The Board

13 hours ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

We are the worse run club in the league.

Getting more and more difficult to disagree with this. I explained a few days back why Manchester City are one of the best run clubs in the EPL right now, but Chelsea's regression seems to be more and more rapid. 

Roman needs to hold members at board level accountable and soon!

The tables of city and chelsea have turned. 

Before we made wise buys, had good structure, identity and meanwhile city was throwing cash out of window for average players. 

Today its opposite. City brought smart people to the board and now also a very good coach. They have built good basis. But I still dont see them as what some would say family. Still a group of people, but they do have Guardiola now who might reshape the culture of the club.

Meanwhile we have regressed in every possible way. Perhaps we were just lucky to have all those players back then, great members in board like Kenyon, Wilkins etc and everything went fine.

Then came restructure after restructure, key people got tired of that and left, players have gotten old and new boards never managed to get us back on top 

The worst is, we let Kenyon go so quick, who did fantastic job but probably argued with Roman and got the boot. Meanwhile Marina who is doing fuck all, probably the worst director we had and still not fired. 

I like Roman, but I feel he is running the club on passion and emotions. Someone says something bad, he leaves. Someone kissing his ass and he stays. It should be run more professional, then we can get out of the shithole we are in. 

The problem as well is the fans. 

They don't voice their opinions. One of the few times was with Benitez, which to me was a doing a good job and then we screw it up by getting Mourinho.... 

Look at how Liverpool fans acted with the increase of prices and the club caved in to the demands. Our fans will never do that. 

Just now, Fernando said:

They don't voice their opinions. One of the few times was with Benitez. 

Fans have no say in this. You've seen what so called 'protests' have achieved at rival grounds like Emirates, it does nothing. We're at the bottom of the pile to influence any change, it has to come from within the club itself. It requires someone, preferably RA himself, to wake up and say "hang on a minute, maybe our structure at board level is affecting structure on pitch level". Until that happens this will be a repeating cycle.

2 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Fans have no say in this. You've seen what so called 'protests' have achieved at rival grounds like Emirates, it does nothing. We're at the bottom of the pile to influence any change, it has to come from within the club itself. It requires someone, preferably RA himself, to wake up and say "hang on a minute, maybe our structure at board level is affecting structure on pitch level". Until that happens this will be a repeating cycle.

Surely some protest about the way the club is being run would go a long way....

We built a good young team with very interesting talents until Jose came. Jose sold our future for a PL title. Didn't manage the squad well at all hence why the likes of KDB, Mata, Lukaku and Schurrle left. Now we have squad players like Pedro and Moses. 

21 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We built a good young team with very interesting talents until Jose came. Jose sold our future for a PL title. Didn't manage the squad well at all hence why the likes of KDB, Mata, Lukaku and Schurrle left. Now we have squad players like Pedro and Moses. 

I wouldn't call Mata a youngster or a player I miss terribly unless as a rotation option for whenever hazard is skulking.

I do miss all others you mentioned - perhaps Bats will prove to be at the same level or better than lukaku though (pretty young too). 

The board needs to just back out from making any kind of decision with respect to buying/selling players. It is something the manager should be given full control of. If manager doesn't get the player he wants due to fund or any other crazy reason, the manager has to come up with another player who he thinks he can work with/ make the team work with.

It is really exhausting to see board make idiotic decisions with the transfer. We sold Mata, KDB, Luiz, Lukaku, ...etc when we didn't have a proper player to replace them. 

3 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

The board needs to just back out from making any kind of decision with respect to buying/selling players. It is something the manager should be given full control of. If manager doesn't get the player he wants due to fund or any other crazy reason, the manager has to come up with another player who he thinks he can work with/ make the team work with.

It is really exhausting to see board make idiotic decisions with the transfer. We sold Mata, KDB, Luiz, Lukaku, ...etc when we didn't have a proper player to replace them. 

Completely agree with u ... 

However, didnt we sell the likes of Mata, KDB, Lukaku because of the manager ... He didnt have them in the plans which forced the players to push for an exit. 

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

However, didnt we sell the likes of Mata, KDB, Lukaku because of the manager ... He didnt have them in the plans which forced the players to push for an exit. 

Mata never made sense to me. Player of the year 2 times in a row but it seems that José knows better now as he is willing to give Juan a new contract.

Really hurts seeing him at ManUtd as he still could do an amazing job here...but Kevin de Bruyne hurts the most IMO. That guy is a top, top, TOP class player. Maybe world class....
Lukaku...don't know. Has way too many blah blah's.

Remember him saying at the end of the 2015/2016 season that he wanted to leave Everton for a UCL team? Hahaha wat a donkey, not ONE club showed any interests in him apart from us (if reports are true)

On 9/26/2016 at 10:46 PM, coolhead23 said:

Yeah that is true. We had a highly egoistic manager who screwed us badly :(.  Regardless our board has been making a lot of stupid purchases and sales. What was the point of selling Luiz and then buying him back? I would think we actually lost money in the whole transaction. I get when we sold and bought back Matic, *we thought he matured well, and maybe he did for that one season* but otherwise the board is making some really stupid mistakes.

Hopefully Conte gets enough time to sort this mess and build a proper team. I am sick of make fix managers. If the players can't listen to the manager throw the players out (it shouldn't be the other way around)

On 9/27/2016 at 4:32 PM, Jason said:

Regarding Mata, I'm finding it incredible that Mourinho barely played him here but is now playing him a lot at United.

It is because his first and second choice (Rooney and Mhky) AM are playing poorly. So he has no other option and whenever mata plays they look like a better team

9 minutes ago, communicate said:

It is because his first and second choice (Rooney and Mhky) AM are playing poorly. So he has no other option and whenever mata plays they look like a better team

He can shift to a different formation if he wants to really but he's just obsessed with his 4-2-3-1. And let's not forget we're talking about a manager who didn't drop players when they played poorly last season.

On 9/29/2016 at 5:40 AM, DYC. said:

Cech/Begovic

Azpilicueta/Aina - Christensen/Zouma - Luiz/Cahill - Luis/Bertrand

Fabregas/Oscar - Kante/Matic

Salah/Willian - De Bruyne/Mata - Hazard/Schurrle

Costa/Batshuayi

Who's got the cheat code to make this happen?

Time to re-start that FM14 save...