John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CM of course. Third choice behind Matic and Fabregas is not that bad. Rotation.

we dont know how the injury will affect him. could lose his explosiveness.

i would see how chalobah does first.

We should target Stones, Prowse, Clyne, Barkley next summer. Probably buy two of them too, to boost hg quota.

We will be soon without single realy important english player (once jt retires) and thats bad. Top players come and go, but we had john and lamps here for like decade. They were soul and heart of team, we need new players now. Its imporant that board at least tries to bring some more hg footballers in near future.

It will cost fortune, but if we pick right ones (not overhyped ones), it will be worth longterm-wise.

Prowse's set piece ability/delivert is outstanding.

I think Barkley is overrated personally, he's a decent enough young player but not as good as hyped by the media.

Clyne is quality.

• 8 months later...

Yestarday (from Metro). http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/04/chelsea-lining-up-30million-transfer-for-everton-defender-john-stones-5180603/#mv-a

Chelsea ‘lining up £30million transfer for Everton defender John Stones’

Chelsea are reportedly weighing up a £30million transfer bid for Everton defender John Stones.

I think this guy has qualities to be a big Right-Back. He is young (20 years) and training every day with Jose he could become a great Right-Back for the next decade.

In addition he is from England, which would be perfect if FA changes the rules to establish a minimum number of players born in England.

Stones is a very tall player, and WITH Zouma - Varane - Azpilicueta we would have much power in the set plays (fouls, corners ...) for the coming years.

I think that is an operation to try to make it happen. I see no better option on the market. A lot of money for a young boy who has already shown many things. With Financial Fair Play rules this is the kind of signings we need.

Courtois

Zouma Varane

John Stones Azpilicueta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN23w_sJ-d0

Regards to ALL.

Yestarday (from Metro). http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/04/chelsea-lining-up-30million-transfer-for-everton-defender-john-stones-5180603/#mv-a

Chelsea ‘lining up £30million transfer for Everton defender John Stones’

Chelsea are reportedly weighing up a £30million transfer bid for Everton defender John Stones.

I think this guy has qualities to be a big Right-Back. He is young (20 years) and training every day with Jose he could become a great Right-Back for the next decade.

In addition he is from England, which would be perfect if FA changes the rules to establish a minimum number of players born in England.

Stones is a very tall player, and WITH Zouma - Varane - Azpilicueta we would have much power in the set plays (fouls, corners ...) for the coming years.

I think that is an operation to try to make it happen. I see no better option on the market. A lot of money for a young boy who has already shown many things. With Financial Fair Play rules this is the kind of signings we need.

Courtois

Zouma Varane

John Stones Azpilicueta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN23w_sJ-d0

Regards to ALL.

anyway, who's better between him and Paddy Mcnair?? i'm really shock that Mcnair is very good when meet us....

anyway, who's better between him and Paddy Mcnair?? i'm really shock that Mcnair is very good when meet us....

Stones is better. I think there is intelligence in him. He knows when to move and how to move, due to not being that pacey.

Hi friend!

I believe Stones is better than McNair because Stones seems like one of those players destined to mark an era in English football. And (IMO) McNair is a player who can become like Cahill for example. A great Centre-back but not a "chosen" as John Stones.

But I think Paddy McNair is a great player. Definitely.

Besides John Stones is a very versatile player, with leadership from behind, always well placed on the pitch ... I think he is with Varane and Laporte one of the three best young Centre-backs in the world.

As I said in my previous message, I think if we try signing Stones us, considering that I believe that Jose will convince Varane to come with us, I think we might consider his signing for this summer market or the following summer as Right-Back, forming a youth block of defenses with very proven experience.

Perhaps it is a strange experiment, but I think Stones - Zouma - Varane - Azpilicueta would be a perfect defense.

Regards.

Hi friend!

I believe Stones is better than McNair because Stones seems like one of those players destined to mark an era in English football. And (IMO) McNair is a player who can become like Cahill for example. A great Centre-back but not a "chosen" as John Stones.

But I think Paddy McNair is a great player. Definitely.

Besides John Stones is a very versatile player, with leadership from behind, always well placed on the pitch ... I think he is with Varane and Laporte one of the three best young Centre-backs in the world.

As I said in my previous message, I think if we try signing Stones us, considering that I believe that Jose will convince Varane to come with us, I think we might consider his signing for this summer market or the following summer as Right-Back, forming a youth block of defenses with very proven experience.

Perhaps it is a strange experiment, but I think Stones - Zouma - Varane - Azpilicueta would be a perfect defense.

Regards.

Do you like giminez? I worry about stones price tag , although he has legend potential

Do you like giminez? I worry about stones price tag , although he has legend potential

Hi friend!

I believe that Jimenez would not fit in Chelsea. He is the typical player who defends strong and with "violence" perfect for a small team like Atletico de Madrid who survives by defensive and aggressive approaches from their coach.

I think his game is a little "dirty" to play with us.

Obviously he is a great player but I think in a team with tactical intelligence that we have now without a team which plays to "scare" his rivals, away from all that, Jimenez is a great center-back, not a TOP center-back.

Regards.

If we fail to sign Verane, we should definitely go for Stones. They're very similar really, young, pacey and good with the ball at their feet. Verane's definitely faster IMO but Stones is better on the ball.

If we fail to sign Verane, we should definitely go for Stones. They're very similar really, young, pacey and good with the ball at their feet. Verane's definitely faster IMO but Stones is better on the ball.

Stones better on the ball than Varane ? You couldn't be more wrong.

I think the general opinion is that Varane is an elite ball-playing centre back. He could do the job in the midfield with his crazy passing skills. He's comfortably with either left and right foot, has fantastic technique, is able to release ball very quickly therefore is not so much prone to pressing.

While I find Stones decent but nothing more than that.

Varane is much faster than Stones. Varane is not 'pacey', he's an extremely fast player. For sure the fastest CB combining both acceleration and top speed.

For me there's not real comparision between potential of Varane and Stones, Varane is miles ahead any young defender. But it's not so much of an underapprecition of Zouma, Stones, Laporte and Marquinhos, just Raphael Varane is that good.

Varane's ball-playing skills as well acceleration and lateral speed as height and strenght as domination in the air as his composure and reading of the game make him one of a kind talent. Not comparision with any young defender.

If he really can't move from Real then fine but I think Chelsea and Mourinho should do everything possible to sign him then think about alternatives.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You