Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Mark Lawrenson: ''Liverpool will blow Chelsea away''

Show some respect you ballbag

They only understand respect when they're begging for it for people who died 25 years ago.

It's amazing how people like you simply don't understand football and believe things simply come down to luck. This was the way to beat Liverpool, like the tactics for Arsenal were the way to beat them and the tactics for City were the way to beat them.

Why don't you call Liverpool's attacking play clueless....because it was.

It's amazing how 'lucky' tactical geniuses like Mourinho are.

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

- Some old fart called Thomas Jefferson.

"Plastics trying to chant over YNWA, so we just sing louder smiley.gif"

"Re: Liverpool v Chelsea
« Reply #39 on: Today at 02:31:58 PM »
27 - free kick doesn't beat the first man. Liverpool resorting to plenty of crosses from out wide as Chelsea have a bus parked in the middle of the pitch."
"
xx.gif
Re: Liverpool v Chelsea
« Reply #48 on: Today at 02:40:16 PM »
30 mins in and so far you must admit, Chelsea have played this brilliantly other than that chance by sahko from the corner we haven't really looked like scoring its not pretty but chelseas double decker bus has done its job so far"
"Massive ten mins coming up for us. The breakthrough will come. This is Anfield."

Schwarzer MOTM - brilliant save on Joe Allens effort :)

We owned them - thanks Gerrard :) couldn't have happened better ;)

And well done Torres - shades of Barca match there!!!

Even Yoonited fans texting me in delight, they don't mind te title going to City - anybody except Loserpool ;)

What a glorious day !!!

I hope the wheels come off now of Liverpool, and we win our remaining fixtures :)

It's amazing how people like you simply don't understand football and believe things simply come down to luck. This was the way to beat Liverpool, like the tactics for Arsenal were the way to beat them and the tactics for City were the way to beat them.

Why don't you call Liverpool's attacking play clueless....because it was.

It's amazing how 'lucky' tactical geniuses like Mourinho are.

I said that Lpool attack was shit too. I dont think Mou was lucky today. He gave great tactical approach IMO. But first goal we scored was lucky. And that first goal was very imporant for rest of the game. If you score goal like our second, that wasnt lucky. But first one was.

As I said our win depended on few things; brilliant defending, liverpool making mistakes, their attack was shit, and luck in our first goal. All combined, the result is there.

But you obiously dont see what lucky actualy means. Our defending had nothing to do with luck. Our first goal had everything to do with luck. First goal had nothing with our tactical approach or Mou masterclass tactics. Dont throw all in one basket. If you score a counter goal the way Real did few seasons ago under Mou vs Ajax in CL; that is world class counter attack, that is world class tactical approach with killing opponent in one move. When you score a goal like we did today (Ba), that has nothing to do with some amazing attacking. Gerrard lost the ball when he slipped, Ba was near and he had clear way to Lpool goal. That was quite lucky. Obviously he had to put that ball behind the net, but in such big and important game, the reason Ba appeared infront of goal was because of BIG luck and big mistake by Gerrard.

Now leave it as it is, its pointless to argue anyway.