Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

It just wasn't meant to be. I mean, how many times do we see a player scoring after assisting himself with the aid of the bar? When it has to go in, it will go in no matter what. They were better and luck was also on their side tonight. We should just focus on improving for next season and hope our best players come to the decisive games rested and fit. In addition, Courtois has been a beast for their entire campaign. Bring him back asap.

Deserved victory for Atletico Madrid. Congratulations to any Atletico fan reading this!

We never looked dangerous. Absolutely clueless infront of the goal and surprisingly in defence aswell, a day to forget for Cahill and Schwarzer. Hazard went missing in the game, expected much more from him, though he was marked down very tightly, but so are Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale, Messi - if you want to be the best, you've got to be above these situations.

Few points:

• Courtois is a MUST next season, absolute beast. After watching these two games against Atletico, he was nothing but world-class. Cold as ice this player.
  • Torres, Eto'o and Ba all have to go. Time to break this "almost strikers" barrier and get new blood in.
  • Sort out the midfield. I know we missed Lampard, Matic, Mikel but that's hardly an excuse in a big club.
  • Ivanovic is useless in attack, he is a mountain of a man but he just slows us down with his touches and mis-placed crosses.
  • Azpilicueta was my choice for Player of the Season, and keeps proving me right every game. What a buy, what a player.
  • End of the season can't come any sooner. Two games to go.

We'll be back stronger next season, no doubts. Good luck to Real Madrid, would love to see Carlo Ancelotti succeed yet again.

finally its over. reunion with didier, fantastically defeated PSG in late minutes. generally this UCL year was awesome for me.

courtois was fantastic. i like his energy tonight. young but already mature goalkeeper. we definitely should take him back next season.

Thx chelsea, now just enjoy our journey at EPL.

:wub::wub: