Chelsea v Sunderland

Jase

20-30 minutes for Hazard if fit would be perfect.

Eto'o to start for me. Ba starting away at Athletico may not be a bad idea, imo. Gives them something completely different to deal with which they do not have in their league.

I think we'll be ok today. Always 10x more nervous playing away, at the Bridge we've been solid this season. Just have to dig in for the long game as they'll sit deep and do nothing to try and make the game entertaining.

Cech, Cole, JT, Cahill, Ivan, Matic, Oscar, Schurrle, Willian, Salah, Ba. Oscar DLP to help with playing against the inevitable 10 men in their box.

I'm going with a scrappy, boring 2-0 win. Which i'll take.

I thibk it is because pool n spurs play with 2 strikers

True but one could also argue that Sunderland are not the most defensively solid of teams and playing with a back 3/5 gives them that security. Keep it tight, defend, don't give chances away and then look to pinch something on the break.

cech

azpi GC JT cole

matic lamps

salah oscar schurrle

BA

cole should play as iva is suspended and he needs some game time. BA upfront cos he deserves it.

what's the point in giving Ivanovic a rest? would start him instead of Azpi

Exactly. Ivanovic should play this one and then rest get some rest while the others are playing Atletico and he's suspended. Letting Cole have some time on the pitch before the massive game next Tuesday wouldn't be a bad idea however, so maybe Cesar could sit this one out. Then again, Azpilicueta too could benefit from playing a game at RB after such a long period at LB...

Maybe rest one of the CB's and play Ivanovic there with Cole and Azpi as the full-backs? Cahill and Terry have been playing some insane minutes since new year so either of them could use some rest.

Azpi will have a week break before the match. I'd play the same back five that will play in the CL since they haven't played together this season.

to be fair they're not completely bad .. they got us out of Carling cup yeah?!

I expect a better match than Swansea for us .. with plenty of goals ..

a 6-0 will be a great rehearsal for Atletico .. also good for the goal diff.

IMO, the most important things are the 3 points and a clean sheet ..