2 Years ago...

Beigl

On the 18th of April in 2012 we won against Barcelona 1-0 at Stamford Bridge.A magical night,which meant that we would have a good result for the second leg in Spain.The energetic run from Ramires and the following pass to the bad marked Drogba was the only goal on this night.

After this win it was the first time I thought we could win the UCL.I was really excited,because since 2009 I started to really hate Barcelona with their divers,referees,Cesc,and their f...... 'mes que un club' bullshit.Couldn't be any better on this night,haha!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in France with my class that week, and boy, do I remember that. We watched it in the hotel, but I could not take the pressure and went to my room and watched it alone. Ran to the others when we won with a big smugged grin on my face. Loved it, but who would have predicted what happened the following weeks? Dear memories indeed.

• 1 month later...

Such a mixed time of my life during the champions league winning campaign. During the semi final second leg I got a phone call from my dad to tell me that my gramps had passed away (he had been very poorly for a little while), an hour later, Fernando Torres scored on a break-away at the Nou Camp. It was weird, I felt like if anyone could have got Torres to score such an important goal it would have been gramps!

Then the final, My god, I missed the first half due to being at work, and still reeling from our family loss I couldn't really stomach a champs league final loss. So when Drogba got the penalty into the bottom corner, all of the stresses faded away for a moment. I remember commenting on one of the forums and it sums up my feelings during the time 'I know football is just a game but with what's gone on the last few weeks, this helps....a lot.' I love Chelsea fc for that, they gave me (and everyone supporting them) the ultimate moment when we needed them.

“HE’S DONE IT!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They’ve beaten Bayern in their own backyard! They’ve found the holy grail after adventure frought with danger! And Drogba may never play for Chelsea again, he’ll never be forgotten. He’s immortal at this football club, Gary Neville.” :blue scalf:

“HE’S DONE IT!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They’ve beaten Bayern in their own backyard! They’ve found the holy grail after adventure frought with danger! And Drogba may never play for Chelsea again, he’ll never be forgotten. He’s immortal at this football club, Gary Neville.” :blue scalf:

Magical!! :cry: