John Stones

Sidzeret

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally some proper transfer news! From the little ive seen of stones he looks like he has a great future. On the Evans thing I had assumed he was replacing Distin who went to Bournemouth

20m already a lot of money for him. Dont know how much Everton would want, but 25 m would be the maximum for me. Has potential, but hasnt proven himself much yet. Of course the homegrown factor is important and I could see Everton demanding lots of bucks for him.

Well, more than Chelsea bid for Stones pleases me the fact that they bid for a centre-back. So they see the problem.

Probably it's repercussion after Everton agreed the deal for Evans, though Di Marzio reported that Chelsea are indeed interest in Stones a few months ago.

Now i'm finally starting to feel sick at these inflated fees. It pisses me off justifying tens of millions on a player because he 'has a bright future'. I want a player who is bright now for that sort of money.

Or you know.

Just get one of the many Spanish defenders on the come-up right now who'd cost half as much, and are already performing at an equal if not better level.

Dammit i wish i liked tennis instead of football.

This is a good news. Stones I think will be the best centre-back in England shortly. Although maybe he's too young but his signing would be strategic thinking in the next decade and He can play as centre-back and right-back at the same level.

20 million pounds is a good deal. But Everton is within their rights to refuse and request 30 million pounds. I think a good deal could be 25 million pounds and a player on loan like Omeruo, Bamford or Traore. And so they (one of them) could play in Premier League next season and complete their professional evolution. O Kennedy ...

But this signing could be unnecessary now because we have Zouma. John Terry (c) will be indisputable this season (perhaps His last big season) but with nearly 35 years have a physical downturn may appear at any time. Cahill is not very popular among us, but he is important for Jose.

I think we need another centre-back, but only players like Otamendi or Varane (impossible signings right now) would come to be indisputable with us.

But for me, I'd bet on Zouma and John Stones without any doubt. Two center-backs for the next decade and so we could go to build our team with a good spine from behind.

Advantages.

Stones will be the best centre-back in the English football before long.

2. Natural Heir to the role of John Terry (c).

3. Rejuvenate our team.

4. He and Zouma will of the 5/10 best Centre-backs in the world in three years.

Disadvantages.

Jose and his reluctance to rely on young players.

2. His signing could block the Zouma's evolution.

I think the inflated fee and English tax is actually worth it for Stones. Getting a quality CB is extremely difficult. Perhaps more difficult than any other position right now. Finding one who's this young , English, and who can play with the ball at his feet so well already is something we shouldn't pass up. He's a fantastic footballer and can only improve dramatically under the best English CB ever and Mourinho.

Probably looking at Luke Shaw money here but I think it'll be worth it long term.

This is a good news. Stones I think will be the best centre-back in England shortly. Although maybe he's too young but his signing would be strategic thinking in the next decade and He can play as centre-back and right-back at the same level.

20 million pounds is a good deal. But Everton is within their rights to refuse and request 30 million pounds. I think a good deal could be 25 million pounds and a player on loan like Omeruo, Bamford or Traore. And so they (one of them) could play in Premier League next season and complete their professional evolution. O Kennedy ...

But this signing could be unnecessary now because we have Zouma. John Terry © will be indisputable this season (perhaps His last big season) but with nearly 35 years have a physical downturn may appear at any time. Cahill is not very popular among us, but he is important for Jose.

I think we need another centre-back, but only players like Otamendi or Varane (signings impossible now) would come to be indisputable with us.

But for me, I'd bet on Zouma and John Stones without any doubt. Two center-backs for the next decade and so we could go to build our team with a good spine from behind.

Advantages.

1. Stones will be the best centre-back in the English football before long.

2. Natural Heir to the role of John Terry ©.

3. Rejuvenate our team.

4. He and Zouma will of the 5/10 best Centre-backs in the world in three years.

Disadvantages.

1. Jose and his reluctance to rely on young players.

2. His signing could block the Zouma's evolution.

Don't think he would block Zouma's path. Zouma is just as good and probably has a brighter future. I think Jose was pretty clear with his trust in Kurt last season with the way he used him in big games and the run of games he gave him during Cahill's absolute nightmare period of the season.

I havn't watched Stones so may I ask if he is a proactive defender or not? If yes I'm all in.

not worth a penny more than 20mil (if that). nope. never.

if GC can look WC in our system, we can make any defender look good. we already have zouma, we have iva, GC, with kalas, omerou, chirstensen coming in.

dont even understand why would want to buy him at the moment when we already have 4 options (iva included).

It's simple as this for me.

If he's the most talented England CB with a bright future ahead of him, we must try to sign him if Jose feels he fits his team.

I hope we sign him, our defense isn't among the youngest.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You