Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

A clean sheet is half way through obtaining 3 points, lets hope we break our clean sheet record on saturday

What's our clean sheet record and how many clean sheets are we on now?

IMO Its impossible to beat 2004/2005 where we conceded only 15 goals.

What's our clean sheet record and how many clean sheets are we on now?

IMO Its impossible to beat 2004/2005 where we conceded only 15 goals.

we are tied at the moment with our record for most clean sheets in Carlo's time which is 10 clean sheets at the bridge.

I worry about this game more than I worry about Liverpool. The story of our season has been one of which we all know. We thrive on the pressure against the big boys then lose against the hustlers of the league. Sunderland can hustle as we all saw against City last night. Make no mistake we will be in for a proper game and we are going to need our AM's to step up and play to their potential if we are going to break what I guess will be a counter attacking Gustavoland!

Loads of variables that could possibly effect the outcome of the game.

Negatives

• They'll get confidence from last nights result and have very few chances now to get themselves out of the mess they've got themselves into
  • We've got a massive game to think 3 and a bit days later and manage the squad for
  • Will they get momentum and belief from the result against Man City
  • Their best results tend to be away from home and they perform generally better against the better sides

Positives

• They may be weary
  • We've had a decent break following the Swansea match
  • We're at home
  • We're a better side, with better players
  • We've a better manager
  • They'll have 1500 (tops, if past matches against them at SB are anything to go by) fans
  • We'll have 40000 fans and need every one of them to all behind the team
  • We have an experienced manager in these scenarios

However what should happen doesn't always and that's what makes football (especially in the PL) such a drug.

It's funny, I remember that after our few losses and draws people were saying the title race was over. I admit, after the last time we dropped points I was one of them. It's funny to think that despite what's happened, we are realistically contemplating winning the two biggest trophies possible. We've had quite a few seasons like this, they never turned out like we had hoped, let's hope this time it does. It could end up being our most memorable season or one to forget. All we have to do is win all our remaining games, sounds simple enough :)

Don't think the "sunderland will be weary" thing works. Still remember that newcastle had played 120 minutes of carling cup football just 2/3 days before playing against us at st. James' park.

Sunderland will fight for their life. Literally. Wont be easy.