Arturo Vidal

xPetrCechx

Bild quote Chile's "La Cuarta" and you just have to read that article to realize their infos are shite.

He'd supposedly sign a four year deal worth 13.5M pounds per season. Yeah right, soon to be 31 singning a mega money four year deal for a club with a strict policy on transfers & contract renewals for players over 30.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jason said:

that rumour turning into the hulk rumour ffs 

12 hours ago, the wes said:

that rumour turning into the hulk rumour ffs 

Infos provided in this Vidal rumour are simply not to be trusted IMHO - silly wages on a long term deal for a player over 30, something that the board is not ready to do I think.

Otherwise Vidal is quality and would bring something we miss at the moment and that is leadership. 31 in May but such as Fernandinho who in May turns 33 and playing the best football of his career, I think Vidal also still has at least two big seasons left at the highest level.

He's also best friends with Alexis Sanchez - if by any chance this transfer is meant to work two ways and by this I mean to reinforce our midfield and also atract Alexis Sanchez here, then I say let's fucking do this. 

Would even pay the 30M that Arsenal is going to ask for him next month, although he might have his mind set on City for next summer. But I'd still try. 

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Infos provided in this Vidal rumour are simply not to be trusted IMHO - silly wages on a long term deal for a player over 30, something that the board is not ready to do I think.

Otherwise Vidal is quality and would bring something we miss at the moment and that is leadership. 31 in May but such as Fernandinho who in May turns 33 and playing the best football of his career, I think Vidal also still has at least two big seasons left at the highest level.

He's also best friends with Alexis Sanchez - if by any chance this transfer is meant to work two ways and by this I mean to reinforce our midfield and also atract Alexis Sanchez here, then I say let's fucking do this. 

Would even pay the 30M that Arsenal is going to ask for him next month, although he might have his mind set on City for next summer. But I'd still try. 

I wouldnt go for Sancez. Said it last year and he is just proving it this year. Spineless player. 

Yeah Guardiola will turn him into world beater, but he would probably do it with Willian too. Here he will be alright at best. There are many options available who would fit us much much better and are younger. 

Wouldnt say no to Vidal though.

37 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I wouldnt go for Sancez. Said it last year and he is just proving it this year. Spineless player. 

Yeah Guardiola will turn him into world beater, but he would probably do it with Willian too. Here he will be alright at best. There are many options available who would fit us much much better and are younger. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

but he would probably do it with Willian too

Must be a bloomin magician then. The guys 30 yeas old hows he going to do that? Hes a GOOD player but never a game changer. Pedro can manage to do that at times. Find another gear.

But as this is a Vidal thread he would put that extra bite plus offer some goals. If he was just a couple years or so younger I'd say break the bank for him But a couple or 3 good years I say yes.

Whats the average lenth of time for a player to be in a top 6 club nowadats?

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Seriously? I know Alexis can be frustrating but you can’t coach his final third productivity into Willian. 

You're calling the guy that led his country to two Copa America’s in a row spineless? 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Seriously? I know Alexis can be frustrating but you can’t coach his final third productivity into Willian. 

You're calling the guy that led his country to two Copa America’s in a row spineless? 

Yes Im calling him exactly that. He can be world class player, but he is a cunt that doesnt play when he decides so. He gets paid shitload of cash and doesnt deliver what is expected from him because he wants out. It was his choice to play for arsenal, he is still paid, do your job. Simple. 

We can get sentimental, but dude earns 200k a week and even if he has personal desire to be elsewhere, its his damn job to play to his best on pitch. But he doesnt give a shit anymore. 

Yes he brought Chile there. We are club,  not his birth country. Many players work twice better for country. From own experience, watch Perisic for croatia or inter. We are club and I judge him his work at club. 

I dont want some spoiled brat who waves with hands and stops running when his team goes behind. I want someone who motivates his team to get back and fight. 

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Must be a bloomin magician then. The guys 30 yeas old hows he going to do that? Hes a GOOD player but never a game changer. Pedro can manage to do that at times. Find another gear.

But as this is a Vidal thread he would put that extra bite plus offer some goals. If he was just a couple years or so younger I'd say break the bank for him But a couple or 3 good years I say yes.

Whats the average lenth of time for a player to be in a top 6 club nowadats?

3 hours ago, Jason said:

:lol:

I should put smiley or something that would make my Willian statement sarcastic which was meant to be. Obviously he wouldnt make Willian world class, but I tried to make simple example that Pep would get much more from attacking player than Conte or Chelsea as whole, hence I brought our worst player in decision making as example. Sanchez might be allright here, but probably world class in city. Just because he would be there, I wouldnt regret not signign him, because he wont reach those highs here. He is 29? now and there are other players I rather pursue who can be here longer and actualy make sort of legacy and give a shit about the club and fight for it, rather than someone coming for paycheck and trophies and abandon ship the second we dont do well.

I hope it explains it now.

26 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I hope it explains it now.

Would you be saying this last season when we were in Shittys position this year? Everyone was praising Conte and we were taking the piss out of Pep.

The only differences between last year and this as far as I can see is Pep spent as much as he could to upgrade his weaknesses and Conte wasn't able to or we would be a bad transfer window.

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I should put smiley or something that would make my Willian statement sarcastic which was meant to be. Obviously he wouldnt make Willian world class, but I tried to make simple example that Pep would get much more from attacking player than Conte or Chelsea as whole, hence I brought our worst player in decision making as example. Sanchez might be allright here, but probably world class in city. Just because he would be there, I wouldnt regret not signign him, because he wont reach those highs here. He is 29? now and there are other players I rather pursue who can be here longer and actualy make sort of legacy and give a shit about the club and fight for it, rather than someone coming for paycheck and trophies and abandon ship the second we dont do well.

Fair point and not saying that Conte is a Guardiola-esque manager for one moment but was there any question about his inability to bring the best out of attacking players when we switched to 3-4-3 last season? Forget the goals, we saw Hazard play better than in previous seasons and even Willian and Pedro chipped in with their fair share of goals. Saw that this season too when Conte switched to 3-5-2 and suddenly Hazard became even more devastating just playing behind the striker. Conte is a pragmatic manager by nature and there's no doubt about that but I feel he's been unfairly pigeonholed as a defensive manager. We may not have been able to do it every game but we have seen attacking performances in games under Conte. It might not be overly 'WOW' like how some react to Guardiola's team but it's still good, attacking football. In fact, it's kinda silly to brand Conte a straight out defensive manager when we have not seen him work with a proper quality squad. He's had to work with mostly average teams and get the best out of whatever he's got. He can only do so much, attacking wise, with this squad when it's lacking in a number of key areas. Easy to say put 'Player X in Guardiola's City side and he'll be much more effective' and that might be true but do you think if Guardiola were to manage our current squad, we would be able to play scintillating football like City do right now? And while we are all praising Guardiola for getting more from attacking players, let's not dismiss he's had his share of mixed failures too at Barcelona - e.g Zlatan, Fabregas, Sanchez.

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Would you be saying this last season when we were in Shittys position this year? Everyone was praising Conte and we were taking the piss out of Pep.

The only differences between last year and this as far as I can see is Pep spent as much as he could to upgrade his weaknesses and Conte wasn't able to or we would be a bad transfer window.

Yup teams owned by states - PSG, Citeh,  have moved the goalposts in terms of achievement and spending power

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup teams owned by states - PSG, Citeh,  have moved the goalposts in terms of achievement and spending power

Pluse they got a major global franchise to go with it bringing in dosh from all over. We got 1 Billionaire who now holds our purse strings and with a 1 out before we get 1 in policy that I'm pretty sure we are owed a couple..

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Pluse they got a major global franchise to go with it bringing in dosh from all over. We got 1 Billionaire who now holds our purse strings and with a 1 out before we get 1 in policy that I'm pretty sure we are owed a couple..

True and I notice when Abramovichs fortune dips a bit, the transfer purse strings are held a bit tighter

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

True and I notice when Abramovichs fortune dips a bit, the transfer purse strings are held a bit tighter

Just wait till building starts. We will have the same transfer windows Wenger had with all their supporters were whining and we were taking the piss. Its going to be a hard time I reckon.

Don't think Roman is hurting for cash at all. Was reading just a few moths ago that he was granted permission by the city of New York to combine three big mansions he purchased into one massive mega mansion.

I honestly think he still feels burned by Torres. Doesn't want to make a catastrophic mistake again. Hopefully him seeing Morata working out great and also seeing how much our rivals are all now willing to spend will push him to do the same. Otherwise we won't compete for titles for the foreseeable future.

31 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Just wait till building starts. We will have the same transfer windows Wenger had with all their supporters were whining and we were taking the piss. Its going to be a hard time I reckon.

Exactly -SB as it is atm, the closeness to the pitch adds at least 10 points a season

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't think Roman is hurting for cash at all. Was reading just a few moths ago that he was granted permission by the city of New York to combine three big mansions he purchased into one massive mega mansion.

I honestly think he still feels burned by Torres.

I don't think it's difficult to buy planning permission when you're a billionaire - but a large bulk of the fortune ascends and descends with the Dow Jones, FTSE etc. 

Good point about Fernando the Wonderhorse -you'd think he'd learnt not to play Fantasy Football after his Shevchenko plaything. (for me Torres redeemed himself with that Barca goal)

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Fair point and not saying that Conte is a Guardiola-esque manager for one moment but was there any question about his inability to bring the best out of attacking players when we switched to 3-4-3 last season? Forget the goals, we saw Hazard play better than in previous seasons and even Willian and Pedro chipped in with their fair share of goals. Saw that this season too when Conte switched to 3-5-2 and suddenly Hazard became even more devastating just playing behind the striker. Conte is a pragmatic manager by nature and there's no doubt about that but I feel he's been unfairly pigeonholed as a defensive manager. We may not have been able to do it every game but we have seen attacking performances in games under Conte. It might not be overly 'WOW' like how some react to Guardiola's team but it's still good, attacking football. In fact, it's kinda silly to brand Conte a straight out defensive manager when we have not seen him work with a proper quality squad. He's had to work with mostly average teams and get the best out of whatever he's got. He can only do so much, attacking wise, with this squad when it's lacking in a number of key areas. Easy to say put 'Player X in Guardiola's City side and he'll be much more effective' and that might be true but do you think if Guardiola were to manage our current squad, we would be able to play scintillating football like City do right now? And while we are all praising Guardiola for getting more from attacking players, let's not dismiss he's had his share of mixed failures too at Barcelona - e.g Zlatan, Fabregas, Sanchez.

I think Conte is great manager in his pragmatic way. There is no way Pep could make Moses and Alonso this good IMO, better say he wouldnt even try. We saw how poor he was with Zabaleta, Sagna and Kolarov who I think would be quite better under Conte. 

City has plenty of talent, and its easier for them to play nice football, but I would still stick to my point regarding Sanchez. Yes last year we were in better position, but IMO performance wise, City shown some serious potential, example being in both games we played, they were better team, but we won in the end. 

I myself am happy we play for win in the end (and not care about how); IMO Pep will struggle there against top teams in CL because he cant adopt. 

But still Pep makes more of players in attacking sense IMO. He just gives them more freedom and plays that football that allows them to shine. 

Conte could easily throw one more attacking player in lineup (Pedro for example) but he doesnt do it. 

Last year we played 3:4:3 and IMO better football than this season. 3:5:2 shown some possibilites, but then we only have Eden instead of Eden and Pedro/Willian/...Fabregas is creative, but we still lack dynamic uptop. 

I think its realy simple to say Sancez would be better at City than here, I had same opinion before this season when we were officialy still the better team. City plays all out attack and 90% of attackers will thrive there better than in our pragmatic style. But that wont guarantee victory for them anyhow.

Therefore I think while Sanchez is good, I dont care if he ends up in city, we shouldnt target him just to get him. There are better players out there that will fit us better and be here for longer time.

What neither can deny though, with Pep or not, City has some long term players there and squad for next 5 years. We have players needing replacing who were brought not long ago like Alonso, half of our first 11 still needs upgrade. We have to start with long term solutions, Alexis is not one. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You