Liverpool v Chelsea

Jase

Don't think any youngsters will be playing . He's going to a stadium that hates him. Title race or not, he wants one over them.

HIS protege has a chance of winning the league, Pellegrini however.. is a GENUINE rival and someone who has openly criticised Jose. Mourinho's history/bad blood with Liverpool revolves around Rafa Benitez not Liverpool per se.

HIS protege has a chance of winning the leauge, Pellegrini however.. is a GENUINE rival and someone who has openly criticised Jose. Mourinho's history/bad blood with Liverpool revolves around Rafa Benitez not Liverpool per se.

Yeah Jose did say that in the press conference. But do people still believe what he says in a PC? Even if we beat Liverpool, they still can win the League , right? (I'm not really sure, I can stand corrected) .

I would disagree with that. It started cause of Rafa but it's grown to become a lot deeper in that.

Yeah Jose did say that in the press conference. But do people still believe what he says in a PC? Even if we beat Liverpool, they still can win the League , right? (I'm not really sure, I can stand corrected) .

I would disagree with that. It started cause of Rafa but it's grown to become a lot deeper in that.

It's not deep at all, and he left England whilst Rafa was still at the helm. Everything revolved around him and Rafa during that era, the Liverpool fans were just a casualty of it. The only club Mourinho 'hates' (your word, not mine) is Barcelona.

It's not deep at all, and he left England whilst Rafa was still at the helm. Everything revolved around him and Rafa during that era, the Liverpool fans were just a casualty of it. The only club Mourinho 'hates' (your word, not mine) is Barcelona.

agree to disagree then.

Don't think any youngsters will be playing . He's going to a stadium that hates him. Title race or not, he wants one over them.

It seems as though he isn't as hated on merseyside as we may think, because he was actually their first choice to be their next manager a few years ago.
2/24/2012 04:34:00 pm
I conducted a poll on this site a few days ago asking if Liverpool fans would like to see Mourinho at Liverpool. Over 2000 fans voted, and despite the vitriol toward the Portuguese, and the constant accusations of boring football; short-termism, and huge financial outlay, the result of the Poll was a little surprising:

* Yes: 53%

* No: 47%

It seems that the majority of voting fans are willing to overlook the negative aspects of Mourinho if it means bringing league success to Liverpool.

For me, the result is not surprising at all; it encapsulates the defining feature of modern fandom: success at any cost; condone all negatives as long there's a benefit, and sell your soul for silverware.

Liverpool FC were guilty of this approach themselves with the purchase of Luis Suarez. Clearly, the club ignored his disciplinary issues and cared more about goals than the potential for future damage to the club's reputation...and look what happened (!)

A lot of fans moan about Mourinho but if he came to Liverpool and won the league, that moaning would stop pretty quickly, I'm sure. Not that I'm personally advocating that change; as someone who grew up watching Dalglish play, and then manage Liverpool in the 80s, I'm perfectly happy to have him in charge.

When all is said and done though, I sincerely doubt Mourinho would've handled the Suarez situation in the same ill-advised way as Kenny Dalglish and LFC. The so-called 'Special one' may have a prickly personality, but has he ever handled any football situation as badly as Liverpool handled Suarez-Evra?

Jaimie Kanwar

They have got the cheek to say they may fine us if we field a weakened side??

I'm sorry did they miss people doing that in certain games all bloody season.

Well we now have no first team goalie, no captain, who is one of our strongest defenders and now ramires can't play either, who the hell do they want us to pick?? Should Cech play with his dislocated shoulder and Terry in a protective boot so we play our supposed 'first team'

So frustrating the league is gone we CANNOT risk any more players getting injured we have a final to get to. :(

Mourinho will field as strong a side as he possibly can, but one which will not affect Wednesday's team. No way will he want to be beaten by Liverpool, no matter who is managing them. There is way too much bad blood between the teams. And also, Jose's pride will not allow him to roll over against these arrogant bastards. Plus if we manage to pick up a result, even a draw, it would give us confidence going into the match on wednesday.

As Kevin Keegan famously said "I would love it, really love it if we beat them" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be the next best thing to winning the league in my book. Lets make them work for the win. Oh, and did I tell you that I hate scouse :rant:

don`t matter what first 11 we put out i think we will struggle with this one,liverpool are on such a high they seem invincible at the moment.

I agree, but on our day we too can be just as invincible..................... Would love to frustrate Gerrard and his buddies :clown: