Paulinho

themightyblue

Do you actually believe our board is capable of such secrecy? :lol:

I think the board are smarter than people give them credit for. I should know, I have done it on numerous occasions and been proven wrong!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is Paulinho isnt the type of player Chelsea currently needs!

We should sign someone who can control the tempo and dictate our transition from defence to attack with quality passes and Paulinho isnt that type of player. Paulinho is a typical box-to-box with a good goal scoring sense, but that is not what we should be looking for. We should be looking for someone in the the characteristics of a Modric, Xavi, Pirlo, Gundoghan, Schweinsteiger, etc.

He is not the midfielder who is going to add in creativity, which is something we really need...

he would be a Lampard replacement! and i disagree that we need creativity! we have created the 2nd most chances in the league, plus we have the player who has created the most chances in the league also! that is clearly not our problem, we need players who can put the ball in the back of the net consistently! and Paulinho is certainly capable of scoring 10+ goals a season!

Chance Created in the PL 13/14

1. Man City - 533

2. Chelsea - 506

3. Liverpool - 488

4. Tottenham - 439

5. Newcastle - 420

6. Everton - 415

7. Arsenal - 403

8. Southampton - 397

Its a myth that we lack creativity! what we lack is clinical players, and prolific goalscorers! that is what has cost us this season! certainty not lack of creativity!

he would be a Lampard replacement! and i disagree that we need creativity! we have created the 2nd most chances in the league, plus we have the player who has created the most chances in the league also! that is clearly not our problem, we need players who can put the ball in the back of the net consistently! and Paulinho is certainly capable of scoring 10+ goals a season!

1. Man City - 533

2. Chelsea - 506

3. Liverpool - 488

4. Tottenham - 439

5. Newcastle - 420

6. Everton - 415

7. Arsenal - 403

8. Southampton - 397

Its a myth that we lack creativity! what we lack is clinical players, and prolific goalscorers! that is what has cost us this season! certainty not lack of creativity!

That's actually a fantastic point. Everyone seems to assume we'll be looking for a DLP in the pivot a la Modric or even Rakitic, but I don't know if Mourinho wants or needs that. Oscar tends to drop deep to pick-up the ball so he could play that role, and the pivot becomes an engine room/creative hybrid.

Look at Matic's ability to pick a pass whilst also doing the dirty work. I think what Paulinho could offer is a goal threat from midfield which is something we really don't have at the moment. He can also spread the play better which isn't me saying he's Alonso, capable of long-raking 30 yard passes which some people seem to think. What he does is make those 10-15 yard passes quicker and more consistently than Ramires currently does.

I think some people dislike this deal because he doesn't fit into their plans for the team, not Joses's.

Sorry guys, but labeling this poor player as "The new Lampard", "Lampard's successor" or whatever you might call him is an abomination and one of the biggest insults to a wonderful player and a Chelsea legend.

Really? how many insults that received by messi and cr7 then?

hint: buttload

The problem is Paulinho isnt the type of player Chelsea currently needs!

We should sign someone who can control the tempo and dictate our transition from defence to attack with quality passes and Paulinho isnt that type of player. Paulinho is a typical box-to-box with a good goal scoring sense, but that is not what we should be looking for. We should be looking for someone in the the characteristics of a Modric, Xavi, Pirlo, Gundoghan, Schweinsteiger, etc.

He is not the midfielder who is going to add in creativity, which is something we really need...

Who are these people are they available?

Who are these people are they available?

Except for Messi, and maybe Iniesta (and not because of their price tag, it's about their wish to be in Barcelona for life), every player out there is available for a certain amount of money. Especially if the buyer is Roman/Chelsea FC.

Vidal, Pogba, Kroos, Witsel could be world-class targets if you really want some world-class players for that spot. Juventus are no world beaters, they are the best in Italy, but that's it, they don't have the reputation and the financial resources to resist when Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona, City, Paris, Bayern will be knocking at the door. Same goes for Zenit to be honest - I don't know how many players will want to continue there because of what is happening in Russia (and I'm not talking only about yesterday's riot) . And regarding Kroos, the transfer is in his hands - if he wants to leave this summer, he will leave. Bayern will accept the bids as they are not that stupid to wait until next summer and lose him for free, just like Borussia did with Lewandowski.

Some other targets that would be available for the right price are Marchisio, Ramsey, Rakitic, Gundogan.

I even think Modric MAY BE available IF Madrid will fail to win Champions League. Those deluded fans and president at Madrid will be pissed off (again) after yet another season in wich they spend a fortune only to win jack shit at the end of it and probably we will see another buying/selling spree in the summer with them going for the brightest toys out there - Pogba, Suarez/Falcao/Aguero.

1. Man City - 533

2. Chelsea - 506

3. Liverpool - 488

4. Tottenham - 439

5. Newcastle - 420

6. Everton - 415

7. Arsenal - 403

8. Southampton - 397

Chances created definition (i.e. the most misleading stat ever):

Any pass that leads to a shot (no matter how speculative). That stat does certainly not mean we're creative enough. We've taken the most shots in the league on average - a lot of them are speculative long shots and not real quality chances.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think that our play in general has been great this season and that we've created bucket loads of quality chances and that the only reason we haven't scored more is because we're missing someone clinical up front.

Chances created definition (i.e. the most misleading stat ever):

Any pass that leads to a shot (no matter how speculative). That stat does certainly not mean we're creative enough. We've taken the most shots in the league on average - a lot of them are speculative long shots and not real quality chances.

You've got to be kidding yourself if you think that our play in general has been great this season and that we've created bucket loads of quality chances and that the only reason we haven't scored more is because we're missing someone clinical up front.

lets be honest. half our chances this year ,are probably ivan getting into good positions down the right. and we all know. how they end.

lets be honest. half our chances this year ,are probably ivan getting into good positions down the right. and we all know. how they end.

Give him a target and he's not too bad. The same criticism was levelled at Azpi but who did he actually have to aim for? Slot a target man into the team (look at Dzeko at City, his goal against Palace being a prime example) and someone coming from deep (Paulinho does seem to have a knack for finding space in the box) and you complete change our second and third-phase attacking play.

Except for Messi, and maybe Iniesta (and not because of their price tag, it's about their wish to be in Barcelona for life), every player out there is available for a certain amount of money. Especially if the buyer is Roman/Chelsea FC.

Vidal, Pogba, Kroos, Witsel could be world-class targets if you really want some world-class players for that spot. Juventus are no world beaters, they are the best in Italy, but that's it, they don't have the reputation and the financial resources to resist when Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona, City, Paris, Bayern will be knocking at the door. Same goes for Zenit to be honest - I don't know how many players will want to continue there because of what is happening in Russia (and I'm not talking only about yesterday's riot) . And regarding Kroos, the transfer is in his hands - if he wants to leave this summer, he will leave. Bayern will accept the bids as they are not that stupid to wait until next summer and lose him for free, just like Borussia did with Lewandowski.

Some other targets that would be available for the right price are Marchisio, Ramsey, Rakitic, Gundogan.

I even think Modric MAY BE available IF Madrid will fail to win Champions League. Those deluded fans and president at Madrid will be pissed off (again) after yet another season in wich they spend a fortune only to win jack shit at the end of it and probably we will see another buying/selling spree in the summer with them going for the brightest toys out there - Pogba, Suarez/Falcao/Aguero.

FFP would restrict us from making any sort of bid that would prize Vidal or Pogba from Juventus, while still adding a world class Striker. I'm not a believer Witsel is the playmaker we covet or a playmaker at all and Kroos, in my eyes is a luxury buy he isn't exactly a playmaker/engine room guy like Modric.

FFP would restrict us from making any sort of bid that would prize Vidal or Pogba from Juventus, while still adding a world class Striker. I'm not a believer Witsel is the playmaker we covet or a playmaker at all and Kroos, in my eyes is a luxury buy he isn't exactly a playmaker/engine room guy like Modric.

Not if we sell players like Luiz who is rumoured to go for around £30m. Add Ba, Torres, Mikel, January money, the extra 40m from the renewed TV deal, a few players not renewing their contract and a couple of other players coming back from loan and we should be able to afford another big money signing easily.

Not if we sell players like Luiz who is rumoured to go for around £30m. Add Ba, Torres, Mikel, January money, the extra 40m from the renewed TV deal, a few players not renewing their contract and a couple of other players coming back from loan and we should be able to afford another big money signing easily.

and we still got £21m from KdB and Mata money, so i believe we'll get the luxury to buy 2 WC players for CM and ST position.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You