Official: David Luiz departs for PSG

I think this is a good sale. Luiz's errors this year cost us at least 5 points. He has proved he doesn't have the concentration and positioning to be a great CB at Chelsea.

Rotate JT, Cahill, Kalas as CB's. Move Azpilicueta to RB with Ivanovic to play CB/RB. New LB to arrive..

Terry and Cahill errors cost us more than 10 points so your point is not valid, includin a chance in the final of the champ league

first mata and then this really sad to see him leave just because he had bad season doesn't make him mediacore like some people say just look at his appearance in national when his at his best his worldclass and under rafa he was performing pretty well seems to me like it all went downhill when he didn't get mourinho's vote of confidence

a tottenham high line, a chelsea low line or a barca no line, now it simply does not matter. the only person whose opinion mattered was jose and he thinks luiz is not the guy for us.

DL is a GREAT FOOTBALLER (great defender?, i am still not sure) but as a CHELSEA defender, he barely could be counted as GOOD. and that is the most important thing. he simply was not the defender for us.

his "minute" errors are the things that our system does not allow. we play a very rigid and organized way with very little margin for error (look at the ATM 2nd leg, one "minute" mistake from EH17 had a catastrophic effect). hence, makes perfect sense to let go off a defender who simply did not play that way.

It's amusing that you bring up the Atletico game because I can count on one hand the number of bad performances Luiz has had in a 'big' game. He nearly always stepped up to the occasion, as a defender AND a midfielder ; if anything he was often guilty of playing to the level of the opposition when we faced the lesser lights.

Jose this jose that fuck Mourinho his no God he has a terrible record in the transfer market and I think this is one of the stupid ones

Mourinho seems to have a personal agenda with players who got along well with Rafa Benitez

Either this is your honest opinion or you are baiting members and trying to start a flame war. If it's the latter, I'd suggest thinking otherwise.

Are we going to go through the same thing every time we sell a player that someone loved? We got £40-50m for David Luiz!!! Ridiculous amount and its not like he was that great for us last season. Now lets watch Mourinho build us another great team.

Jose this jose that fuck Mourinho his no God he has a terrible record in the transfer market and I think this is one of the stupid ones

Luiz is so inconsistent and not even being played as a CB anymore, Cahill and Terry are more solid than Luiz.

Luiz has a lot of skill but he isn't a great defender.

People need to look past the fact that he is a likable character.

We just got a lot of money for someone who isn't in our first 11