Official: David Luiz departs for PSG

Jose this jose that fuck Mourinho his no God he has a terrible record in the transfer market and I think this is one of the stupid ones

You should remember that a football club is also a business and when you have to chance to get £40-50m for a player that cost you £25m and isn't even first choice then you'd be stupid not to accept the offer. He's a great character and I wish him all the best at PSG

What about the points he has won? By that logic, we should be selling JT after that own goal...

I was listening to Pihl Vickery talk about Johnny Wilkinson. He was obsessed with being the best player he could, working tirelessly on the training pitches to arguably become the best rugby player of his generation.

He also made mistakes. Every sportsman does.

But Vickery said that when he did, you didn't blame him or fault him because you knew how hard he worked and how much he would beat himself up for that error and learn from it. JT is the same.

I would never put Luiz in that category.

i can't say i like how Jose has sold 2 players we considered to be our future 'core'. Especially when he replaced

Mata with an average player like Salah

He's sold and replaced two players surplus to requirements - for nearly £80 million - with one of the world's best holding midfielders and a promising utility player, making a £50 million profit in the process which will be spent on reinforcing areas we need to strengthen. I'd say he's done a damned good job,

It's amusing that you bring up the Atletico game because I can count on one hand the number of bad performances Luiz has had in a 'big' game. He nearly always stepped up to the occasion, as a defender AND a midfielder ; if anything he was often guilty of playing to the level of the opposition when we faced the lesser lights.

i dint bring the ATM game as an example of DL's poor performance. infact he was decent on the night. i brought it up to show EH17's "minute" mistake and how our tactics dont have much margin of error.

i dint bring the ATM game as an example of DL's poor performance. infact he was decent on the night. i brought it up to show EH17's "minute" mistake and how our tactics dont have much margin of error.

No I got your post; mine was directed at the notion that Luiz would be a liability in big games. He raises his game based on the opposition. A big game player is a mature one but you have to wonder why he rarely showed that level of application against the other teams.

For 3 years we talked about his talent and 'potential' to be world class but now that he's 27 and not reached that level except for the odd run of games here and there, people are bringing up his conflict with the Chelsea system as an excuse. I don't disagree with that line of thinking, maybe he will indeed be better suited to PSG's style but fact remains we've sold an incompatible enigma of a player who's not fulfilled his promise for a world record fee which will hopefully be utilized to address the glaring need(s) identified by the manager.

luiz.png

I believe this ^^ is disrespectful.

Are we going to go through the same thing every time we sell a player that someone loved? We got £40-50m for David Luiz!!! Ridiculous amount and its not like he was that great for us last season. Now lets watch Mourinho build us another great team.

It's normal for people to express their emotions. It's normal for fans to attach to players. Fans are people therefore....

Great business but greatly loved player too.

There are times when players can lift up the team by being there... For me Luiz was one such player ... always want to give more than 100% to the cause (would never forget the small prayer with the hand on Torres), got in positive vibes everywhere around. Yes he wasnt able to take his potential to greater heights at Chelsea but he contributed in his own little way, one of the few players who had an emotional connect with the fans ... A cult figure.... Never thought he would go ...

And here we are with an amount so insane that u just cant say no ...... Crazy world of football!!!!!!!!

All the best to the Greezer .... U will always be loved by Chelsea fans all over ....

We've sold Mata, Luiz and de Bruyne for approximately £95m. Replaced them with Matic, Salah and Costa for approximately £65m. Unbelievable business.

Have I missed something? I found out about Luiz just now on this forum, but I don't see anything about Costa.