Thoughts On The England Squad

James

Looney keeps being shite for England and keeps getting selected. If he is dropped England might stand a better chance but no chance the White Pele isn't played by the retards who select the squad.

Its a real shame that Jay Rodriguez got injured. I thought he was outstanding for Southampton this season, 15 league goals in 33 games is good going for a player who does start wide. Think he would have made an impact for England as well.

Think if Roy was smart he would have brought someone like Michael Carrick or Tom Huddlestone. Someone who would have the ability to keep the ball with Gerrard.

England have also been very unlucky as well. Think they'll get a point against Italy but for them to beat Uruguay your needed the likes of Glen Johnson to have a superb game but I think he's a liability and will be exposed. Think they'll do well to get out of the group.

A lot of people here overrating Italy and Uruguay, Italy have been pretty poor lately and sure Uruguay have the likes of Suarez and Cavani but you do realise they have the likes of Coates at the back...

Italy>England>Uraguary for me, England will get past the group stages, you can quote me on it. Now i'm not saying England are going to win it, far from it, but i do think we can get past the group stages, if not it'll be a massive disappointment.

I don't want to sound like a patronising cunt, but It's good see some of the English lads here supporting the team, in this forum and twitter I've come across so many twats who hate England and only support their club... of course i may not like Gerrad, Rooney and co but when they're wearing the England kit i will support them.

A lot of people here overrating Italy and Uruguay, Italy have been pretty poor lately and sure Uruguay have the likes of Suarez and Cavani but you do realise they have the likes of Coates at the back...

Italy>England>Uraguary for me, England will get past the group stages, you can quote me on it. Now i'm not saying England are going to win it, far from it, but i do think we can get past the group stages, if not it'll be a massive disappointment.

I don't want to sound like a patronising cunt, but It's good see some of the English lads here supporting the team, in this forum and twitter I've come across so many twats who hate England and only support their club... of course i may not like Gerrad, Rooney and co but when they're wearing the England kit i will support them.

England seems divided....

In Spain, they have all the rivalry, however LA ROJA remains supreme...

In England, it seems the opposite.

IMO, England's entire world cup relies on their first game.

Win it, and i think it will give them the confidence to go till atleast the semi's.... then anything can happen.

Anything other than a win in their first game and they wont go longer than maybe the first knockout fixture .

The players are all there.... Rooney Sturridge is a formidable attacking line up

Henderson sterling Lallana will do the quick bits.

Gerrard is gerrard so he will do his long ball stuff.

Its actually a really good team, but the confidence must come from the first game, and build from there onwards.

Anything but a win, and the pressure will be too much.

We're gonna win it obv. INGUUUURRRRLANNNNNND.

IF you need a patriotism boost. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yLph6ePNkGQ

Or my favourite:

I think we can get through the groups.

Draw Draw Win. Italy Uraguay and us tied on points and us and Uraguay go through on GD. Then its the knockouts and who knows.

Fwiw i don't like Gerrard Wilshere etc. But if any of them score a winner no england fan will be standing there not celebrating because of the player. Same with JT in the past. Everyone hates him. I bet they would still go mad if he was to score the winner to get us through etc.

COME ON ENGLAND! SUPER FRANKIE GOLDEN BOOT. :yes:

I am not sure if anyone else has made this point but how the fuck did Smalling & Welbeck make the squad?? I'm sure some people get picked simply because they play for United. If they played for a Stoke or West Brom they wouldn't get near the England squad!!

This tournament's England team is the most interesting since 2002. In 2006 and 2010, they had a squad that was scary on paper, full of (aging) Superstars - tired and without chemistry. This year I have no idea about the chemistry, but on ecan see what impact youth had in 2010, when Germany included, Müller, Özil, Badstuber, Boateng, who all were in their very early 20ies. Their sharp, reckless style would waltz almost every team down. England this year is more balanced in terms of age than ever. The youth input might not be as technically accomplished as Germany's in 2010, but Sterling, Barkley, Sturridge are physical beasts who can run all day long, which is important. In such a tournament, not running out of steam is more important than class. Even though you need both to win it.

IMO Woy is an average coach, just as Joachim Löw. But it does not prevent a team of talented player to play good football. England's success at the WC depends on how coherent the selection of players works together and how they get used to the heat. The ability to reach the quarter final is there. They can beat or at least draw uruguay, cos England - on paper - is more balanced and should be able to play with the ball as well as counter attack. So imo 5 points are possible but 4 will not be enough. In the 2nd round they would get Ivory coast or Columbia if they are clever enough to finish 2nd. Either should be no big deal. In the quarter finals, my country will await, which usually means Auf Wiedersehen for you guys.

Anyway, I like the team and i hope it gets far, I'd have

----------------------Hart------------------ This year the goalies for once look eally decent. Fraser Foster can be invincible in big games, might be worth a shot, in case Hart loses form

Johnson(meh)-Jagielka-Hart--Baines very solid and mobile, if they get the chemistry right, they can be one of the best defences of the tournament. Terry and Cole should be in the side, though

---------------Gerrard--Wilshere------- Might also play Hendo for wilsh, not a great fan of either

Lallana---------------------------Sterling A bit risky, cos both are not the best defenders, but when you got that pace you have to use it. But probably Millner who has the pace of an old fashioned CB will play

------------------Roo---------------------- hope he gets on with his

----------------Studge-------------------- best striker in the country.

The great thing aobut his team, when it does not go right, they can still throw in players like Barkley, Ox, Lamps who all offer something different. It will be interesting to see how Woy manages all those assets