Atletico Madrid 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Our match in one frase? "Better safe than sorry".

Were playing for draw or 1 goal difference, got a draw. I would have preferred 1-1, but 0-0 is not the worst that could happen. We now have to play to win at SB, no other result will do.

Atletico is oficially the dirtiest team in Europe. I still want them to win La Liga.

Schwarzer did amazing. My vote for MOTM.

Any news on Terry? As I understand, Cech is out for the coming matches?

I'm seriously surprised we have only 2 players injured. Atletico /censored/.

Brace yourself for "Killers of football" headlines next.

I'm worried about 2nd leg match. I wonder if we will have enough players. On the other hand, Silvino was a good keeper in his days, and Mourinho once scored a hat-trick - maybe we can put our coaches on the pitch to do the job?

Damn, I don't know if I have to be happy or sad about this result.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so nervous when Schwarzer came in, but he proved me wrong. Solid performance by the whole team. Let's crash them at the Bridge!

Schwarzer might be old but he is class and he is an OZ they fight to the death and then a lil longer ..btw he is younger than me

Might be hunted down for this, but honestly thought Mikel was the Man of the Match, stepped up defensively and helped contain in front of Terry and Cahill as well as always ready to get a block in when needed, no matter where around the box he seemed to be determined to defend/block. Like another player!

xpecting some clowns to come here and start bashing Jose and his tactics...anybody that call the match boring or parking the bus should locate the nearest lagoon and jump inside or hug the nearest wet transformer i dont care...all we need at this crucial part of the season is result not entertainment...hopefully with hazard eto and jt back...we should be able to smash them at the bridge...c'mon guys...we can do it! ktbffh!

Good result, we'll beat them at Bridge hopefully with Hazard and Eto'o... Bad thing is injury of Cech a JT, and cards for Lamps and Mikel... Btw. Nando worked really hard, happy for him...

PS: I love this forum so much, chelsea fans on our czech site are so stupid... They want us to lose, just to prove Mourinho was wrong with lineup, they still saying Chelsea is boring, they doesn't watch matches etc... What an assholes...

Good draw but still frustrated about the lack of attempt to win the game. They made more than double the passes we did and while we got a draw a scoreless draw would have been better. If they score first at the Bridge we need 2 goals which will be a tough ask against one of the toughest teams to break down in Europe. Game is in the balance for both teams but while we aimed for a positive result tonight it would be nice if we done a bit more to win the game. They have an excellent defensive record but there is no reason to suggest we could not score tonight. But defence was excellent tonight. I will give my MOTM to Cole who was excellent, regarding he has not played a game for ages. Fantastic game tonight!

Fuck the away goals bollocks, we just need to win a game of football at home. They can score 3 but if we score 4 it doesn't mean they score 6. Win a match, just win a match!

Today was a job very well done, exceptional.

FUCKING PROUD WITH LADS.

Confirmed: Cech will miss rest of the season.

Got a source/link ? Real shame if that's the case altough we probably got the leagues best back up gk.

Defensive display great, especially JT+Cahill..how Cahill saved that Costa header though :o

offensive display was disgusting, at best. 0-0 is a tricky result though. one goal from them and we need 2 and Atletico have a great defense. we need to score at first in the match at the Bridge. And Lampard+Mike+Cech+ maybe Terry missing will hurt us...

and 0-0 is not such a good result, especially against Atletico. At the Bridge we will have to attack and they can wait on the counter-attack..perfect set up for them.