of the previous season) so when the club bids, the club receiving the bid are expecting it and have made the proper plans to address the situation going forward. We did this in jose's second season when he returned (costa deal was agreed before season even ended, etc) but we have gone away from that these past three summers. Now it seems, we approach clubs completely out of the blue and bid for their star players. Sure it works sometimes and we land some targets but other times, the club receiving the bid is like "wtf? no, we need and are counting on that player and aren't planning to replace him".

having said all that, I've seen no evidence to suggest people distrust the board because of sexism or racism, rather football supporters are very impatient and lose their shit when the club isn't going in the direction they think it should so their reaction is borne out of exasperation and impatience. I think that if the board was all old white guys and if they had achieved the exact same results as this board, just as many people would be moaning about them... just my views

13 hours ago, Zolan025 said:

Let's not beat around the brush. The present board are simply inept when it comes to measuring a players worth or actually acquiring players. I look around the Premiership and see far too many ex Chelsea players plying their trade in 1st teams of our league rivals. It is absolute lunacy that has brought us to a situation where we are chasing our tails to acquire players. We had some of the best young talent around but couldn't be bothered to give them time to blossom. We didn't even have the fore thought to sell them with buy back clauses. We sold potential and then brought crap ie Hector Miazga and Rahman to name but a few. Our youth policy is dire we keep on making the same mistakes by thinking that we are getting better older players from abroad. We buy players who have no real loyalty to our club and throw out players who want nothing more than to wear the blue shirt. I for one don't believe that our youth players aren't good enough when they continually win trophies. If any of our youth players were playing for a foreign club we would be hailing them as the next best thing and chasing their signature to play for us. Absolute madness. Just frustrated with a board who have no intention of promoting our youth, of how to buying top quality players and negotiating buy back clauses.  In the last 3 years have grown really frustrated with our boards lack of  direction. Something has to change for us to reach the next level.

Who are you talking about? Kdb?? Lukaku?? Bertrand?? 

Those are 3 players that Mourinho did not want and we expected Mou to be here for long term 

You complain about lack of youth integration/opportunity , hmm do you see the amount of criticism in this forum regarding the signings that we made. They said we need a lot more players but at the same time you want to give youth player a chance. I don't know how you do that. If you want to give youth a chance, then we should not sign bakayoko, then chalobah will definitely stay. Don't sign Rudiger then Ake will stay.

Now people say that we need more signings, if we sign a new rwb, tomori will never play, if we sign a new winger boga will never play, a new cm baker will never play. 

15 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Marina Granovskaia needs to go in my opinion. She might be a good economist and has done a good job concerning gaining revenues, our net spend and profits since she joined our board. But Chelsea isn't Arsenal. We're about winning important titles and that has been our focus above all else under Abramovich.

But a disgusting trend has arisen over the last few years. She joined in 2013 but which difficult transfers has she pulled over the line since then? From what I understand, Costa and Fabregas joined us mostly because of Mourinho. The former shared the same agent with him and the latter got a direct phone call from Mourinho before he decided to join us. Same with Matic. Hazard, Azpilicueta and Courtois the three geniune world class players we have in our squad all were signed before her. 

So far all she has to her name as far as important signings are Kante and Willian transferred from Leicester and Anzhi respectively. This isn't good enough. We have been an absolute disaster in getting transfers over the line recently. What exactly are her qualifications other than being on good terms with Abramovich?

http://www.chelseafc.com/the-club/about-chelsea-football-club/club-personnel/marina-granovskaia.html

And yes, it's her job to ensure transfers go over the line "She joined the board of Chelsea FC plc and the Football Club Board in June 2013 and is mainly responsible for player transactions." 

Agree 100%. 

6 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

The thing about the whole month to go thing..is we've had 2 months before that and yet still so much work to be done. If haven't been able to get it sorted during that time not convinced we can do it now. Especially now it's more of a rush!

Pretty much my thoughts. 

When people was saying to me I should wait because we had a lot of time to get things done, I didn't saw it like that. 

To me  it seems like they drag their feet a lot. And now we won't buy real quality this late, but panic buys. 

We knew we had problems to solve before the season ended, yet here we are in August...... 

See to me I'm okay if we don't spend much just as long as they don't expect us to do good. If the board think we can challenge with what we have they are delusional. 

We can finish in top 4 or even outside with what we have right now and the competition around. 

Just don't expect to challenge for every tittle if you don't back the manager. 

19 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Pretty much my thoughts. 

When people was saying to me I should wait because we had a lot of time to get things done, I didn't saw it like that. 

Wasn't that before we signed anyone? We now have 4 player's.

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't that before we signed anyone? We now have 4 player's.

The issue was squad depth before. 

We just replace like for like. 

Costa for Morata, Matic for Bakayoko, Caballero for Begovic and Rudgier for Terry. 

No real squad depth. That was a concern before the season ended. And August 06 here we are with the same problem that we had at the end of May.....

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

The issue was squad depth before. 

We just replace like for like. 

Costa for Morata, Matic for Bakayoko, Caballero for Begovic and Rudgier for Terry. 

No real squad depth. That was a concern before the season ended. And August 06 here we are with the same problem that we had at the end of May.....

Not only that but the players we bought are worse than what we lost except Terry..