Liverpool v Chelsea

Jase

For me its clear some players wont be playing this one. Lampard, Mikel and JT out of action, we are running out of options in key positions, since Matic is not able to play in UCL:

-Luiz will be rested, he is our only DM available for the 2nd leg.

-Playing any of our defenders would be as insane as well. Azi, JT and Ivanovic are playing game after game, at the end of the season its not difficult to get injured, or they might get into the CL game too tired and with more chances of getting injured during that game. Since Ivanovic did not play yesterday, he is the only that might play. I'm sure both Cahill and Azi would be rested, specially Cahill. We dont have more options to replace him, the only one is Luiz, but that would leave with no one to hold the midfield. Cole will play against Liverpool to get more playing time. He needs it.

-Ramires would be rested as well.

Mourinho gave huge clues that he pretends to field a VERY weak team, otherwise there would be no reason to ask for Roman's permission or something like that.

More reasonable squad would be this one:

Hilario; Ake, Kalas, Ivanovic; Mikel, Matic, Van Ginkel, Ashley Cole; Oscar, Schurle, Salah; Torres.

Not only what is needed in terms of preserving our players for what is left to fight for (PL dream is dead in the water, and we probably will end up in 3rd position even we win at Anfield), but Jose would get more attention for one very important subject: PL just don't care about what the clubs are doing in international level. While in Spain and Germany they are helping their clubs in those situations, PL seems to ignore it. Fielding a very weak team in such important game (for City and Liverpool) would be a indication that PL needs to make some changes in order to stay relevant in the long term.

My observation: its probably whats on Mourinho's mind. Atletico will be playing Valencia away from home hours laters in the same day we face Liverpool. Another nonsensical complaining from The Special One.

More reasonable squad would be this one:

Hilario; Ake, Kalas, Ivanovic; Mikel, Matic, Van Ginkel, Ashley Cole; Oscar, Schurle, Salah; Torres.

Not only what is needed in terms of preserving our players for what is left to fight for (PL dream is dead in the water, and we probably will end up in 3rd position even we win at Anfield), but Jose would get more attention for one very important subject: PL just don't care about what the clubs are doing in international level. While in Spain and Germany they are helping their clubs in those situations, PL seems to ignore it. Fielding a very weak team in such important game (for City and Liverpool) would be a indication that PL needs to make some changes in order to stay relevant in the long term.

Schwarzer and why rest Mikel and Lampard? they're out of 2nd leg

For this game I'd play:

Hilario

Azpi, Kalas, Ivanovic, Cole

Mikel, Lampard, Matic

Salah, Ba, Schurrle

Then Wednesday:

Schwarzer

Azpi, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole

Luiz, Ramires

Oscar Hazard Willian

Torres

We haven't really got much depth in defense which is disappointing. Could do with Bertrand right now...

I'd really love to see Van Ginkel get some minutes against the scum but with Matic cup-tied and Mikel and Lamps suspended there's no real need to. I think I'd be pretty happy with those teams. If you wanted to rest Cole's ankles then you could always chuck in Ake at left-back, and I think Schwarzer would probably benefit from another 90 minutes just to sharpen him up.

For this game I'd play:

Hilario

Azpi, Kalas, Ivanovic, Cole

Mikel, Lampard, Matic

Salah, Ba, Schurrle

Then Wednesday:

Schwarzer

Azpi, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole

Luiz, Ramires

Oscar Hazard Willian

Torres

We haven't really got much depth in defense which is disappointing. Could do with Bertrand right now...

Bertrand? I'm glad he went to Aston Villa...he gets to play regular football and put himself in the shopping window for mid-table/lower PL clubs

If hazard is fit enough, he should get atleast 30 minutes to get ready for the 2nd leg.

How do you all feel about Mou fielding a weak team? I personally rather we concentrate on the CL but it would also be great to ruin it for them and maybe help city, or in the case of a massive turn of events, us to beat them to the title.

Bertrand? I'm glad he went to Aston Villa...he gets to play regular football and put himself in the shopping window for mid-table/lower PL clubs

Because we currently have no depth in defense. There's no room to rest players, which would be ideal if we're only concentrating on the CL now.

Just going off what Jose said after the game, out til the final.

Where did he say that? I heard his post-match interview and he said nothing of the sorts, just that Petr dislocated his shoulder and that the extent of JT's injury is still unknown.