TalkChelsea Player of the Year 2013/14

Nice constructive criticism. Feel free to agree or disagree, but if you can't offer any valuable retort, then your opinion to me is a complete waste of time. A world class striker for example is more valuable than a world class full-back. A world class striker gets more individual awards than a world-class full-back. How many full-backs can ever win the ballon d'Or? A world class striker is a match-winner because he scores goals while is world-class full-back can rarely be one. World-class strikers earn more than world-class full-backs. We would struggle for 4th without Hazard while we won't without Azpilicueta. That's the reality.

The lack of regard you are showing for Azpilicueta is what is typical of modern day football fan who knows little or nothing about a players role within a team. This guy was bought for small amounts of money in today's market, he was bought as a RB and has been nothing short of sublime in a position that is not even familiar to him. Of course attackers get all the glory but does that automatically mean players further back in the field cannot be recognized or appreciated for what they have given for the team? No not at all.

It's as if you speak ill because they are not a so called 'flair player' Let me also remind you that football didn't begin a few months ago, back in 2006 a certain Fabio Cannavaro won the Ballon D'or.....no honest he did, and do you know what? He was a center back for Italy!!! I kid you not, and you know why he won it? Because he was immense that year, so there is your notion blown straight out of the water.

I knew people would kick and scream over all this.....

The lack of regard you are showing for Azpilicueta is what is typical of modern day football fan who knows little or nothing about a players role within a team. This guy was bought for small amounts of money in today's market, he was bought as a RB and has been nothing short of sublime in a position that is not even familiar to him. Of course attackers get all the glory but does that automatically mean players further back in the field cannot be recognized or appreciated for what they have given for the team? No not at all.

It's as if you speak ill because they are not a so called 'flair player' Let me also remind you that football didn't begin a few months ago, back in 2006 a certain Fabio Cannavaro won the Ballon D'or.....no honest he did, and do you know what? He was a center back for Italy!!! I kid you not, and you know why he won it? Because he was immense that year, so there is your notion blown straight out of the water.

I knew people would kick and scream over all this.....

Cannavaro won the award because he was Italy's best player and a lynch pin in defense. I remember that vividly, because I watched majority of the games in the world cup. He was like a monster. He seemed to win every headed ball, though he wasn't the tallest and his awareness in the box was immense. There was no other Italian player who was better than him. Ironically, Zizou was player of the tournament despite headbutting someone in the final.

And as for your "modern day football fan" drivel. You obviously don't have a clue on what I know and don't know about football. I was only pointing out that a player who is relied upon to score goals and create goal-scoring chances is more valuable than a full-back who is tactically restricted from over-lapping a lot during games. I also feel that it's easier for such a full-back to be more consistent in his performances. You clearly don't know what the footballing term "match-winner" means.

I wasn't undermining Azpi's contribution at all, but stating something that any "knowledgeable football fan" would at least relate with even if he/she completely disagrees with. Maybe if you didn't dismiss my opinion as "shite", just maybe I wouldn't have to get into a long-winded argument on something irrelevant.

How has Hazard not won this??? :blink:

Because he wasnt allowed to, simple as that

Hazard was in the lead by 8-10 votes on a certain moment

If you read trough this thread you will see that some of the mods started posting stuff like " can i remember you that Hazard only showed up halfway november" and stuff like that.

The original ending date of this poll was today friday 11th but magically the date was changed to thursday the 10 th early in the morning just when azpi took the lead by 1 vote.

I wonder if some of the mods had a bet running wich player would win this?

Anyway if you dont can have a fair and correct voting, dont have any at all then!

If you read trough this thread you will see that some of the mods started posting stuff like " can i remember you that Hazard only showed up halfway november" and stuff like that.

The original ending date of this poll was today friday 11th but magically the date was changed to thursday the 10 th early in the morning just when azpi took the lead by 1 vote.

Anyway if you dont can have a fair and correct voting, dont have any at all then!

Where exactly is the final vote count?

How has Hazard not won this??? :blink:

Cannavaro won the award because he was Italy's best player and a lynch pin in defense. I remember that vividly, because I watched majority of the games in the world cup. He was like a monster. He seemed to win every headed ball, though he wasn't the tallest and his awareness in the box was immense. There was no other Italian player who was better than him. Ironically, Zizou was player of the tournament despite headbutting someone in the final.

And as for your "modern day football fan" drivel. You obviously don't have a clue on what I know and don't know about football. I was only pointing out that a player who is relied upon to score goals and create goal-scoring chances is more valuable than a full-back who is tactically restricted from over-lapping a lot during games. I also feel that it's easier for such a full-back to be more consistent in his performances. You clearly don't know what the footballing term "match-winner" means.

I wasn't undermining Azpi's contribution at all, but stating something that any "knowledgeable football fan" would at least relate with even if he/she completely disagrees with. Maybe if you didn't dismiss my opinion as "shite", just maybe I wouldn't have to get into a long-winded argument on something irrelevant.

I think more people generally voted for Hazard than they did for Azpilicueta. The thread should also have a poll to make it less confusing.

Oh look they think it's a conspiracy now........You lot are taking this all far too serious, toys back in the cot please. It's all the mods fault!!! :whistling:

Oh look they think it's a conspiracy now........You lot are taking this all far too serious, toys back in the cot please. It's all the mods fault!!! :whistling:

Like I thought, an empty barrel. Nothing of note to contribute. That doesn't stop you from shooting down other people's views as "shite though. Me .and you are clearly different as I would never do that, not even over the internet and not even if I completely disagree with a post. It's called common sense and courtesy. Things you apparently lack.

Like I thought, an empty barrel. Nothing of note to contribute. That doesn't stop you from shooting down other people's views as "shite though. Me .and you are clearly different as I would never do that, not even over the internet and not even if I completely disagree with a post. It's called common sense and courtesy. Things you apparently lack.

Nothing to contribute? I've contributed plenty, but I don't expect you to notice because you can't recognize our LB has been immense, you are too busy telling everyone how good Hazard has been which everybody already knows.

Head out of the clouds would help you a lot.

Can you explain to me why the date has been changed? Im quite curious about that

Oh FFS you do realize that this is just a forum award, right? Neither Hazard nor Azpi will be receiving anything nor will this affect their lives in any way, or yours for that matter :doh:

It was started the same time that the votes for the official player of the season started like it is always done. People nominated players and the 4 players that got the most votes made it into a poll in which posters on here posted freely. There was a date set for the poll to close and I very much doubt that date was changed but even if it was then it was probably because Alex, who was running the award, wouldn't be able to get online in the set date or something along those lines.

This thread is still open for people to discuss who and why they think has been our best player this season, but if it's going to turn into childish fighting and crappy conspiracy theories, I'm shutting it down.

Oh FFS you do realize that this is just a forum award, right? Neither Hazard nor Azpi will be receiving anything nor will this affect their lives in any way, or yours for that matter :doh:

It was started the same time that the votes for the official player of the season started like it is always done. People nominated players and the 4 players that got the most votes made it into a poll in which posters on here posted freely. There was a date set for the poll to close and I very much doubt that date was changed but even if it was then it was probably because Alex, who was running the award, wouldn't be able to get online in the set date or something along those lines.

This thread is still open for people to discuss who and why they think has been our best player this season, but if it's going to turn into childish fighting and crappy conspiracy theories, I'm shutting it down.

:clap:

Azpilicueta cause of fighting his way into the team and playing in a position that he isn't familiar with at all against some of the biggest sides in European football. Also he's an integral part of our defense. Take either him, Cahill or JT out and Hazard scoring will not make a huge difference if we concede goals faster than the speed of light. Don't get me wrong but m Hazard's had a very good season however he still lacks a bit of consistency here and there. Azpi trumps it for me.

No I have to be honest, you're all absolutely correct, I was sat at my computer relentlessly refreshing the page until Azpi took the lead. Definitely nothing to do with the fact I had to change the date because I'm going away for the weekend.

No I have to be honest, you're all absolutely correct, I was sat at my computer relentlessly refreshing the page until Azpi took the lead. Definitely nothing to do with the fact I had to change the date because I'm going away for the weekend.

Hilarious the way the finger was pointed at you lot. I seriously worry about what people think at times at something so trivial.