Liverpool v Chelsea

Jase

1) We're talking about something that has happened over a quarter of a century ago. I understand what Ahly did. What the club and the players must have gone through must have been incredibly tough and I can see how that motivated them to win it for their fans. They have my utmost respect. Similarly, I was delighted when Zambia won the AFCON after they had lost their entire team in the air crash disaster and the new generation wanted to win it for them. But this is a completely different case. Half their players weren't even born when the disaster happened! This would be like united going endlessly on about how they should win because of the Munich disaster every time they are competing for a title, or journalists writing tens of articles of how we deserve to win the title this season for Mathew Harding.

2) It would be more acceptable if the players were talking about how Hillsborough motivates them, but they're not the ones doing the talking. It's their fans and the media who are going on and on and on and on and on about it. And it's not just about winning the league. They've developed and art of somehow relating Hillsborough to every single thing in the world. I was just reading a Liverpool fan tweet that maybe the FA would have helped us in Europe by changing the date of the Liverpool game if some of our fans hadn't broken the minutes silence for Hillsborough! It's gone beyond annoying, it is now an obsession and a mental disease.

3) They talk about respect but first and foremost, they are the ones disrespecting the people who lost their lives by throwing around the memory in every little petty thing.

4) The most annoying thing about it is that they act like the disaster was everyone else's fault and that everyone in the world somehow owes them something because of it. They're not saying that Hillsborough will inspire or motivate the players to win the league. That's fine (though I don't know why it would now when it hasn't "inspired" them for the past 25 years). They're actually saying that they deserve to win the league because of Hillsborough as if the world owes it them because of the disaster.

I'm not English and don't even live in the UK, but I can't take this obsession any more!

Thank christ someone verbalised this. I agree with it all but haven't been able to vocalise it in such a way before. Thankyou.

Imagine if Torres started tomorrow…..that big daft grinning face like we seen at Atletico all over again.

In my head I would LOVE it if Torres returned to Anfield and kept them from winning the title. I would forgive all his shortcomings and terrible performances if he could get the match winner that takes the title out of their clutches.

Not holding my breath....

In my head I would LOVE it if Torres returned to Anfield and kept them from winning the title. I would forgive all his shortcomings and terrible performances if he could get the match winner that takes the title out of their clutches.

Not holding my breath....

I agree, I would too, but I just can't be doing with the old pals act and shaky hands in the tunnel shit.

jose is really gonna do that? dont see why ANY youth players are needed.

schwarzer

azpi GC iva AC

matic mikel

salah lamps schurrle

ba

bench - oscar, willian, torres, DL, kalas, ake.

none of the front 6 will be played against ATM.

ps - keeping bertrand for THIS one match would have been a 100 times better than supposedly increasing his market value by loaning him.

jose is really gonna do that? dont see why ANY youth players are needed.

schwarzer

azpi GC iva AC

matic mikel

salah lamps schurrle

ba

bench - oscar, willian, torres, DL, kalas, ake.

none of the front 6 will be played against ATM.

ps - keeping bertrand for THIS one match would have been a 100 times better than supposedly increasing his market value by loaning him.

I'm wont be risking Azpi or Ivanovic for this match. Atleast one of them should sit this one out. Its pretty much over for us if both gets injured. This game is not worth the risk.