Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland

Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Mike Dean secures 3 points for Sunderland. Chelsea had ample opportunity to score more goals. No lack of trying. Refs make mistakes and then they make decisions based on favouritism. Dean chose not to give obvious frees to Chelsea. Felt More like helping Sunderland today. There is no excuse especially when there are assistant refs too. Dont knock the lads they tried.

1. JT goal should of stood. Colback flopped and JT goal was negated.

2. Iva should of scored his header.

3. Dave's foul wasn't really a foul.

All in all, we were a lot better than them. They scored from a goalkeeper error and a flop from Jozy.

However, ramires should of gotten a red card and gotten sent off.

its only the wrong decision because of the outcome. Eto'o could have and should have scored... That was a relatively easy chance he just has to hit the net the angle wasn't as impossible as you make it out to be.

Sure. Scoring from anywhere in the attacking third is not 'impossible', it wouldn't even have been impossible for Willian to score a goal from the position he was in. But there're obviously areas where the chances of a goal is more likely and looking at where Eto'o was and looking at where Salah was, I think Salah was in a better goal scoring position. But look dude you're free to disagree, right? I promise I'll survive. My life will go on.

Terrible feeling when my team deserves to lose a match.

Fuck the refs, we should have owned Sunderland and don't depend on their intentions.

Fuck this season, every now and then gives us hope that we can win the league even if we know we are not ready for that yet.

But this crazy season is far from over yet!

Besides if Liverpool win all 4 matches (by playing well, aside from refs) then congrats to them they deserve it. Even if i hate them that's the truth.

The thing is how capable are we to move accordingly in the summer so that next season we own the league. Time will tell. And i don't refer only to transfers. Mourinho has to take a closer detailed look to our tactics. For example the right matches to take some risks and sacrifice some defence for offence.

Fortunately we have exciting fixtures to anticipate now @ CL semifinals. COME ON CHELSEA!!!! ALWAYS LOVE YOU

Technically, we should of lost the record vs West brom a few many games back...

We had so many chances to score and didn't. It sucks since we don't control our destiny now, but it happens..

That was a fucking travesty.

Dreadful from the boys. Should be ashamed.

Ramires is scum. Does the hideous stuff far too often.

Seasons in tatters if we lose at Atletico.

Our reliance on Hazard is insane. Should have kept Mata.

CAREFREE

I'm off to get laid.

Exactly... Bullshit pen and a blatant pen on Ramires for goal too. The ref had a shocker

Sorry mate, looked a definite penalty to me.

I really wanted Chelsea to win the league but not at the expense of our PL survival. We're probably still going down but at least we're fighting now.

And Mourinho was a disgrace in his post-match interview.

Sorry mate, looked a definite penalty to me.

I really wanted Chelsea to win the league but not at the expense of our PL survival. We're probably still going down but at least we're fighting now.

And Mourinho was a disgrace in his post-match interview.

Mourinho is Mourinho you love him as a Chelsea fan, hate a him as an opposition fan. As for the penalty you can see there was no contact until he put his foot an apzi. How Larsson smashing into ramires is not a penalty let alone a red I'll never know. I don't condone the elbow but it would never even have happened if the ref was doing his job correctly. also the way the commentators said it was a good block and shrugged him off the ball was awful.

I know the whole of sky sports want a scouse title win but please contain you excitement and stay professional. We are now praying on a yellow miracle I'm afraid and I can't see it happening.

I told my city supporting work colleague that Liverpool would win the league and this was in January,he laughed but how right was I...

Mourinho is Mourinho you love him as a Chelsea fan, hate a him as an opposition fan. As for the penalty you can see there was no contact until he put his foot an apzi. How Larsson smashing into ramires is not a penalty let alone a red I'll never know. I don't condone the elbow but it would never even have happened if the ref was doing his job correctly. also the way the commentators said it was a good block and shrugged him off the ball was awful.

I know the whole of sky sports want a scouse title win but please contain you excitement and stay professional. We are now praying on a yellow miracle I'm afraid and I can't see it happening.

I told my city supporting work colleague that Liverpool would win the league and this was in January,he laughed but how right was I...

Exactly! Ramires was in the air, how was that not a penalty? If that were us acting like that, or Suarez/Gerrard getting tackled it would have been a penalty and direct red card. Numerous handballs, that ref was just terrible all game.

Today's outcome was crap and has effectively handed Liverpool the title assuming they continue to play as they have been. Nobody can look at that penalty decision and say it's legitimate, but these things happen. I think JT's goal should have stood following the alleged foul committed by Matic. I also can't see how Larson in to the back of Rami is not a foul if the Matic one was. Then there's Rami who should have been sent off. For me personally, those sort of love taps are barely worth mentioning, but I can see why others feel strongly about them, and things as they are mean he probably has to walk if Dean sees him. So poor refereeing all round but I think it ultimately cost us the game.

With that said, it's a sad state of affairs when we have to rely on not being duped by poor referees to win games. It should never come down to that. The truth is we have been poor for the best part of this season. I think Mourinho's return as made us made us defensively solid, but the rest of our play has been pretty awful. We take it teams yet lack any real threat, and when we do go up we fail to kill the game off. More often than not we're our own worst enemies.Complacency against weaker opposition has cost us. Bad decisions happen, but they happen to everybody. And whilst they certainly can shape the outcome of a game, I'd like to see us reach a level where only the worst of the worst Chris Foyesque officiating can foil us.

In short, we haven't good enough and I'm honestly surprised we have gotten this close. Anyway, onward and upward.

KTBFFH