test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beigl

2 Years ago...

Started by Beigl,

I was in France with my class that week, and boy, do I remember that. We watched it in the hotel, but I could not take the pressure and went to my room and watched it alone. Ran to the others when we won with a big smugged grin on my face. Loved it, but who would have predicted what happened the following weeks? Dear memories indeed.

Beigl and kellzfresh like this

In that match we played well and the luck was with us they missed some great chances. but the 2-2 away is the big story of this clash

Such a mixed time of my life during the champions league winning campaign. During the semi final second leg I got a phone call from my dad to tell me that my gramps had passed away (he had been very poorly for a little while), an hour later, Fernando Torres scored on a break-away at the Nou Camp. It was weird, I felt like if anyone could have got Torres to score such an important goal it would have been gramps!

Then the final, My god, I missed the first half due to being at work, and still reeling from our family loss I couldn't really stomach a champs league final loss. So when Drogba got the penalty into the bottom corner, all of the stresses faded away for a moment. I remember commenting on one of the forums and it sums up my feelings during the time 'I know football is just a game but with what's gone on the last few weeks, this helps....a lot.' I love Chelsea fc for that, they gave me (and everyone supporting them) the ultimate moment when we needed them.

“HE’S DONE IT!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They’ve beaten Bayern in their own backyard! They’ve found the holy grail after adventure frought with danger! And Drogba may never play for Chelsea again, he’ll never be forgotten. He’s immortal at this football club, Gary Neville.” :blue scalf:

Ferguson coined the phrase 'squeaky bum time' regarding the feeling you get in the 'latter' stages of a game. It was squeaky bum time for the entirety of that final as a Chelsea fan..

“HE’S DONE IT!! The greatest night in the history of Chelsea Football Club! European Champions! They’ve beaten Bayern in their own backyard! They’ve found the holy grail after adventure frought with danger! And Drogba may never play for Chelsea again, he’ll never be forgotten. He’s immortal at this football club, Gary Neville.” :blue scalf:

Magical!! :cry: