The Board

the problems come from very far away!
the coach, the rose, the market, the load fucks loans are all mistake of leadership and stuff that not  are able to built a long term project, like juventus, bvb,bayern, barcellona or other, but also project less important! the only things could save us is that the club is bought from someone else! Bill gates is time come's to play!

We need new leadership at this club, full stop.

Anyone who thinks that somehow in 2 months time things will not look as bad as today is just fooling themselves. It SHOULD NOT require a fucking crisis and a lot of shit play from the 1st team to figure out when action is needed to either merely maintain a our club at the top level, near the top of the table, or to improve (setting sights on Real, Barca, Bayern, etc.).

6 hours ago, Tautvix said:

This is what I was trying to say earlier. Overpay for TOP QUALITY players or buy clowns like Luiz who will not improve team at all. And now we play with Luiz, Ivanovic and Cahill which is a disgrace. They are Stoke quality players at their best.

To be honest, even if we had overpaid for Koulibaly instead of bringing back Luiz, the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill would still have played today, so I don't think it would have made a difference. Yes, the board may not have been successful in recruiting reinforcements, but that's why I think Conte ought to try out Chalobah, Aina and other boys, just like Tottenham a couple of seasons ago.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

The board has no ambition. We have been on a downward slope since 2010 and they have done nothing to stop it. We may have bought new players and looked to refresh the squad in 2011/2012 but then, we allowed one manager to ruin all that and ended up with a pathetic squad.

Agree. 

We are very much Man United 2012 Mark II. Yes we won the title, but Chelsea (much like that Man U team) were very very flawed.

What I do not understand at all. Is why the hell the Board have given the likes of Cahill/Ivan/Oscar/Willian/Matic, (Even Courtois! with the whole Lollichon fiasco) as much trust and backing like they did prime Drogba/Lampard/Cole/JT/Cech? ( I don't mind players having power, but they have to be WC talents man. They can't be this lot.)

Somebody else on this forum said this but I cannot repeat it enough, and that is "why isn't Chelsea management as ruthless with underperforming players, as they are with managers". 

The Board deserve everything that is happening to this team. Because they would rather search the galaxy for a manager that can turn these players into PL Title winners instead of facing the cold hard reality, that they fucked up when it came squad composition, and built a very expensive but deeply flawed team.

I mean, who turns down 50M for Oscar, Juventus coming in for Matic, gives our Worst player of the year last year a contract extension, and then goes two consecutive summer transfer windows keeping the likes of Ivan/Cahill/Matic/Oscar/Willian/Cesc as undisputed first team starters because The Board refuse to buy any sort of competition for their spots.

For an ownership, that places such lofty ambitions on the managers they hire. The Board truly do go out of their way to sabotage the clubs efforts. Unreal.

/rant.  

7 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

To be honest, even if we had overpaid for Koulibaly instead of bringing back Luiz, the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill would still have played today, so I don't think it would have made a difference. Yes, the board may not have been successful in recruiting reinforcements, but that's why I think Conte ought to try out Chalobah, Aina and other boys, just like Tottenham a couple of seasons ago.

Absolutely. But this is a two year thing with the board. (one might argue a 4 year thing, since the hiring of JM the second time round). 

They are trying to penny pinch their way back to the top because for some reason they have placed the future of Chelsea FC in the hands of Ivan/Cahill/Oscar/Matic/Willian/JT. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

The board has no ambition. We have been on a downward slope since 2010 and they have done nothing to stop it. We may have bought new players and looked to refresh the squad in 2011/2012 but then, we allowed one manager to ruin all that and ended up with a pathetic squad.

Doesn't fully make sense. Why hire big name managers or sign a top striker from a top club in La Liga then (OK, maybe that was just one for Jose then)?  

Mixed messages, incoherent decision-making at the top. 

For me, I've been thinking that it's just time to move on. Didier Drogba and the crew ten years ago really captured me, but now... nothing whatsoever and its been fading since the lack of quality around Didier for years.

58 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

After signing Kante, Conte said we still need 3 or 4 new players. So imagine us signing Nainggolan who would probably replace Matic, Koulibaly instead of Luiz and let it be "someone" instead of Alonso. So knowing that Zouma is about to be back from injury and Terry who still looks far superior to the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill we would look like a good side. So again, it's not only about failing to buy 1 player. There are a lot of players we failed to buy. Jose and Pep I guess got everything they needed even before the season started, while Conte... I really feel for the guy :( We can blame his late subs against Liverpool, we can blame high line today but there are things we cannot blame on him. He is not responsible if Cahill gives the ball away and he is not responsible for this stupid board. And remember this happens 2nd year in a row.

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Absolutely. But this is a two year thing with the board. (one might argue a 4 year thing, since the hiring of JM the second time round). 

They are trying to penny pinch their way back to the top because for some reason they have placed the future of Chelsea FC in the hands of Ivan/Cahill/Oscar/Matic/Willian/JT. 

It could be because of Torres that the board decided not to overpay, and there's also the stadium. And according to various sources, Roman has lost quite a lot of wealth. We're trying to do an "Arsenal", but I fear we're doing a Liverpool/Inter/Milan instead.

8 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

After signing Kante, Conte said we still need 3 or 4 new players. So imagine us signing Nainggolan who would probably replace Matic, Koulibaly instead of Luiz and let it be "someone" instead of Alonso. So knowing that Zouma is about to be back from injury and Terry who still looks far superior to the likes of Ivanovic and Cahill we would look like a good side. So again, it's not only about failing to buy 1 player. There are a lot of players we failed to buy. Jose and Pep I guess got everything they needed even before the season started, while Conte... I really feel for the guy :( We can blame his late subs against Liverpool, we can blame high line today but there are things we cannot blame on him. He is not responsible if Cahill gives the ball away and he is not responsible for this stupid board. And remember this happens 2nd year in a row.

Wasn't Kante actually the alternative for Nainggolan? I haven't seen Koulibaly, so to claim he'd be better than Luiz would be a shot in the dark. Alonso, hasn't impressed me, and I agree that we could have signed someone else. Have we even been linked to any other LB this summer? Our defense is absolutely clueless without Terry, this has been proven today, and I hope Zouma will be decent after his return. Of course you can't blame everything on Conte, and he's right to say that everyone should take responsibility for the club's recent failures. But still, I think that he can do better, even with the current squad at his disposal.