• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What excites me is the squad for next season:

Cech or Courtois

Ivan/Dave Terry Cahill/Zouma/Ivan if Shaw is signed Dave/Shaw

Matic Ramires/Lampard

Salah/Schurrle Oscar/Willian Hazard

Costa or Mandzukic or Martinez or Cavani/Eto'o

Up there with the very best in Europe and would give anyone a match.

What excites me is the squad for next season:

Cech or Courtois

Ivan/Dave Terry Cahill/Zouma/Ivan if Shaw is signed Dave/Shaw

Matic Ramires/Lampard

Salah/Schurrle Oscar/Willian Hazard

Costa or Mandzukic or Martinez or Cavani/Eto'o

Up there with the very best in Europe and would give anyone a match.

If we just had one of the top five CF's this season, I personally think we could have won at least two trophies, if not more.

Is it me or do we play better when Ramires doesnt play? Its a shame his back next weekend. It might actually be a blessing for us his suspended on Tuesday

On current form Ramires shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 imo

Well, I've got only positives in this match.

the approach, the heart, the clutch I've complained so much lately were all there. That's why is nice to bring new players, they will take their chances and make the best of them because they want to prove they can continue playing among the starting XI.

Salah had one of the best titular debuts in our team since I watch Chelsea. It was magical and special and I think that's why Mourinho signed him. This team today played the style I think he's trying to imprint in the team, but that we keep failing to show. Of course, Stoke had no interest in the match whatsoever, but I'm still focusing on how we approached the game and executed the plan.

That's what we should be doing regardless of the players in the pitch. I think Willian made a case for himself for #10 against PSG. He's offered much more than Oscar has been offering and should play that match too. Salah can't play - so ofc Eden is taking his position (if he could play, I'd keep him and move Schurrle to the bench to make room for Eden).

Too bad Matic can't play UCL - again another incredible match by him. He has so much composure on the ball that I'm already preparing myself mentally to endure Ramires playing Tuesday. I do hope Rami has one of his inspired days - as rare as they are. Just remembered though he doesn't play.

Torres wasn't bad, but he wasn't anything special either. A better striker would have made better, but I have to admit he wasn't as shitty as the norm with him.

Our defense wasn't that much tested because the midfield simply ate Stoke for dinner. Our AMs pressed and tackled like pivot players, and the pivot players themselves were very good in the match too, killing whatever attempt Stoke had. the few occasions we needed our defense though, they were there. They just need to be more firm in set-pieces, especially against PSG.

This has nothing to do with wasting his penalty - especially because he scored from the rebound. I have a lot of respect for Lamps and I think he's still a great penalty taker, but he isn't technically better than Hazard in that aspect and he shouldn't be our first option anymore. Hazard has the technique, but also the coldness to take them. He's confident and regardless if any of them misses or not, it's about who's taking them better and that's Eden imo. It's not a complaint though, just an observation and something I think Mourinho should take into consideration.

All in all a very good presentation by the team. If the usual titulars could play like this, we'd have much less difficulty to score. It's how the team played, the approach, not only the result. Happy cookie here.

@calculatingInfinity, haven't seen your gifs in the first page when I posted them in the second.

Great work - as I know you do them yourself ;)

Lovely result, surgical performance.

Can't help but say something negative despite the result, though. Torres was once more absolutely woeful. Even when we play at our best he looks completely hopeless. He's totally done here.

to me seems like william's 3rd goal. could have passed to torres... but i think torres would had miss the goal

You can't really question a goal though. Any decision he could, or should have made is irrelevant if he scored. :-)

IMO we could perhaps do with another winger.

We could yes, having Hazard on one wing, Reus for example on the other would definately make a difference. It would mean even less gametime for the backups though so not sure it's sustainable. I'd be happy if we manage to sign a striker and a playmaker and perhaps a LB for now.

We could yes, having Hazard on one wing, Reus for example on the other would definately make a difference. It would mean even less gametime for the backups though so not sure it's sustainable. I'd be happy if we manage to sign a striker and a playmaker and perhaps a LB for now.

I would love us to get a winger who stays out wide and can cross. Marin was meant to be the answer, but he isn't strong enough to succeed in the Prem.

Salah just edges Willian for me. Both scored belters! but I thought because Salah also won a PK he edged it.

complete control today never threatened onto a bigger challenge Tuesday!

For my money Oscar is gonna have to big huge on Tuesday or I'd sooner rather Willian in the 10... He works extremely hard and has better technique too.

The problem with our midfield on Wednesday was we were so used to having a beast like Matic that when he's not there now we get exposed... Still think Luiz and Lamps will get the call, we need them both at their best.

I predicted 2 goals for salah then come torres who made a wrong decision to spoil it for salah second goal I fcuking ate Torres. Well met the game in the second half was really impressed with willian and salah as well matic.

Good game, total dominance and happy for Salah.

Btw Matic hit some beautiful passes, I was disappointed with that aspect of his game against Palace, but they did have everyone in the box tbf to him.

Oscar is a good player but we look so much more fluid with Willian in the no.10. Much faster, explosive and look much more threatening going forward. Would like to see him or Hazard in that role more flanked by the wingers. When we are going in the counter with for instance Hazard, Willian and Salah we can absolutely slaughter teams.

Good win though. What a game for Salah. My MOTM. Settled well on his first start for the team and scored 1 and created the other 2. Brilliant me. He will get better next season as well. This is just a glimpse of him so far. We have another potential star here in Salah. He is only 21 and has proved against us how devastating he can be in the UCL and has scored many goals on the international stage already. Really liked what I have seen from him. Defence was superb again.

Nice to see Willian get on the scoresheet as well as due to his hefty price tag, a lot of people have understandably questioned his goal and assists return. Today he was simply excellent though and scored a peacher. I am not worried about Willian though. I have seen enough of him this season to know he has added quality to this team and next season I am sure we will see more from him. Pace, acceleration and excellent balance.

On to the next one!