The Board

This is a comment on the Cuadrado story in Sky Sports by a user called 'manutd fan'.

Shows a lot of how we're beginning to be perceived now in world football. The change in attitude from our board deserves a lot of credit and you can see why there's a drastic revamp going on with the board now, to meet this attitude. Buck and Gourlay represent the 'old' Chelsea, of reckless purchasing.

Emenalo could have sold Tal ben Haim to Bayern Munich for £100 million plus Schweinsteiger.

• 5 months later...

Anyone else frustated that we seems to be the only team that cares about FFP? The likes of City and Liverpool going out there and spending £50-£100m like it is nothing while we are supposed to be earning £300m+ a year in revenue and have to operate with a 1 in 1 out policy? FFS we are not Arsenal/Spurs, can't we just give Moses back to Stoke on loan and sign Pedro or something? Just sell Mikel for £10m and sign Witsel £25m.

It is almosts as if last summer was too good for us and we believe we can carry on doing that from now on when in reality we had lot of luck(Lukaku 28m, Luiz 50m, Schurrle 23m) which is unlikely to happen again.

Anyone else frustated that we seems to be the only team that cares about FFP? The likes of City and Liverpool going out there and spending £50-£100m like it is nothing while we are supposed to be earning £300m+ a year in revenue and have to operate with a 1 in 1 out policy? FFS we are not Arsenal/Spurs, can't we just give Moses back to Stoke on loan and sign Pedro or something? Just sell Mikel for £10m and sign Witsel £25m.

It is almosts as if last summer was too good for us and we believe we can carry on doing that from now on when in reality we had lot of luck(Lukaku 28m, Luiz 50m, Schurrle 23m) which is unlikely to happen again.

No. Because we have a stadium we need to pay for, and we're trying to operate within our means. But I see your point. City, Barcelona, Real all spend millions and no severe sanctions are ever imposed on them. Makes you think FFP is in essence a load of bollocks, but let's also take into consideration we don't need to spend millions. City have spent ridiculous money, Arsenal have spent, Liverpool have invested, and United are spending serious amounts also - they're all still miles behind us.

No. Because we have a stadium we need to pay for, and we're trying to operate within our means. But I see your point. City, Barcelona, Real all spend millions and no severe sanctions are ever imposed on them. Makes you think FFP is in essence a load of bollocks, but let's also take into consideration we don't need to spend millions. City have spent ridiculous money, Arsenal have spent, Liverpool have invested, and United are spending serious amounts also - they're all still miles behind us.

Yep I know and not demanding the board go out there and fo 150m on Grizemann and Pogba or something but reasonable signings like Pedro, Witsel for around maybe 40m max after selling the others, surely we can afford something like that even with the stadium? Also I thought the stadium is not accounted within FFP? Otherwise if it costs 500m we can be looking at min of 5 more years of this type of summer(and basically become Arsenal when they started their Emirates project).

I agree our squad is more than able to compete with the best as it stands, but never heard to try improve bit by bit all the time.

Maybe we are going to give a shot to young and fringe players as this article puts it:

http://www.espnfc.us/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2531871/chelsea-will-rely-on-youth-and-fringe-without-more-signings

I have no problem with this just as long we do give them a sustained period.

Meaning not just give them one game here and there and that's that.

If we don't that and spend most of the time with the same eleven with little rotation then it will cost us.

Don't care about the stadium , would rather play on a cowfield, and continue to buy good players each window.

Aren't Liverpool developing their stadium too?

The money will run out sometime, Abramovic can't always fund our time, we need to generate our own revenues and a big stadium with more than 60000 seats adds to the revenue

I don't get TalkChelsea, I really don't.

The same people screaming at the top of their lungs we're wasting such an amazing generation of young players (which I don't completely agree with, but it's the absolutely truth for many of you), is moaning now even louder because we don't sign new players although our manager said if some of the English young talent we have now don't make it to England NT in five years it would be on him.

Mourinho couldn't have been more honest and straight with us since he's arrived back. First season he said wasn't for titles, we weren't ready, small horses and all that while also saying the following we'd be ready. He kept the speech throughout the whole of his second season and started talking about developing youth. Do people expect those kids to magically be integrated in 2020?

So you either defend youth development and integration and accept the onus that comes with it: making room for them to play in the first team as subs somewhat often (starting with matches far and apart and progressing from there) or you keep bringing players either on their peak or about to explode, with tons of professional matches on their belts.

We need more depth on the bench, I fully support the idea, but if Mourinho and the board want to use our loaned players and youth to gradually become our bench, it's a gamble most of people here should support as they don't cease to give Mourinho stick for not integrating young players. Also there has been some pressure on us to use our academy players and people are start to raise eyebrows on our loan system, I think we're going to start justify both.

Tibo-Begovic-Blackman

Zouma-Cahill-JT-Stones?

Azpi-Ivanovic-LB?

RLC-Mikel-Cesc-Ramires-Matic

Moses-Cuardado-Salah-Hazard-Oscar-Willian-Traore

Costa-Falcao-Remy.

Really, a LB or Ake and maybe a backup dm would be good. But there is depth and talent.

Hasn't it been confirmed that Roman will personally fund the new stadium and that it won't eat into Chelsea's transfer dealings at all?

Also, to be blunt, I never have and never really will care about bringing through loads of academy players. I'm not English and couldn't care less about the England national team so all this talk about it being such a big deal is annoying. If they are an exceptional case then fine, but if it stops us buying great players (like it appears to be now) that's what pisses me off a bit.

The very best sides like Real Madrid, Bayern, and Barca barely have any academy players in their teams. They go out and splash millions and millions on players EVEN AFTER WINNING TITLES.

Tibo-Begovic-Blackman

Zouma-Cahill-JT-Stones?

Azpi-Ivanovic-LB?

RLC-Mikel-Cesc-Ramires-Matic

Moses-Cuardado-Salah-Hazard-Oscar-Willian-Traore

Costa-Falcao-Remy.

Really, a LB or Ake and maybe a backup dm would be good. But there is depth and talent.

I'm sorry bud but theres alot in your squad I could really do without.

And OK I can understand the penny pinching IF that is the situation because of the new stadium - we are purely guessing at that like we always do.

So the 1 in 1 out I can live with too but what is wrong with bringing 1 in then sending one out?

What I dont agree with is this is the best squad we can get. For Mou to say some of the rubbish Ive read hes said then theres summet strange going on.

Hasn't it been confirmed that Roman will personally fund the new stadium and that it won't eat into Chelsea's transfer dealings at all?

Also, to be blunt, I never have and never really will care about bringing through loads of academy players. I'm not English and couldn't care less about the England national team so all this talk about it being such a big deal is annoying. If they are an exceptional case then fine, but if it stops us buying great players (like it appears to be now) that's what pisses me off a bit.

The very best sides like Real Madrid, Bayern, and Barca barely have any academy players in their teams. They go out and splash millions and millions on players EVEN AFTER WINNING TITLES.

awkward!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: