Atletico Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

To be honest I do not trust this Chelsea team, I trusted the team which had Drogba and crew, but this team?? No I dont trsut them because they lack balls. Surely the way we have blown up this season would be unheard of in the good old days of Drogba and crew

You might not be able to trust them to get the results, which is understandable after our current form. But you can't deny that they can get the job done. Demonstrated by how we're in the CL semi-final with a very realistic chance to make the final. Once you make the final, anything can happen. We'll be underdogs and that when we deliver, just like Munich 2012.

Even the days of 'Drogba and crew' couldn't be trusted towards the end of Carlo-DiMatteo period.. But deliver they did.

This is no knee-jerk reaction, but i truly don't think we'll beat them.

You can only go so far without a striker, and no strong CM (pivot).

Agreed its a miracle we've got so far in league and CL but I think this is the end of the road :(

Can see this being a very depressing evening if I'm honest.

Atletico remind me of us in 2004/05 in many ways. Watertight defence, ridiculous work ethic, beast of a striker, hugely talented young manager.

Will be surprised if we even score, especially if Hazard doesn't play.

My preferred XI - Cech; Azpilicueta; Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Mikel, Luiz; Schurrle, Eto'o, Hazard. In other words, keep it tight and somehow hope Ramires doesn't do something daft and that Hazard comes up with the goods.

2-0 to Atletico. Not bad enough for the tie to be 100% over, but pretty much so.

CAREFREE

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Luiz - Lampard

Schurrle - Willian - Hazard (if fit)

Eto'o

What is going on with Cole? I really want to understand. I expected him to play in the previous game for some mins and tonight's game too. But he wasn't even on the bench.Does Cahill,or Luiz know how to play at RB? Cole has hardly played. I want him to play in his natural position. But somehow I feel Jose might surprise us.

To be honest, I think Atlético are favorites. They have a better team, actually they really have a team, while we don't even know how our midfield really look like. They have a terrific defense, while we barely create chances, and when we do, we have to deal with Curtois, who has been a monster this season.

They are in a better moment of the season.

Don't think a 0-0 would be ideal here given it's against a team like Atletico and even though we are at home for the second leg. Must/Need to get a score draw at the very least IMO.

wont be ideal but would be decent. we are shit away. we got dominated by basel and gala, and this is ATM who gave barca a good spanking. the match coulld have and should have ended a minimum of 3-0. i just hope we go defensive and play solely on the counter rather than playing like we did in paris. just play on the counter and hope for the best.

wont be ideal but would be decent. we are shit away. we got dominated by basel and gala, and this is ATM who gave barca a good spanking. the match coulld have and should have ended a minimum of 3-0. i just hope we go defensive and play solely on the counter rather than playing like we did in paris. just play on the counter and hope for the best.

Get what you're saying but if we only setup to be on the defensive and play on the counter, we will lose. Need to show more positive intention than say we did against Galatasaray, PSG and even Basel.

Atletico must be licking their lips, they have a great chance to reach a CL final here

but then again, so did Barcelona in 2012

Come on, it still is 50/50, it always has been. Just because we played shite against Sunderland it doesn't suddenly increase their chances. They're not like that Barca 2012 team, one of the best teams ever in football history, and we aren't like that Chelsea 2012 team either (talent wise).

Well than you will agree that we need another world-class AM cuz Oscar and Willian are just not that.

I think there is a few positions we could be bulking up on in the summer. We need another fullback even if only for backup. We definitely need a striker or two... Or three. We were spoiled for choice for attacking midfielders until the January transfer window. With the departure of Mata and De Brunye, then the drop in form from Oscar, and Hazard being injured we seem to lack creativity. I personally don't think Willian has being playing poorly in the way you say.

He played a good game as the "number 10" against Stoke and then again, a great game against PSG.