Phil Jones

Viper22

Might not be a popular thing to say, but I really do rate Phil Jones. Thought he was excellent at Blackburn and hasn't been too bad at United.

Obviously his versatility is a good thing (RB, CB, DM) but I also think that this has harmed him at United when he couldn't nail down a single position.

Heard it mentioned that we're after him here:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/05/17/chelsea-linked-with-surprise-move-to-sign-man-united-defender/?

But i'm not sure if this is a reputable source (I got linked to it through BBC Sports gossip) so i've tagged this as wishlist for now.

I think as a CB he'd be a great buy, and would be one of those perfect all round players to have on the bench. We could have him and Iva on the bench and be able to cover RBx2, CBx2, LB (putting one of them on at RB and shifting Azpi to LB) and DM).

All depends on his price, but as a CB I think he's a very good player, and would be a great addition to the team if we're going to sell Mikel and Luiz (and only then). We shouldn't be paying too much for a bench player but we're going to need squad players if Lamps, Luiz and Mikel all go.

What's people's general opinion? My money on there being a lot of people totally against the idea.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Ferguson has completely mismanaged Phil Jones, moving him all across the pitch when he should've let him develop at CB. He could've been a top CB by now but as I said before he's been mismanaged.

I wouldn't put him in the same boat as Smalling or Cleverley at all, far more talented than both put together I think. We don't need a CB right now so this would not really be a good transfer but I still think he's a very good player with a high ceiling.

0% chance they'd sell him and less than 0% chance they'd sell him to us.

Probably -50% chance we'd even want him. Made of more fragile glass than RvP and seems to get injured every other match.

0% chance they'd sell him and less than 0% chance they'd sell him to us.

Probably -50% chance we'd even want him. Made of more fragile glass than RvP and seems to get injured every other match.

TBF, lots of players always seem to get injured at United.

TBF, lots of players always seem to get injured at United.

Don't think their physio's have gone to school. Arsenal's either. Players always get injured and are out for months with injuries that should heal quickly.

Cahill, Terry - our CBs for the next season.

Kalas, Zouma - probably will get playing time too.

Ivanovic, Luiz - decent backup for extreme times.

So why would we buy Phil Jones?

To replace Luiz who is going to Barca/Bayern/PSG :ph34r: . Naaa in all fairness he is gonna stay at MU so it is pointless, but Luiz is leaving though.

When he was at Blackburn I was a huge fan and really pressed the issue on here. There was a bit of paper talk of our interest in him then but once Ferguson got involved it was always going to be a one horse race. His stock has declined far too much now, jack of all trades master of none.

IF Luiz, Mikel and Lamps leave. Next time read the OP.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You