This time next year...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think jose only got like 5 more points than Rafa? Rafa got us a European trophy...should have been in FA cup final if City didn't cheat...

Hardly a mess :/

oh so it was Rafa who won us the EL then was it?

So by that logic it was Rafa's fault why we lost the Carling Cup and CWC! 2 trophies that were there on a plate for him to win but he failed miserably! It was our players who won us the EL not Rafa! if he couldn't even win us 2 trophies that were on a plate for him, so its a bit ridiculous to put the EL win down to him.

btw reaching the CL Semi final is a much much bigger achievement then winning the EL! as Rafa would say FACT!

Rafa left the team with no balance and no identity! Jose had to fix that mess when he came in! FACT!

huh?

The fact that he left us with a team with no balance and no identity! Jose inherited a team of players who had no specific style of playing. Something that was always going to take time to fix!

More like no a single trophy, or FINAL!

HULL are in the FA cup final! HULL!!

So you judge success only on trophies won? So you don't take In To consideration things like a manager inheriting a team with no balance, going through a transition season and not having a prolific goal scorer in the entire squad, while going through a building process? Does none of that matter then?

and being out the title race in December last season and Challenging till the final few weeks this season, something we haven't done in years! and going out the CL group stage last season and and getting to the CL Semi Finals this season does none of this huge progress no matter as well?

think jose only got like 5 more points than Rafa? Rafa got us a European trophy...should have been in FA cup final if City didn't cheat...

Hardly a mess :/

hahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa....

So you judge success only on trophies won? So you don't take In To consideration things like a manager inheriting a team with no balance, going through a transition season and not having a prolific goal scorer in the entire squad, while going through a building process? Does none of that matter then?

and being out the title race in December last season and Challenging till the final few weeks this season, something we haven't done in years! and going out the CL group stage last season and and getting to the CL Semi Finals this season does none of this huge progress no matter as well?

I think Rafa did a good job under the circumstances, he did subtle thing's like increase Hazard's workrate for example.
The part that is laughable is people using Europey alone to suggest Rafa did a better job, not to mention glorify his good points yet ignore the shocking games (the game at Steuna was almost as bad as Sunderland under Carlo) and some woefull subs, all to seemingly have a dig at Jose, it must be, there was anything but a pro Rafa brigade when he was actually here.
Using knockout cups to judge a managers work is a bit silly until they have won a few, as funny as Wenger's trophy drought is, he is superior to a lot off managers who have won something since he last has, hopefully Bruce is added to that list saturday.

People seem to forget that Liverpool/Spain completely fucked his knee so he would be fit for the World cup!

Afaik, that was Torres' decision. I seem to remember even further that he was told about such ramifications and continued anyway

please explain how Mourinho failed? when in actual fact he made huge progress while cleaning up Rafa's mess! please enlighten us.

Rafa's teams was more exciting to watch. not sure how Jose cleaned up

oh so it was Rafa who won us the EL then was it?

So by that logic it was Rafa's fault why we lost the Carling Cup and CWC! 2 trophies that were there on a plate for him to win but he failed miserably! It was our players who won us the EL not Rafa! if he couldn't even win us 2 trophies that were on a plate for him, so its a bit ridiculous to put the EL win down to him.

btw reaching the CL Semi final is a much much bigger achievement then winning the EL! as Rafa would say FACT!

Rafa left the team with no balance and no identity! Jose had to fix that mess when he came in! FACT!

what logic is this?? your blaming him for things we didn't win but not crediting him for our wins?

This team we have now is more unbalanced than we were at this point last year. parking a bus isn't that hard

what logic is this?? your blaming him for things we didn't win but not crediting him for our wins?

This team we have now is more unbalanced than we were at this point last year. parking a bus isn't that hard

... more balanced? Umm.... no? We're better defensively and fixed holes. Rafa patched things, didn't fix them. Don't be ignorant.

I do not care more about Torres than about the Club, I spend a hell of a lot of money flying to games a couple of times a month from Scotland, club hotel etc, buy 3 shirts every year, sub to chelsea TV eat in and drink in the clubs restaurants before the game...

And yet you bitch and moan about this club constantly and show no connection with the optimism that the majority of fans have and the belief in Jose that most share.

I'm sure plenty of tourists going to games are like that.

not really! being terrified of Man City under Rafa wasn't very exciting all! if you cant see how Jose spent the first 6 months of the season cleaning up Rafa's mess then i really dont know what more to say.

Lol you don't understand the point i was making.

please explain how the team is more unbalanced now??? :fainthv9:

and please explain how its easy to park the bus, when 90% of teams do it against Barca and Bayern and fail! or is it just easy for us to play that way, or are you just copying Rodgers pathetic comments after we beat Liverpool? :fainthv9:

Let's just wait and see how many trophies the special one wins next season, then I'll judge him again!

I do not care more about Torres than about the Club, I spend a hell of a lot of money flying to games a couple of times a month from Scotland, club hotel etc, buy 3 shirts every year, sub to chelsea TV eat in and drink in the clubs restaurants before the game...

I think people are Blinded by Jose's "record" you are only as good as your last game....or season in a Managers case, and in this case? well he failed surely? I can't see Roman telling him " It's ok if you don't win a trophy in your first year back'

I'm sorry a players/managers History means nothing to me, It's what they do in the present!

would you Sign Messi in 20 years and play him, Just because " his record is brilliant?

no.

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-really-stup