Arturo Vidal

xPetrCechx

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Why are you worried about this ? It could be his excesses off the pitch, he could fail to acclimatize and it's Vidal that wants to follow Conte, that's why we're even talking about it. Admittedly I think Vidal could play pivotal role under Ancelotti, he doesn't suit to Guardiola philosophy. But while he struggles under him wouldn't it be wonderful that he would be moved on now ?

If you're talking about him wearing off I'm genuine not concerned by this in the times when you can move Ramires on for 28m€ to China. Is he able to give 2 great seasons under his beloved manager ? I think yes.

Thanks BCS.

First, let me restate that I'm a huge Vidal fan. He has been at the top of my transfer wish list in the past. As a fan, if this move came off I'd be delighted but, were I one of the decision makers, I'd have the responsibility to look into the details before signing off on the deal. One of those details would have to be why do Bayern want to sell. There are many possible answers to that question. Some of those would not worry me but there are some that might and it would be irresponsible not to find out.

I have only watched Bayern twice this season but both times with ulterior motives. Once to check Andreas and once to check Pogba. When I am trying to form an opinion on a specific player in a game I usually find myself concentrating on that player and everyone else slips under the radar*. I'm not therefore talking about concerns re Vidal's form. I'm just talking about basic, caveat emptor, principles. If we are genuinely interested in Vidal then the question must be asked and a satisfactory answer decided upon before we proceed.

*The only exceptions I remember were when viewing Ajax vs. AZ to check Mousa Dembele after he was linked to us, and then recently watching Rennes several times to see how Jed was getting on. M. Dembele was not great in that game but no one could help but notice Suarez, and absolutely no one could watch Rennes and fail to notice Ousmane Dembele.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Styles said:

He'll be 29 at the end of the season. He had a really bad knee injury in the last 2 years.

This would be yet another big name, past-his-peak Chelsea signing.

We can and should do better. But then again we have rubbish in the team we probably can't.

I hope you don't get offended by what I am going to say, but this post, is one of the most stupid I have read on here. 

Vidal IS THE best box-to-box mid in the game right now. People who have watched him under Conte and in Juventus know what I mean. I don't watch Bayern regularly, it just seems he hasn't settled well. 

There is nobody in this role of football, that we could do better with. Not even Pogba. And I am dead serious about this. One of the most unreal players in my lifespan, to be fair. Unreal workrate and immence technique, combined with fantastic defensive qualities and you have one of the best CM's in world football, a gem for any team. I have said it in the Naingollan thread, couple of pages before:

IF, we sign one of these two or the two together, you will finally see the flaws we had with players like Oscar, Matic, Mikel, Lampard(when aging and not being able to boss a midfield, like when at his peak). We WILL have the midfield which will finally be able to pass the ball correctly, whether or not they are under pressure AND actually dominate the midfield. Something we have lacked ever since we lost the Ballack-Lampard - Essien/Mikel trio.

On 3/25/2016 at 10:18 AM, BlueLion said:

We cant even offer him Europa League football. Why do you think we're going to be signing anything other than B-grade players for the next 12 months?

Then it is down to Conte and the board to persuade players that it'll be one season out of Europe we hope, and to join us and help us get back there

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thanks BCS.

First, let me restate that I'm a huge Vidal fan. He has been at the top of my transfer wish list in the past. As a fan, if this move came off I'd be delighted but, were I one of the decision makers, I'd have the responsibility to look into the details before signing off on the deal. One of those details would have to be why do Bayern want to sell. There are many possible answers to that question. Some of those would not worry me but there are some that might and it would be irresponsible not to find out.

I have only watched Bayern twice this season but both times with ulterior motives. Once to check Andreas and once to check Pogba. When I am trying to form an opinion on a specific player in a game I usually find myself concentrating on that player and everyone else slips under the radar*. I'm not therefore talking about concerns re Vidal's form. I'm just talking about basic, caveat emptor, principles. If we are genuinely interested in Vidal then the question must be asked and a satisfactory answer decided upon before we proceed.

*The only exceptions I remember were when viewing Ajax vs. AZ to check Mousa Dembele after he was linked to us, and then recently watching Rennes several times to see how Jed was getting on. M. Dembele was not great in that game but no one could help but notice Suarez, and absolutely no one could watch Rennes and fail to notice Ousmane Dembele.

Why should Bayern want to sell him ? Because he wants to go ! That's the first, most important, driver.

Other variables, like his attitude and professionalism, are something that Chelsea manager decides, if he can deal with it and somehow manage it.

The opinion is that he hasn't settled that well, because Bayern plays very specific system at the moment. Which is another variable Chelsea manager makes decision upon.

And the last one could be that he is over the hill and already past his peak and they simply want to get rid of him. And yet another thing that manager decides and his team if that's correct.

All in all, if I'm honest, the decision lies in the empowered hand of the manager over this particular player. Antonio Conte knows him and he has to decide if a) Vidal is not past his peak and he surely knows how peak Vidal looks like b ) if he can manage his off the pitch behaviour c) has a set-up that suits Vidal and d) can convince him to join Chelsea .

The fact that we even discuss buying a player from such club like Bayern to mid-table Premier League team is solely a serious thing because Antonio Conte and his relationship with Vidal. So over to him in everything but transfer fee and wages.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:47 PM, Essien19 said:

From what i've seen of Papy so far he seems like a decent player, especially his attacking contribution.

Should have trusted him instead of Cahill.

Vidal is a great player, i didn't want him because i thought that maybe his knee was damaged, but it seems still ok. He's getting better and better, no way that Bayern will sell him, at least not for the last price, it will be a lot more expensive...

Cavani, Nainggolan and others are very good players, but do we really need to spend that big?

Everyone knows those guys, but a good scout has to know more, players like Coman are up for the job too.

The problem here is we don't award chances!

Miazga is waiting, Musonda was waiting, similar to Aké, but we're ending up playing the likes of Cahill, Ivanovic, Oscar, Hazard and others.

That's unbelievablely frustrating...

Nowadys we have nothing to play for, no Aina i think Tottengam is after him and they almost always get it right these days and no Baba, what the actual fuck...

I question the capabilities of Papy, Hector and Miazga in being even decent squad members let alone first team material.

Granted, Hiddink should play the likes of Loftus-Cheek and Traore more often but that's only due to the fact that the current first team is playing dross.  Having a quality squad means competition which we don't have.

There's no way a club like Chelsea is able to get to the top without spending on top quality players and that means spending BIG money.

That's how our success was built for the past 11 years and the one season where we spent less than Bournemouth is when we become closer to them in league position. 

A repeat of last summer's transfer shenanigans will certainly condemn the club to a downward spiral which will probably turn out to be worse than Liverpool's predicament.  Conte will not sign a contract without promises of a big transfer kitty to reshape the squad and neither should any half-decent manager.  Which is why I think the Board should temper their expectations to be in line with their transfer budget and get a Championship-level or a Scottish Premiership manager who wouldn't mind spending peanuts and would be content to avoid relegation.

The fans will eventually have to adjust their expectations too as I see a repeat of last summer's transfer fiasco to likely occur, more so given the fact that there is no CL football next season.   

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:17 PM, Pizy said:

I'd like to think that Roman is just as disgusted by this season as the supporters are and is also just as worried about us becoming another Liverpool and fading away into obscurity. For that reason I'm somewhat confident he'll back Conte substantially and has learned his lesson that when a manager asks for certain players you don't give him dollar store imitations instead.

I think we can easily sell to players on the "project." We're still in a prestigious city, the best league, have a great foundation of players, pay high wages, and will have a world class manager. We won't get the elite of the elite like Pogba, but to be honest that's not what we need. 

If we can manage to get Nainggolan, Vidal (those are both huge asks, of course) Bonucci, and keep hold of Hazard we'll have had a spectacular summer. Maybe our best ever. If we also manage to bin off some of the deadwood as well...my goodness.

Seriously, who in the PL could stop or even really compete with a midfield 3 of Fabregas, Vidal, and Nainggolan? It has everything. Pace, power, creativity, and huge flexibility. Unless Pep somehow convinces Busquets to leave Barca and join him we'd have by far the best midfield in England.

I am not entirely convinced that Roman's disgust with results on the pitch is enough to sway him to sign blank cheques.

The likes of Vidal, Naingollan, Bonucci and Kante will cost around 150 million pounds combined and judging by recent transfer spending, the Board won't sanction more than 10 million pounds (net spend) which means a total of 140 million pounds worth of players have to cleared from the current squad.  We'll be fighting with Burnley, Middlesborough, newly promoted clubs for the lowest spend this summer so that's one "title" we can aim for. 

What astounds me is that some Chelsea fans actually believe Conte can come in and wave a magic wand to galvanize the current squad to be title and European challengers without buying a few top quality players and selling off some dross on high wages.  Minor tweaks - that's what they call it.  Mind boggling and utterly delusional!

274126hp2.jpg

Coming soon in blue :cig:

Would be a dream coming true. He has everything technique,strength, stamina and most importantly desire, unlike most of our players.

He is substituted at 25th minute, looked frustrated.

What the hell is wrong with you people, Bayern aren't stupid enough to sell him, and supposedly Bayern is his dream club. 

He is never going to join Chelsea.

Tactical decision and he already had a booking, Pep is smart, he prevented a possible red card, Vidal will get over it.

Next week is CL, good opportunity to play again. Nothing to see here, imo.

Didn't want to quote you @Kiwie, how did it happen?

Still tired, mhh

Hard to think we're not challenging for the title straight away with a midfield of Vidal - Nainggolan, new centre halves and probably a new top forward to partner Diego Costa. But until that let's hope this rumours don't turn to bullshit come August.

Diego Costa - Cavani/Higuain

Hazard - Nainggolan Vidal - Willian

Baba? - new CB new CB - Azpilicueta

Courtois

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You