Arturo Vidal

xPetrCechx

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Kind of my point. Hard to see any of those names move before the summer if at all.

You're right, and that's why players like this for teams like us are expensive.  Not many alternatives at a certain quality level.

When you can name, off the top of your head, the players that would fit what you want, they are going to cost a lot.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently we are looking!

Chelsea want more: already preparing two galactic signings

Https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/44856/el-chelsea-quiere-mas--ya-prepara-dos-fichajes-galacticos&prev=search

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte believes Bundesliga duo can win Blues the title

CHELSEA have reportedly set their sights on signing Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg stars Arturo Vidal and Ricardo Rodriguez.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/751541/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Antonio-Conte-Arturo-Vidal-Ricardo-Rodriguez-Bundesliga-Bayern-News

He's a good player, though he shines best when he stands out.

When I first read about Vidal being linked with Chelsea, I felt he would be quite ideal but the more thought that goes into the potential move - the more I think the money could be better spent. It depends on if you want a player for more than a few seasons, he won't be at the highest standard forever and really the 40m could be used to sign a defender or a few players with potential. He would probably give 3-4 seasons where he was in his prime, and this for the price tag seems steep.

Certainly I think he's the right style of player who would be massive for the club, its just the price and his.

You've been linked with a few Real Madrid players, the likes of James Rodriguez (which is supposed to be off now) and of course West Ham's Dimitri Payet. These would be quite costly, though Payet may be the cheaper option (though I think he's no way near Vidal in terms of class).

If you see a team with Vidal in their side, you expect them to be the league winners. If you see a team with Verratti in their side, you expect them to challenge for the title. We aren't investors, so I don't care about the fact these are different aged players, what we are is a football club which is expected to be at the very top, and this would go a long way to ensuring that remains the case for 2-3 years, which may be all we need to enter our next phase of dominance. Juventus do well without making sure everyone they buy is under 24, and so will we.

Take both these players, and hypothetically, add them to Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern/City individually. I say without a shadow of doubt that all those teams would be more imposing with Vidal. I can't actually imagine Verratti making any waves for Bayern/City/Madrid. Like I say, all he is is a tidy passer, so he's a fine watered down version of Xavi for the 3 teams in Europe that play the style of football which makes him useful.

1 of those teams being PSG. Who are woefully underperfoming. If he's such a team-changer, why on earth does PSG's midfield look like it's made of tree stumps? If Verratti is the difference between a team (us) winning or not winning a title, why is the current team he's in, barely even going to get into Europe next season? Cavani is on form. Thiago is on form. Both the attack and defence are being lead properly. It's the midfield PSG are losing, but you're not going to see why if a tidy pass is enough to amaze you for 5 minutes.

Put Vidal in PSG's current side and they'd be at least 2nd :dunno:

9 hours ago, Leif said:

If you see a team with Vidal in their side, you expect them to be the league winners. If you see a team with Verratti in their side, you expect them to challenge for the title. We aren't investors, so I don't care about the fact these are different aged players, what we are is a football club which is expected to be at the very top, and this would go a long way to ensuring that remains the case for 2-3 years, which may be all we need to enter our next phase of dominance. Juventus do well without making sure everyone they buy is under 24, and so will we.

Take both these players, and hypothetically, add them to Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern/City individually. I say without a shadow of doubt that all those teams would be more imposing with Vidal. I can't actually imagine Verratti making any waves for Bayern/City/Madrid. Like I say, all he is is a tidy passer, so he's a fine watered down version of Xavi for the 3 teams in Europe that play the style of football which makes him useful.

1 of those teams being PSG. Who are woefully underperfoming. If he's such a team-changer, why on earth does PSG's midfield look like it's made of tree stumps? If Verratti is the difference between a team (us) winning or not winning a title, why is the current team he's in, barely even going to get into Europe next season? Cavani is on form. Thiago is on form. Both the attack and defence are being lead properly. It's the midfield PSG are losing, but you're not going to see why if a tidy pass is enough to amaze you for 5 minutes.

Put Vidal in PSG's current side and they'd be at least 2nd :dunno:

Vidal is going to his past prime relatively quickly.

Besides why compare us to Real and Bayern? They already have Modric, Kroos and Xabi, Thiago. They dont need another playmaker. We on the other hand do.

Even when Vidal was at top, juve had playmaker in Pirlo.

If we want to rule, we need playmaker. Kante-Vidal/Bakayoko is strong, but you need someone to pull the strings and dictate. 

Psg is shit as whole this year. Unfair to say Verratti is poor. Same was us last year, but you would still take Eden in heartbeat because of his quality.

If we pull Verratti deal, we will have top 5 midfielder for next 10 years if he stays here.

7 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Vidal is going to his past prime relatively quickly.

Besides why compare us to Real and Bayern? They already have Modric, Kroos and Xabi, Thiago. They dont need another playmaker. We on the other hand do.

Even when Vidal was at top, juve had playmaker in Pirlo.

If we want to rule, we need playmaker. Kante-Vidal/Bakayoko is strong, but you need someone to pull the strings and dictate. 

Psg is shit as whole this year. Unfair to say Verratti is poor. Same was us last year, but you would still take Eden in heartbeat because of his quality.

If we pull Verratti deal, we will have top 5 midfielder for next 10 years if he stays here.

I compare to Madrid because despite all of their playmakers, they'd be considered an even greater side, more capable of winning the CL again, by slotting Vidal into their side. As would City, as would Bayern as opposed to having Marco. Playmakers don't win games; strikers and defenders do. Your midfield can look however you want it to look.

If we want to rule, we do indeed need players capable of launching attacks, but the idea that a 'playmaker' has to be a central midfielder who plays alongside the main destroyer just pinging the ball around beautifully is bogus. Far too many incredible players are & have been the playmakers for their teams from the wing, or as a 2nd-striker, and that's what we'd benefit from far more. Who was our playmaker during our best 4-3-3 years when we had Lampard-Essien-Makelele/etc? I understand, times were different, but our wingers did then what wingers still do now - they provided the opportunities, while the midfield tried to make sure nothing got past them. There's no coincidence that system brought us more success than any other. 

If we sign Verratti, sure, we'll have a great midfielder.

But do you think Messi would still be hailed as the best in our team? He wouldn't. He'd go downhill, and his weaknesses would be most exposed in the Premier League, just like Verratti.

Just like if you take the best action actor in the world, and put him behind the camera of some group & directors who really only have lengthy experience in making chick-flick comedies, you get half-an-actor. We are not the team for Verratti; he would fail here, and again that is why Conte will not go for him. He's not prey to PR. He already knows the player and we'd know if he was interested, which he isn't.

As for the man Verratti on the inside; fuck a player who grew up supporting Juventus, wanted to play for them more than any other team, become Pirlo's heir even, yet didn't want to wait the 1 season it'd take for Juve to move some players around to get their funds in order, and jumped to PSG instead (Juve were more interested in him than any other player; he just needed to be rational in his patience.) What a damn weirdo.

Even the great Xavi wouldn't work in this system in this league. He'd have his moments over a season but not consistently be one of the top 5 midfielders. So why on earth would the watered down technically, watered down physically, version be better? Because he's more capable at 2-footed tackles? Because the majority say so? The majority who championed Alonso & Bats as greatness?

6 hours ago, Leif said:

I compare to Madrid because despite all of their playmakers, they'd be considered an even greater side, more capable of winning the CL again, by slotting Vidal into their side. As would City, as would Bayern as opposed to having Marco. Playmakers don't win games; strikers and defenders do. Your midfield can look however you want it to look.

If we want to rule, we do indeed need players capable of launching attacks, but the idea that a 'playmaker' has to be a central midfielder who plays alongside the main destroyer just pinging the ball around beautifully is bogus. Far too many incredible players are & have been the playmakers for their teams from the wing, or as a 2nd-striker, and that's what we'd benefit from far more. Who was our playmaker during our best 4-3-3 years when we had Lampard-Essien-Makelele/etc? I understand, times were different, but our wingers did then what wingers still do now - they provided the opportunities, while the midfield tried to make sure nothing got past them. There's no coincidence that system brought us more success than any other. 

But do you think Messi would still be hailed as the best in our team? He wouldn't. He'd go downhill, and his weaknesses would be most exposed in the Premier League, just like Verratti.

Just like if you take the best action actor in the world, and put him behind the camera of some group & directors who really only have lengthy experience in making chick-flick comedies, you get half-an-actor. We are not the team for Verratti; he would fail here, and again that is why Conte will not go for him. He's not prey to PR. He already knows the player and we'd know if he was interested, which he isn't.

As for the man Verratti on the inside; fuck a player who grew up supporting Juventus, wanted to play for them more than any other team, become Pirlo's heir even, yet didn't want to wait the 1 season it'd take for Juve to move some players around to get their funds in order, and jumped to PSG instead (Juve were more interested in him than any other player; he just needed to be rational in his patience.) What a damn weirdo.

Even the great Xavi wouldn't work in this system in this league. He'd have his moments over a season but not consistently be one of the top 5 midfielders. So why on earth would the watered down technically, watered down physically, version be better? Because he's more capable at 2-footed tackles? Because the majority say so? The majority who championed Alonso & Bats as greatness?

How can you say that? Midfield is as crucial as is attack or defense. We got overrun in middle by spurs and we lost 2:0. And we defintely have better attack then them and at least equaly good defence based on form. Yet we lost. Because their midfield was too quick, strong and at same time technicaly brilliant to give us no chance. Against such midfield all you can do (if you want to control game) is to hide the ball. And players like Verratti are best. 

Madrid won two CLs with Modric-Kross. But obviously they would be stronger with Vidal since they already have playmakers. They dont need another one. We however only have destructors in Matic and Kante. Vidal would improve us, but Verratti-Kante-Matic sounds alot better than Matic-Kante-Vidal.

Besides you aint gonna get full of energy Vidal these days. His time of being allround runner are over. He is now much more composed and tidy player. Runs alot less. If we were to buy Vidal, we should have done it 3 years ago. He aint Yaya or Dembele to use sheer strenght either.

9 hours ago, Leif said:

You are seriously not making a case for being a smart person.
Being a football player is a job, and the footballing world is fickle. One year can change everything, Verratti could have broken his leg, Juventus could have changed their minds etc. It would be absolute idiotic to refuse such an opportunity as going to PSG. 

Other than that I concur with most other posters, Verratti has a lot going for him. I would love him here, but I have my concerns whether he is what Conte is targeting. 

I really dont mind  which we bought. Vidal or Veratti.

Look. A Vidal for 3/4 years right now when hes needed would be great. And we would make a big sale on for him to China.

Yeah Veratti would make a good buy for longer prospects but theres no assurity he would hang around any longer than Vidal would be his fittest for.

I would like to think in this Conte era we would try to get a good spine of top class players that could stay together and grow for a long time and keep bringing in the best we can find to fill other positions hopefully upgrading current lads if the chances come. And throw only our best academy lad in but making sure he fits the squad and not just to hype them up.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

From Chile: Chelsea board agree to move for Arturo Vidal, Conte telephoned player

http://sportwitness.co.uk/chile-chelsea-board-agree-move-arturo-vidal-conte-telephoned-player/

976_1.gif

Brilliant player but He's 30 in may and Bayern will probably be looking £40m for him that's to much for 30 year old 

Just now, the wes said:

Brilliant player but He's 30 in may and Bayern will probably be looking £40m for him that's to much for 30 year old 

I do hear you mate and I would prefer someone younger who can grow with the team for awhile,

But look at him. Hes fit and hard as franite. Even if we run his bollx off for 3 years we can double our money selling him to China.

Hes a player for now not later which is good. He would be good in Europe next year!

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He would be good in Europe next year!

We do need to build a Champions League challenge team for next season I would love to win the CL again if we were to bring in Vidal and Sanchez that would be huge boost to challenge the CL 

18 minutes ago, the wes said:

We do need to build a Champions League challenge team for next season I would love to win the CL again if we were to bring in Vidal and Sanchez that would be huge boost to challenge the CL 

Dont say things like that to me mate. Sends me all a tizzy XTC_zpsxwdooejl.gif

Perfect scenario next summer would be

- Chelsea to win the title

- Arsenal to miss the top 4

- Chelsea to sign Arturo Vidal.

- Alexis Sanchez to get frustrated at being at a tin pot club and join his Chileno brother Vidal at Chelsea.

We'd get to win the title this way, make fun of Arsenal for missing on top 4 and bring two super footballers at the club.

One can dream haha.

2 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Perfect scenario next summer would be

- Chelsea to win the title

- Arsenal to miss the top 4

- Chelsea to sign Arturo Vidal.

- Alexis Sanchez to get frustrated at being at a tin pot club and join his Chileno brother Vidal at Chelsea.

We'd get to win the title this way, make fun of Arsenal for missing on top 4 and bring two super footballers at the club.

One can dream haha.

Conte dreamed of having Vidal+Sanchez at Juventus

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You