PSG v Chelsea

Jase

PSG has not lost a European home game since 2006. Besides, we rarely lose nowadays.
Your yesterday's game was so poor that I have now changed my mind: we're slight favourite.
Fie, foh, fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman.

Kind of hard to lose when you are not in Europe all together for like 6-7 years isn't it?

Cech

Iva - Cahill - JT - Azpi

Ramires - Mikel - Lampard

Willian - Eto - Hazard

Prio in this game is not to lose. In all honestly, 1-0 win should be enough.

I think Mourinho will play a defensive, deep lying team who rely on counters..especially much this game. it's an away game and a really important one.

We aren't very good when we are the team with the ball but when we have to counter, we are up there with the best couter-attacking team. I feel good for this game.

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Ramires - Luiz

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Schurrle/Eto'o

You just play to your strenghts; I understand that.
You may not have the players to imitate Bayern, Barca.
I acknowledge that It's been working quite well for you over the last 2 years.
I just can't stand watching teams losing the ball too quickly.
Barca and Bayern show us that ball possession is one of the most effective strategies in the long run.
It's a shame that you can't keep hold of the ball more often despite the fact that you are loaded.
Anyway, anything can happen on Wednesday. I still rate you as the 6th or 7th best European team.
Azpi played for the "rats" in France. He had some potential, but the guy is right-footed If i'm not mistaken.
Is he better than Brazil left-back Maxwell? It seems likely to make only a marginal difference.
PSG always scores. Obviously, if Chelsea keeps a clean sheet, then I will be the first to congratulate you.

I'll answer here because for some reason I can't fathom, the UCL thread was locked? This thread is about this match, that thread is about the competition. Both should be opened imo, but that's just my opinion.

Lost to Villa and bounced back vs Galatasaray only recently

because it's clear the boys can't keep their mind in the game in hand. Our record before UCL matches is RIDICULOUS. FIVE LOSSES in nine matches. RIDICULOUS.

Too bad have so much illusion and motivation to play the tournament that right now we had less chances of winning. It's disappointed and in all honesty I want to shake some sense in their heads. They need to play every match with the right motivation, that's the least they should do, not choosing competitions. They're way too immature and maybe that's why Mourinho played with Lamps yesterday... but technically he was very bad so it didn't help.

I'll answer here because for some reason I can't fathom, the UCL thread was locked? This thread is about this match, that thread is about the competition. Both should be opened imo, but that's just my opinion.

I get that in theory, but in practice you get people discussing the same thing in two different threads. I'll reopen it at the end of the match.

Enjoy this game. UEFA will hopefully kick you out of European competitions for breaching FFP rules next year.

You should thank them for not enforcing FFP ten years ago. Do not forget PSG and Chelsea are nothing without their rich owner, no matter which league they're playing in.

We aren't very good when we are the team with the ball but when we have to counter, we are up there with the best couter-attacking team. I feel good for this game.

Maybe you would like to play without any ball at all on wednesday ?

Maybe you would like UEFA to create an Air-Football competition just for you ?

Maybe then you would have a tiny chance to win anything this year...

;)

Their line-up will probably be.

Sirigu

Wiel-Alex-Silva-Maxwell

Veratti-Motta-Matuidi

Cavani-Ibrahimovic-Lavezzi

Their wing-backs are weak, so if Hazard and Willian/Schurrle will be in form, we will destroy them on the flanks. I'm sure Blanc knows this so Cavani and Lavezzi will have more defensive duties than they usually have. This means PSG will mainly attack in the middle. Cahill-Terry will have to be in top form to prevent Zlatan from his shooting chances, because if this guy gets a chance - he scores, it's simply as that. But Zlatan won't be able to score, if he doesn't get the ball. So ideally, we will need to press their midfielders, especially Veratti who is PSG's creator and playmaker. Motta is backbone in midfield and Mautidi is hard-working engine similar to Ramires with better technique, but not such a treath as Veratti is, in my opinion. Lavezzi is awful, this guy is in the worst patch of form you can imagine, he surely won't be a treath. Cavani plays off-position, but he is great for PSG, I think he will have less impact in this game, because of defensive duties he will be given, as I said earlier. Alex and Silva will be hard to score against, amazing partnership. We can use Alex's lack of pace to our advantage, but we really need top striker to go past Thiago Silva, which we sadly don't have. Sirigu is solid, but nothing special, shouldn't be a problem to score against, he is also very weak from set-pieces.

Full-backs should play more attacking than usual, because we will have a lot of space down the flanks. We should press on Veratti and the man who is able to do this is Luiz, in my opinion. Hope Eto'o is fit, because he is the only useful striker we have.

My eleven:

Cech

Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-Azpilicueta

Luiz-Mikel

Willian-Oscar-Hazard

Eto'o/Schurrle

Their wing-backs are weak, so if Hazard and Willian/Schurrle will be in form, we will destroy them on the flanks.

Ok for Van der Wiel. I can't let you say Maxwell is weak. He's fantastic player, he's anything you want but weak. Is solid defender to pass, he's good to strike, he works hard, very intelligent and very skilled to drible or pass and to combinate in small areas.

He makes a very good season, awarded by the first selections of his life in Brazil national team.

Ok for Van der Wiel. I can't let you say Maxwell is weak. He's fantastic player, he's anything you want but weak. Is solid defender to pass, he's good to strike, he works hard, very intelligent and very skilled to drible or pass and to combinate in small areas.

He makes a very good season, awarded by the first selections of his life in Brazil national team.

His passing is good, I never said it isn't. But he is too slow, he won't be able to cope with Schurrle's or Willian's pace. I guarantee you that, unless Lavezzi really helps him in defensive duties.

His passing is good, I never said it isn't. But he is too slow, he won't be able to cope with Schurrle's or Willian's pace. I guarantee you that, unless Lavezzi really helps him in defensive duties.

You forgot Matuidi covers on the left as well; Matuidi will help so bad. But anyway Schrurrle or Willian won't get any good balls.

I saw Azpi played like 2 years in Ligue 1, maybe the Chelsea's one is way better (Azpi was really bad in France), but honnestly they are not from the same world, not even close.

Actually without Roman we were still playing in the Champions League and fighting at the top end of the Premier League.

With or without Qatari funding PSG is just a small team in a small league.

Yesterday, you were already saying that Crystal Palace is a big team ....I feel reassured, we do not have a monopoly on trolls. I give up, you win. Congrats!

Yesterday, you were already saying that Crystal Palace is a big team ....I feel reassured, we do not have a monopoly on trolls. I give up, you win. Congrats!

You're a liar sir. I don't think I ever called them a big team, simply an example of the tough competition in the Premier League.

But you run that white flag up the flagpole. Quelle surprise!

Dave is hard working fullback, however, I'm not sure he has met anyone of Cavani talent or workrate in the EPL (bar Suarez).

This will be a good test for Dave to go against a talented player whose workrate is greater than Dave's.

I feel that everyone on this board that thinks Luiz is a good CM will be proven wrong again when he goes up against good CMs, which PSG have. I expect the possession game to favor PSG and for us to have a few counter attacks. The key for me is having the 3 Brazilians make sure we can get a 0-0 draw in Paris, even if we have to sabotage any offensive flow.

Lavezzi is inconsistent, however, he still has immense pace and as we saw on Saturday, Iva does not.

Best bet would be to aim for 0-0 than 1-0 against PSG...