• Ba
    • Eto'o (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching matches with Talkchelsea closed keeps bringing good results :) It's a bit boring but football is a serious business, sacrifices should be made.

Won an away match at the stadium where we traditionally have problems. Not bad.

How many clear chances did we miss? I've lost count on 8th. If we were scoring half of what we create we'd kill every other team on goal difference...

Thank God for Ba.

Some of "ay Jesus" moments in the final minutes, Cech really got bored by this Courtois debate and keeps showing what he's got, good for him and for us.

Note to Pellegrini - mind your own business before trash-talking Jose Mourinho, because the latter usually backfires. Ask Wenger.

Title race on!

Salah didn't play well. Missed our 2 best chances apart from the goal, but he was still actively looking to get involved in the game. Hungry for the ball, making runs, trying to score, etc. Which is the minimum a player must do.

I would still like to see him start against Liverpool. Same goes for Etoo, he missed so many great chances but compare the amount of chances he had to the amount Ba had. It just shows Etoo has much better positioning and therefore is a much bigger threat.

If you take away his bad finishing Salah had a good game. If Eto'o had his shooting boots on today he could've easily ended the match with 2 assists.

A lot of our players are still raw and new to the physicality of the league. Salah, Schurrle, Willian , Oscar even. The likes of Ramires clearly aren't good enough for a passing team. I think we must be patient with them. They will learn. I was impressed with Salah today, despite some of his misses. Once he gets used to the league, the kid is going to be something else. It's amazing that we are still fighting for the title with the nucleus of the team built around young players.

3 points, now I believe the destiny of the league is in our hands. Having said that, we are going to need Eden to stand a good chance of winning at Anfield. This is why he is our player of the season and extremely key to everything good we do in the attacking third of the pitch.

Exactly, Salah's only 21 and I thought he played good aswell. Very good movement but finishing let him down. Doesn't matter anymore, he's been better than I expected, and again ONLY 21. Great result!

I don't give a fuck if it wasn't pretty at this stage of the season. Where still in it, Ba man of the match purely on the winning goal. Willian was very on and off, Salah extremely wastefull but i give the kid some time. At this stage of the season i think it's better for him to be an impact sub, these hugh expectations are clearly taking a toll on him (beïgn wastefull). Matic was pretty bad in the first half but showed up in the second. Ramires... he's getting worse and worse. Tbh we should bank on the Matic-Luiz partnership. Oscar was okay and should've started the game tbh, cause he had alot off rest the last 2 weeks. Our back four and Cech where decent.

On the title race. It's going to be hard but we still need 1 cock-up from City.

Were to far into the season now to get worked up or even give a fuck about performances.

3 points are all that matters, another 8 turgid 1-0s will likely get us a historic double.

Thank fuck it's over and we have the 3 points!

Abysmal performance. If we had a single clinical finisher in that side today we'd have cruised to victory comfortably. Suarez or Sturridge on the end of a lot of those chances we had and it would've been 4-5 nil.

Think we're in for another nervy, hold-your-breath match next week against a dire Sunderland as well. Please let us have Hazard by then!

Salah is like a worse Di Maria, maybe even faster but decision making is 10 levels below. Jose need to polish him and Willian and we could potentially have 2 deadly wingers on our hand

Di Maria came from Benfica and has been at RM for several seasons, but is still inconsistent. Salah has just joined Chelsea, so give him a break. 10 times worse than Di Maria.. GIVE IT A REST!

First half was rubbish but a much better performance in the second half. However, those missed chances were just criminal once again. Story of our season. This could have been a 4, 5, 6-0 thrashing of Swansea but only a 1-0 win in the end. :doh: Can't afford to keep chances like them against Liverpool, Atletico!

Oh well. A win is a win and at this point of the season, 3 points is all that matter.

Di Maria came from Benfica and has been at RM for several seasons, but is still inconsistent. Salah has just joined Chelsea, so give him a break. 10 times worse than Di Maria.. GIVE IT A REST!

Dude Di Maria is probably top 5 wingers in the world atm, Salah not even top 5 best young wingers in Europe yet so yes I think it is fair.

You lot do like complaining don't you.I remember on Rafa's days how everyone cried on how they missed the "grinding out result's" Chelsea.

3 points, Anfield here we go.

Exactly, Salah's only 21 and I thought he played good aswell. Very good movement but finishing let him down. Doesn't matter anymore, he's been better than I expected, and again ONLY 21. Great result!

Better than expected is the key word, bro. It's a shame some ignorant people will still slander him for missing a sitter in his FIRST away game in the most physically demanding league in the world despite the fact that he has two goals in his last two games and despite the fact that he showed good movement around the box and got himself into goalscoring situations. Something that a 25 year old 30 million pound Willian seems incapable of doing.

If Hazard wasn't injured, Salah won't even start this game. Jose has said he is a player for next season and we see why. Very, very talented but stilll raw and still adapting to English football.