The Board

Im thinking a lot about this transfer window, my conclusion on it is that the board, the club, does have a view, they look into the future and they're trying to stay on a very specific road. Its the academy and also the transfers. The question is if Mourinho is in the same mind as the board, and if he's the right manager to lead us in this road.

The primary targets we had this summer - Stones, Pogba, Baba - shows that the club want to be based on the young players who will become top players. Rob Beasley (who is an annoying bastard but he was right about everything he said this summer),

said it like one-two months ago - the club wants more of the Hazard, Oscar and Courtois signings. And i think the club is very specific about those type of targets, which makes the market so limited for us. The club doesnt want to spend too much on stop-gap signings, and until now it happend only when we were in some kind of pressure - (1) we wanted to win the title, didnt find a young player for an important role and had a special opportunity (Fabregas. And i think the main target for this position was Koke), (2) we were in a situation that we dont have any depth in the middle of a season (Cuadrado), and (3) when we started the season badly and Mourinho was no longer happy (Pedro, Djilobodji who was supposed to be Abdennour. Although he didnt chose to bring a stop-gap CM).

Mourinho said this summer "When i came back to Chelsea, Abramovich told me you have to compete for trophis, he didnt say i have to win them". The fact he chose to say that means something about the club imo. I think the club is not as obsessed to win trophies as we may think, its just that we have a manager who is obsessed to win at all cost. This quote above is not the only one, Jose talked a lot this summer about the board and 'what we want to do as a club', and from those quotes you can easily understand its not a usual approach for him to work under, and its not easy for him. But, he says he's happy with this approach. Now we'll see, according to the way he picks his line-ups, according to the way of playing, if he really can and should lead this project. For example, there is no excuses for not giving RLC a lot of playing time (if he's really that talented, i dont know) when he competes with Mikel and Ramires, and there is no excuses to keep Ivanovic on the field when we have Baba.

Although I am disappointed with the window I am happy we did not make the same mistake of overpaying for Willian and Cuadrado types like we did in the

past. Stop gaps should be cheap. Hopefully we can next summer spend the money we saved right now on better players.

they miscalculated how bitter and twisted a low level Spanish midfielder turned small club manager could be.

I would say this transfer window has been a success if that deal went through. Pedro,Begovic and hopefully Baba was a good pick up. there`s atleast one player coming before the window shuts I think.

I would have kept Kalas around and maybe one or two others but I put that on Jose.

perhaps a 6 or 7 out of 10 so far. not great but could have been worse.

It could be that we had some kind of assurances from Everton regarding Stones and that they've fucked us over in the last moment.

It could be that we had some kind of assurances from Everton regarding Stones and that they've fucked us over in the last moment.

Some article, somewhere, maybe even on this forum, mentioned that Everton told Chelsea a bid of 36 would have sealed the deal. However Everton then refused to sell.

Some article, somewhere, maybe even on this forum, mentioned that Everton told Chelsea a bid of 36 would have sealed the deal. However Everton then refused to sell.

Indeed, it's completely possible. I guess it was Martinez who created chaos behind the scenes like threatening to quit which forced the owners to keep John. Also it could be that Lukaku and Barkley threatened also to leave if they sold Stones or something like that.

Shame how it all went....

• 4 weeks later...

Some players let go would probably walk into this team now -de Bruyne, Sturridge, lukaku, Mata, Luiz, even Schurle.

Before Mourinho is blamed, its the board who make the final decisions. It does seem though that Mourinhos stubborn team selections eg fabregas, Ivan, are a reaction to the enforced lack of transfer activity over the Summer. Just as he threw his toys out the pram when Sidwell, Pizzaro and Ben Haim were foisted upon him.

Ok Mourinho has some input into who signs, but lets not forget no Chelsea manager has had a free rein in choosing players -the last manager able to do that was Hoddle.

Some players let go would probably walk into this team now -de Bruyne, Sturridge, lukaku, Mata, Luiz, even Schurle.

Before Mourinho is blamed, its the board who make the final decisions. It does seem though that Mourinhos stubborn team selections eg fabregas, Ivan, are a reaction to the enforced lack of transfer activity over the Summer. Just as he threw his toys out the pram when Sidwell, Pizzaro and Ben Haim were foisted upon him.

Ok Mourinho has some input into who signs, but lets not forget no Chelsea manager has had a free rein in choosing players -the last manager able to do that was Hoddle.

so what you are saying is that since jose did not get exactly what he wanted, he is intentionally harming the club.

so what you are saying is that since jose did not get exactly what he wanted, he is intentionally harming the club.

Hes obviously not happy with upstairs not splashing the cash the way the Arabs do at Citeh, that has fed the media treat, and has filtered all the way down to some people here as well.

Hes obviously not happy with upstairs not splashing the cash the way the Arabs do at Citeh, that has fed the media treat, and has filtered all the way down to some people here as well.

you did not answer my question.

just because he is "unhappy" with not getting his way, is he intentionally harming the club by choosing under-performing players again and again.

So it seems...

i love jose. i still do. just like i love iva. what they have done for the club will go down in history.

but i have to say i have lost all my respect for jose. this is not the way anyone should be managing a team. petty squables with the board should not be the reason you make your team suffer. i am sorry but that is not what should be happening. the CLUB comes first and foremost. nothing else even comes close to it.

sorry to say this, but JOSE OUT.

How do you solve a problem like Mourinho? Right now, as well as the players, he is a problem. His selection of players especially Ivanovic leaves a massive question over him.

People claim the players are a problem, Mourinho is just as big a problem.

i love jose. i still do. just like i love iva. what they have done for the club will go down in history.

but i have to say i have lost all my respect for jose. this is not the way anyone should be managing a team. petty squables with the board should not be the reason you make your team suffer. i am sorry but that is not what should be happening. the CLUB comes first and foremost. nothing else even comes close to it.

sorry to say this, but JOSE OUT.

Feel your pain :) But for me that is premature, but Bruce Buck and the board will dispense at the end of the season if we're mid table. Citys Arab owners, and even the Man Utd board wouldnt have blinked at giving Everton 50m for Stones if thats what was needed.

There are problems, no one is denying it. Jose always started at the back-start with the defence. Terrys leadership missing is like losing two players. Your hero Drogba leaving -noone can properly fill the big mans boots -but its fucking schoolboy stuff as well like having players on the posts at corners.

Anyway Mourinho to me is by far the best option, and we would finish mid table if he was sacked now. Thered be all the bollocks about the new manager 'bedding in', 'its a season and half of transition' etc.

The people upstairs , out of the media and fans spotlight, need to look at themselves as well.

Feel your pain :) But for me that is premature, but Bruce Buck and the board will dispense at the end of the season if we're mid table. Citys Arab owners, and even the Man Utd board wouldnt have blinked at giving Everton 50m for Stones if thats what was needed.

There are problems, no one is denying it. Jose always started at the back-start with the defence. Terrys leadership missing is like losing two players. Your hero Drogba leaving -noone can properly fill the big mans boots -but its fucking schoolboy stuff as well like having players on the posts at corners.

Anyway Mourinho to me is by far the best option, and we would finish mid table if he was sacked now. Thered be all the bollocks about the new manager 'bedding in', 'its a season and half of transition' etc.

The people upstairs , out of the media and fans spotlight, need to look at themselves as well.

i cant blame the fans one bit.

i just cant.

its not the loss that hurts. believe me.

i honestly thought we were quite good yesterday until the 60th minute. mikel, ramires, willian, azpi, begovic, costa all had atleast a 8/10 performance in them till that time. that is 6 out 11 players that i think were very good. but what do u expect to happen when you have ivanovic letting brahimi go past him 4/5 times in a game? what are GC and zouma supposed to do?

when evra had a decline, it made rio-vidic look incompetent at times. any CB in the world would struggle if one of your fullbacks has been as atrocious as iva. and was it the first time? was it a surprise?

then why was he on the pitch. cesc is hopeless as a no.10 we all know that. cesc is even worse as a DLP, we all know that too. how many times have we fallen behind this season. how many times has jose taken out matic/a defender and put cesc as a DM to play from deep. has it EVER worked? why did he do the same thing today. as soon as mikel came off, we lost our solidity in mid (and yes, we had solidity until 60th minute - the first goal was a iva blunder and the 2nd goal was from a corner).

jose has made selection mistakes, tactical mistakes, our play has been poor, there has been no progression. i feel the fans are totally justified in critisizing him.

i cant blame the fans one bit.

i just cant.

its not the loss that hurts. believe me.

i honestly thought we were quite good yesterday until the 60th minute. mikel, ramires, willian, azpi, begovic, costa all had atleast a 8/10 performance in them till that time. that is 6 out 11 players that i think were very good. but what do u expect to happen when you have ivanovic letting brahimi go past him 4/5 times in a game? what are GC and zouma supposed to do?

when evra had a decline, it made rio-vidic look incompetent at times. any CB in the world would struggle if one of your fullbacks has been as atrocious as iva. and was it the first time? was it a surprise?

then why was he on the pitch. cesc is hopeless as a no.10 we all know that. cesc is even worse as a DLP, we all know that too. how many times have we fallen behind this season. how many times has jose taken out matic/a defender and put cesc as a DM to play from deep. has it EVER worked? why did he do the same thing today. as soon as mikel came off, we lost our solidity in mid (and yes, we had solidity until 60th minute - the first goal was a iva blunder and the 2nd goal was from a corner).

jose has made selection mistakes, tactical mistakes, our play has been poor, there has been no progression. i feel the fans are totally justified in critisizing him.

Ivanovich is a puzzler. He must have some photos of Jose hanging out the back of Eva.