2014/2015 season - Goalkeeper  

116 members have voted

1. 1. 2014/2015 season - Petr Cech or Thibaut Courtois

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone for Courtois myself

I feel like his is going to be a name to remember, look at what Athletico have managed to achieve with him in goal, they're top of the table in a league dominated for the last decade by two of the top teams on the planet, not to mention his success in Europe winning the Europa League in the 2011/2012 season on top of being the unreputed number one for one of the only teams not to be beaten in this years Champions League (Athletico Madrid & Real Madrid)

Baring in mind, this is all on loan having come straight from the Belgian League

Like i said, if i was making the decisions it'd be Courtois

Goalkeeper for next season should be the one who is better? But who is better - Cech or Courtois? I don't know. I just know that whoever is better should be starting matches. If it's Courtois, then sell Cech, because he doesn't deserve to warm the bench. If it's Cech, loan Courtois for another season to Atletico or any other BPL club.

Previously, the argument was always about potential vs proven class. I'm not the biggest fan of experience....it has it's place but it's occasionally overrated.

Right now I don't think there's an argument about who the better keeper is though. Cech, for all his legendary status and his importance to our recent successes is costing us points this season and that means the risks of bringing in Courtois are lowered considerably.

Despite that I think Cech might still be our keeper next season.

People should stop putting young before their best young goalkeeper in the world sentence.

Without a doubt TC is already top 3 goalies in the world.

In spain they say he's already the very best but i keep it on top 3 ;)

I bet the barca- athletico game would have had the exact same result like ours last night without him in the goal and thats the difference between him and cech this season and taking in account that TC is only 21 years old and most likely will get better it should be quite clear who will defend our goal next season

Ideally Courtois signs a new contract and comes back here to compete with Cech, then Jose picks his #1 - I think Courtois will come out on top. Or, if it is already decided that Courtois is better then there is no point in holding such a competition, it would be a waste of a year for Cech.

Previously, the argument was always about potential vs proven class. I'm not the biggest fan of experience....it has it's place but it's occasionally overrated.

Right now I don't think there's an argument about who the better keeper is though. Cech, for all his legendary status and his importance to our recent successes is costing us points this season and that means the risks of bringing in Courtois are lowered considerably.

Despite that I think Cech might still be our keeper next season.

Can't believe that in 2 seasons time, we will basically have a new spine to our team...

Cech, Terry, Lampard all gone... :cry:

I guess it's time for change.

Cech is a legend. I love him. Truly.

But he is no longer a world class keeper. Sorry to say that. He is a good keeper but thibaut is exceptional.

This is our barca moment. Barca let go off ronaldinho to give messi his time. I hope jose makes the right decision.

Cech can obviously be herr next season. If cassillas can spend a season on the bench, pkaying copa delray and cl, so can cech.