When was the last time, we played well consistently?

Trying to remember a season where we were actually GOOD! I think we were VERY lucky to be at the top of the table for so long, apart from City away and Newcastle, I can't think of many great performances!

It just feels like we are constantly in "transition"

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you confusing playing expansive football (playing well) with consistency in terms of results? We were on a 14 match unbeaten run prior to the robbery vs Aston Villa.

Judging by your post, you probably mean playing with style, but it's difficult to do this without a reference point in the CF position. It's no surprise we play our best football (Liverpool, Newcastle, Galatsaray, City) when a fit Eto'o is leading the line. He is the only good striker at Chelsea. Don't forget the job of the striker is not only two score goals but to get others involved.

You can't play good football with rubbish like Torres and Ba leading the line. And under Benitez, when we did play some good football with Torres, It was despite him not because of him.

Yeah..style I mean!

When we went 0-1 down against Livepool at the bridge! we looked AMAZING! cole bombing down the wings again everyone pushing forward! was great...then as soon as we were 2-1 up , we went back to our stupid defensive crap!

Don't get me wrong, It's good when it works, but If we just WENT FOR IT! against smaller teams we might do better, I feel we still just try build too much.

We need our full backs over lapping again! like old style Ashley cole!

I fear we are becoming tika taka in front of goal!