Chelsea 2-0 PSG

Jase

MOTM  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

That was the thing about this impressive comeback. It didn’t come through a characteristic grandstand finale. This wasn’t Manchester United at their most raucous under Sir Alex Ferguson, or even the Chelsea of 2012 vs. Napoli.

It was all so much more controlled and, while that made the match tense, it did have the same sense of inevitability. As late as the eventual winning goal came, Chelsea were never really properly panicked into forcing it.

Similarly, although throwing all your strikers on may be the most standard last-gasp move, Mourinho claimed it was all part of the planning, if maybe not the plan.

link - http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/championsleague/id/1156?cc=5739

This is a good point, even in the 85th minute we never started to panic, we always had enough men back to deal with PSG' the counter. On the tactics, once BA came on we became more direct, this was planned and it worked. PSG retreated once they subbed off Lavezzi and Lucas, obviously with three strikers on we literally had no midfield so we couldn't really pass our way through their defense, it meant we had to go direct and it worked.

I was just thinking, maybe it wasn't a blessing in disguise afterall that Ibra was injured... :lol: on paper Lucas-Cavani-Levezzi looks so threatening on the counter, but really they only have a few chances. Ibra is one of those special players like Drogba who could get a goal out of nothing.

congratulation on your victory i don't think our defeat is unfair if we look the 2 legs you deserved to go through the semi final

as a psg fan i'm very angry we have been outplayed out thought and outfought such a disgrace for our team! we had played well in the first leg but yesterday we lost the game before it started as a team we need to display a more ruthless mentality , we really lacked a pair of balls ! When you win 3-1 in the first leg its unacceptable to be kicked out by 2-0 without playing your game

Some of our players have failed big time especially our strikers that could be the end of some of them at Psg

Blanc sucks big time compared to Mourinho ,he is a complete amateur in every way he 's been out coached by a top coach shame on him for allowing this happen with the top players he has at his disposal

All in all i have to admit Chelsea has a better team I will be backing them , if you continue to play like yesterday you will be very hard to beat this year

Good game man and come back stronger next season.

You have a good team that needs to play against strong opponents regularly. The need to have opponents pressure their defense and midfield and their offense more often. This way the players will always be sharp and can adapt together as a unit to different approaches.

Good luck next season.

After reading other forums after the draw was made I was expecting a lot more from this so called juggernaut PSG than they actually showed.

Lucas looked dangerous and Lavezzi had his moments, other than that.....meh!!!

Lavezzi is a real cunt but I would love to have one of those in our teams.

Let's hope this summer PSG might have a clear out and we can go shopping! :-P

watching the 'turn and shoot' atempt by Cavani, I was like 'the drog would've scored that' :) ... remeber DD vs totenham FA cup semifinal? was so similar to Cavanis atempt but he left Galas eating dust ... turned and boom, cudicini didn't know what hit him :D ..Oh how I miss the big Drog :cry: