Liverpool v Chelsea

Jase

Oh boy, Kalas to debut against best scoring side in the PL.

If he makes any major mistakes, this could affact him mentally. On the other hand if he performs well, his career could get a boost.

Good thing Sturridge and Henderson are not starting.

Just don't concede till half-time, and we actually have a chance of winning. Not that nervous tbh, felt more pressure when we went to the Etihad.

I feel confident about Liverpool's going to bottle it.

lol, more bullshit from Mourinho

How? I reckon about 7 of those guys won't feature in the starting XI against Atletico (Lamps, Mikel, Matic, Schurrle, Salah, Ba and Kalas....maybe Cole as well). Schwarzer, Azpi and Ivanovic are the only nailed-on starters and they're probably necessities today.

Kalas will make mistakes. He's young, he's going up against the best attack in the league, it's going to happen so if everyone could kindly understand that before criticising him it'd be nice.

Personally I'm just as worried about Ivanovic who hasn't played there for a while.

But then the same was said when Mourinho started Varane against Messi, and it worked out. So wait and see.

For this game I'd play:

Hilario

Azpi, Kalas, Ivanovic, Cole

Mikel, Lampard, Matic

Salah, Ba, Schurrle

Then Wednesday:

Schwarzer

Azpi, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole

Luiz, Ramires

Oscar Hazard Willian

Torres

We haven't really got much depth in defense which is disappointing. Could do with Bertrand right now...

Thank you for listening Jose :Goober:

Actual quote on Sky Sports:

"The last time Liverpool came up against Chelsea at Anfield Suarez took a chunk out of Ivanovic. Suarez will come up against him today, do you think that will be on his mind"

"No, he is the ultimate professional."

:clown: How can someone who "took a chunk" out of another player be the ultimate professional???