John Stones

Sidzeret

What? You claim Athletic wont sell players they dont want to. I am telling you they have no power in release clauses.

Yeah, i mean, does not exist a negotiation with another club. The club doesn't have an initiative to sell. They don't want to.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year i mean.

He's not done enough. If he really wanted to move he could do what Modric did and refuse to report to training.

A level of professionalism has to remain. Only a few days a go he handed in a transfer request which is a signal of intent and he makes this clear by doing this. He starts in a game against his old team and gets fucking pelters from his own fans. He's doing everything correct here....Playing, appreciating the fans and playing football. The club are treating him unfairly and he's doing quite the opposite.

Chelsea have had an astonishing fourth bid of £37m for John Stones rejected — and could now walk away. #CFC #EFC (Mirror)

Chelsea may now want to give themselves time to pursue one of those alternatives ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline. #CFC (Mirror)

Stamford Bridge chiefs are understood to be adamant they have done all they can to try to land the centre-back. #CFC (Mirror) overdone it.

Chelsea also do not want the bidding [for John Stones] to reach unrealistic levels. (Mirror) #CFC £37m? Already did.

Chelsea made one last £38m offer to #EFC for John Stones this week, but understood to have dropped interest for now (Independent) #CFC

A level of professionalism has to remain. Only a few days a go he handed in a transfer request which is a signal of intent and he makes this clear by doing this. He starts in a game against his old team and gets fucking pelters from his own fans. He's doing everything correct here....Playing, appreciating the fans and playing football. The club are treating him unfairly and he's doing quite the opposite.

While all that may be true, it doesn't mean, and doesn't look like, it'll get hom his move. Unfortunately for Chelsea and Stones. Professionalism should go both ways, it's obvious Everton are refusing to sell to spite Chelsea.

While all that may be true, it doesn't mean, and doesn't look like, it'll get hom his move. Unfortunately for Chelsea and Stones. Professionalism should go both ways, it's obvious Everton are refusing to sell to spite Chelsea.

But if it doesn't happen he can claim he did nothing wrong. He hasn't broken the law by requesting a transfer to better himself, he's continued by playing football and been the consummate pro.

Yeah, well he is only on £30k p/w. If he does indeed stay there over the transfer window, don't be surprised to see him offered a new contract. Not because it shows a sign of intention but more because he will demand a much biggwe wage packet despite his contract expriring in 4 years time.

Giving Stones the type of money we would offer would only fuck over Everton's entire wage structure, not to mention piss off a lot of players at the club. Imagine how Jagelka or Baines would feel? Some kid earning more than them just because we were sniffing around him? I'm sure Barkley or Lukaku wouldn't like it either.

If they were to offer him any less, I'm not sure he would sign it. It also depends on his performance in the next few months. I can either see him playing worse and signing a contract as a safety net or playing good and not signing a contract to show he still wants to go to a higher level.

He doesn't need to go full-Sterling but he could/should at least try to force the issue a little more - like get his agent to cause some fuss in the media.

About Laporte: his buyout clause is 50 million euros (36.52 million pounds). This is for Spanish teams and also for foreign teams because, in legal terms, it is the player himself (Laporte, in this case) who pays those 50 million euros.

It is a legal question. Laporte go to the official Seat of La Liga and he deposited those 50 million euros. And he (Laporte) and the club which receives money (Athletic de Bilbao) have to pay 45% more to the Spanish services tax of taxes added.

But this never happens. At the end all the teams reach an agreement on the price set at the buyout clause because the final% is lower in this type of agreement.

Laporte would cost 50 million euros (36.52 million pounds). And it is a good option, but perhaps Stones is better for being English and being adapted to Premier League football.

By the way, sorry for my English, I hope I explained well.

So, exist a type of a tacit agreement with the player? Other clubs just need pay the same amount of the release clause, but they never do that? Interesting, because, i remember read something different in RC about the Ander transfer.

He doesn't need to go full-Sterling but he could/should at least try to force the issue a little more - like get his agent to cause some fuss in the media.

It might now come to that, things are really heating up as we approach the closure of the window. Stones has nailed the process here, I really respect him for that.

Giving Stones the type of money we would offer would only fuck over Everton's entire wage structure, not to mention piss off a lot of players at the club. Imagine how Jagelka or Baines would feel? Some kid earning more than them just because we were sniffing around him? I'm sure Barkley or Lukaku wouldn't like it either.

If they were to offer him any less, I'm not sure he would sign it. It also depends on his performance in the next few months. I can either see him playing worse and signing a contract as a safety net or playing good and not signing a contract to show he still wants to go to a higher level.

Even now, Lukaku earns near triple Stones wages and Barkley is around £60-70k p/w. When Stones signed that contract he was not a key player for them. He was still behind Distin IIRC so if he does sign a new contract he probably will get double and still will not earn more than Barkley and Lukaku and the majority of their first team tbh who are on more than him.

It might now come to that, things are really heating up as we approach the closure of the window. Stones has nailed the process here, I really respect him for that.

Doubt it, he apparently cried yesterday after being abused by Everton fans. Don't think he got the balls to do what Sterling did.

Same here but if Everton do not respect his wishes, even after making it clear he wants to leave, then I don't see why he should do the same.

Last year i mean.

He's not done enough. If he really wanted to move he could do what Modric did and refuse to report to training.

Modric had all the power. He was a world class CM at the heart of Spurs team. They would have suffered massively if he sat out and they didnt have the money to replace him.

Everton dont need Stones as much as he need them. Hes 21. Not 29. He'll get plenty of chance to get his big move. Right now he needs game time to develop.

It'll be nice for him to go to a bigger club, but its not really priority. Heck, he hasn't even made into the international side properly.

That ends the fantasy of wanting an English centerback to play for us in the future. Just play a backline of

Azpi - Zouma - Terry - baba

and we could cope with this setback. But ivanovic has to be sacrificed now that we can't get stones to cover for him.

A mobile technical midfielder for the big games is what we don't have.

Doubt it, he apparently cried yesterday after being abused by Everton fans. Don't think he got the balls to do what Sterling did.

I would love to see video footage of this considering it comes from fans who chanted his name and then called him a fucking rat.

Wow! Source?

It was a tweet by an Everton fan who claimed to have been present. The comment was re-tweeted on the Chelsea Transfer Gossip feed which is where I read it. Obviously I've no idea whether the crying bit is meant to be literal or just a jibe at Stones. No idea even if there's any truth to it at all.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You