Post-season review - Chelsea 2013/14

BlueLion.

Success or Failure?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel the season went? Rate out of 5...

• 1/5 - a terrible season, we fell well short of expectations.
    • 2/5 - not a great season. Some positives but overall a disappointment.
    • 3/5 - average. Not bad for a team in transition but would have liked some silverware nonetheless!
    • 4/5 - good. A positive blueprint for the future has been laid, and there were some famous wins as well (6-0 vs Arsenal, 2-0 vs PSG, etc.)
    • 5/5 - exceeding expectations! I didn't think we'd come close to achieving what we did! Bring on next season!

We've got pride in the shirt after that fat cunt was in charge last year.

We're challenging for the league with 4 games to go and we're in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

We've made a profit in transfers in January as well as bringing in a player in the middle of the park that we've been crying out for for the last few years.

2013/14 has been a huge success, whatever happens in the 3 crunch games next week.

The youth team has been doing great too.

3 FA cup finals in the row.

We're challenging for the league with 4 games to go and we're in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

We've made a profit in transfers in January as well as bringing in a player in the middle of the park that we've been crying out for for the last few years.

2013/14 has been a huge success, whatever happens in the 3 crunch games next week.

Well said.

How can some people declare this season a failure when it's not even over yet and this might possibly be our greatest season, winning the league and the CL ?

We've upped our level since last year, we have one of the best managers around, some of the most promising players, a solid defense, SB is a fortress again, we have amazing spirit, players who are willing to give 200% each game, WE'RE ACTUALLY FIGHTING FOR THE LEAGUE! last season we lost it pretty early on and barely made top 4, we're in the fucking semi-finals of the CL after failing to advance from the group stages last season..

To be in this position now, I can't understand how it can be seen as a failure.

agree. we'll come back out stronger for next season w/ proper no.9

even its already success, it'll be legendary season if we can bury liverpool's 20-years dream with winning EPL, and bury madrid's 10-years la decima in CL Final. it'll be epic

agree. we'll come back out stronger for next season w/ proper no.9

even its already success, it'll be legendary season if we can bury liverpool's 20-years dream with winning EPL, and bury madrid's 10-years la decima in CL Final. it'll be epic

It's not even Liverpool. Its the joy of seeing Gerrard with no PL medal.

Yes, this is personal!

FAILURE complete and I'm still crying ,, My name is Moyes but they call me the Ginger twat ... and I thought that was Scholes... Still i Will have 200 million to spend

if Im still here next year ,,, how much for Torres and Ramires????

If Liverpool win the league this season is a total failure,

It really isn't. We're in the title race with 3 games to go and a CL semi-final with an incomplete squad that we can all see the holes in. Liverpool have taken 25 years to finally mount a decent challenge despite being amongst the top spenders in that time, whereas we're going from making shit decisions (the Torres signing and allowing the squad to age) to getting on a new path in the space of one season under Jose.

This was always a transition season and Jose said quite honestly that we weren't ready to win. That's evident from the lack of character shown by the players in the last few weeks but it's EXACTLY those types of disappointments that build character. Fighters learn more from a defeat than they do from an easy knockout and that's hopefully what young men like Oscar, Hazard and Matic will take from this season.

Lamps, JT etc. had to lose before they knew how to win. Everyone at the club has to breathe in this feeling and start again fresh next season. It's very easy to post stupid instagram snaps when you win but I hope they all took responsibility for yesterday.

This is a success.

Chelsea have set one goal and that was to improve, not win trophies yet but just improve and fight for them!

Staying right up there until the very end in the title race is a huge, HUUGGGEEE progress and reaching the Semi-Finals is even bigger. So how exactly can I call this season a failure! We have reached our goal and therefore it's a success of a season.

Thank you!

This season is as I was seeing it in the pre-season.

We have difficulties against the team using the legacy of Mourinho in his first period here in England, happy to sit back and letting the balls to the other team.

And even being a bit dirty like the teams of Jose used to be when defending.

This is a success.

Chelsea have set one goal and that was to improve, not win trophies yet but just improve and fight for them!

Staying right up there until the very end in the title race is a huge, HUUGGGEEE progress and reaching the Semi-Finals is even bigger. So how exactly can I call this season a failure! We have reached our goal and therefore it's a success of a season.

Thank you!

first good post from you mate, keep it up.

Having the title in our hands in the last 4 games, being 1-0 up to the team at the bottom of the league in the first of those games and losing 2-1 is a massive, massive failure; no matter how you look at it.

It's been a success overall though for Mourinho and some key players like Cahill, Terry, Azpi and Hazard who have all improved. However, when the character of team has been tested in games like yesterday, the team as a collective unit never showed enough balls. So that aspect is a failure. I'm hoping a few new faces in (and out) in the summer will give us more confidence in these situations.