Arturo Vidal

xPetrCechx

It would be nice if we got him, probably not going to happen :(. What I wouldn't give for a better version of Ramires.

Right again.

I love Rami. Before Eden's emergence he was my favourite Chelsea player but, notwithstanding that, I've been saying for four years that we need an upgrade. Although no one can replicate the little man's stamina, Vidal matches his attitude and his work rate while offering an all round game that is way in advance of Rami's. It's easy to see why so many, myself included, would like us to get Vidal but I share your frustration with the way some have represented their thoughts in this thread.

To guess, without a scrap of evidence, that the club has no interest in Vidal, and then to condemn it based on that guess, is a strange way to see things. To then claim that if we do not try to get Vidal it means that Jose thinks we are already good enough, is stranger still. I'd like Vidal, you'd like Vidal, lots of people would like Vidal but if Jose prefers someone else, would that mean he does not see the need to better ourselves? That doesn't follow at all and, in any case, Jose has made it clear that he believes we do need to improve and he even explained why. There is therefore absolutely no need to be guessing what he thinks on the subject.

What I've said here isn't remarkable. It is in fact nothing less than a statement of the obvious yet it seems some people are apt to forget the obvious, for a moment at least, when they post.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know why supporters get pissed off with each other on forums just because they dont agree on a player. Whether he is one of ours or someone we have no idea about if hes a potential transfer or not..

Our problem is we are all just guessing. We are all just Chelsea mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed bullshit.

I dont dislike any of our lads. I might prefer us to sell or play one over another but each one of us have the same ambition for us we just all want to use different players to achieve it.

Having a MF of Cesc,Matic,Vidal would be crazy. The times like last season where we had holes there would be totally different.

We dont have a ruby whether we had the slightest interest in him because thats how our transfer team operate.

But I do think Witsel would do a very good similar job IF we are interested as reports SAY.

Its just with our lack of any 1st team marquee signings its sending us all bonkers. drool_zpsltbqcluo.gif

Shows how much of football the journos know :D

" The German champions have been looking for a long-term replacement for Franck Ribéry, who has been struggling with injuries over the past 18 months, and concluded a deal for Vidal on Monday after a week of negotiations."

Shows how much of football the journos know :D

" The German champions have been looking for a long-term replacement for Franck Ribéry, who has been struggling with injuries over the past 18 months, and concluded a deal for Vidal on Monday after a week of negotiations."

Surely that must be bad phrasing and they mean Douglas Costa as Ribery's replacement.

I know everyone is frustrated with our lack of activity in the market while our rivals are making big signings, but as good as Vidal is, there is a very simple reason why we did not go after Vidal:

Matic-Fabregas is a more balanced and suitable midfield for our team setup than either of Vidal-Fabregas which lacks positional discipline or Matic-Vidal which lacks creativity and passing range. At the same time, none of the three can be relegated to the bench.

I know everyone is frustrated with our lack of activity in the market while our rivals are making big signings, but as good as Vidal is, there is a very simple reason why we did not go after Vidal:

Matic-Fabregas is a more balanced and suitable midfield for our team setup than either of Vidal-Fabregas which lacks positional discipline or Matic-Vidal which lacks creativity and passing range. At the same time, none of the three can be relegated to the bench.

Logic? Get off of tc if you're gonna use that.

a midfield trio of vidal-matic-cesc would have dominated world football.

even a midfield of vidal-matic with cesc as no.10 would have been exponentially better than anything we can put forth currently and in no way less creative than our current midfield.

even a midfield of vidal-matic with cesc as no.10 would have been exponentially better than anything we can put forth currently and in no way less creative than our current midfield.

Cesc cannot play no 10 for us, we require that spark that he can only give from deep where he is pressured less. He has underperformed nearly every time we've played him advanced.

But a trio of them would be perfect. Perfect! He reminds me a little bit of Essien.

Cesc cannot play no 10 for us, we require that spark that he can only give from deep where he is pressured less. He has underperformed nearly every time we've played him advanced.

But a trio of them would be perfect. Perfect! He reminds me a little bit of Essien.

cesc played number 10 mainly in away games when we wanted to provide even more solidity to our mid or during the second half of the season when he was out of form/costa was injured/ as a team we were unconvincing.

but i agree, a 4-3-3 of cesc-matic-vidal would be as perfect as a midfield trio can be.

cesc played number 10 mainly in away games when we wanted to provide even more solidity to our mid or during the second half of the season when he was out of form/costa was injured/ as a team we were unconvincing.

but i agree, a 4-3-3 of cesc-matic-vidal would be as perfect as a midfield trio can be.

Cescy as a number 10 just doesn't work. He is adeep playmaker and he himself is happy there being the brains and eyes behind the moves. Thats what made such a big difference to us the start of last year.

The thing is we really dont have anyone to use as a number 10 and this is a problem. Ozil would be great for us.

That would take a change in system, specifically in our pressing, and possibly even change of personal. That is something we have absolutely no need to goo into right after we just won the league and cup double.

Also, if there is one thing we've learned, or at least should have, from this past season is that Fabregas at number 10 sucks...HARD! Instead of making us more attacking he actually makes us more defensive because he simply doesn't have the pace to help the striker press the back four and hence the whole block is forced deeper as a result. Even offensively, he is a lot more consistent in his delivery from a deeper role than around the box unless the opposition have 10 men in the box.

That would take a change in system, specifically in our pressing, and possibly even change of personal. That is something we have absolutely no need to goo into right after we just won the league and cup double.

Also, if there is one thing we've learned, or at least should have, from this past season is that Fabregas at number 10 sucks...HARD! Instead of making us more attacking he actually makes us more defensive because he simply doesn't have the pace to help the striker press the back four and hence the whole block is forced deeper as a result. Even offensively, he is a lot more consistent in his delivery from a deeper role than around the box unless the opposition have 10 men in the box.

Your right in a sense which makes me wonder if Cesc could be sacrificed in big games in future.

I'm by no means in the "Cesc is a big game bottler" brigade but as good as the Matic-Cesc partnership has been for flat track bullying when used in the big game's his not so good defensive gamegets targeted and affects Matics productivity as well as a result, Spurs away being the most painful example.

And like you said Cesc as #10 isn't effective at all so it's a bit of a tactical headache.

If we got Vidal I highly doubt Cesc would be the one playing further up the pitch. It would've been Vidal. He'd be the box to box, Matic the DM, and Cesc as the deep lying playmaker. It would be a completely dominant midfield.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You