PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Yes, but you have to pay what is needed to have the player.

Last year, you weren't willing to pay big bucks for Cavani and you didn't get him.

I think Leonardo had full power and the owners were trusting him, so if a player was going to take X amount of money in order to get him, be it.

We have still not replaced him yet, and the owners seems a little more cautious because they are questionning the quality of the players, Olivier Letang or Blanc might aim.

For a non FFP, rich as fuck PSG, 45 M is not that a big deal but for what he does at the moment, it is of course an awful amount of money. When you see a Gotze for 38M for example....

Correct me if I am wrong but playing home against Chelsea is mostly difficult because Chelsea let the opponent team have the ball and dominate. So you think you will score win, and the more you think so and the more you play high, but you never scores ... and comes the deadly counter attack. I have the impression Chelsea's defense (when they play away) is like a quagmire and a lot of teams fall into the trap.

As the most important is keeping a clean-sheet before the second leg, I do not know what Paris should do. Attacking, which might be dangerous, is their "natural" game but not playing your natural game is dangerous too.

Who shoots the free-kicks when Lampard doesn't play?

But....and it's a big BUT....we spent all that money to establish ourselves as a top Premier League team and that's a good thing because it's the biggest league in the world. TV rights alone are worth over three times as money as your's which means we'll have far more money to spend to maintain our position. PSG on the other hand don't just need to grow themselves, but the French league as a whole. That's what you don't understand - Chelsea aren't where they are simply because they have money. They also have the best competition in the world in the likes of Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Tottenham.

In 2003, best leagues are the Italian Serie A and the Spanish Liga. Almost every foreign big superstars who don't play in their domestic leagues play in those leagues: Zidane, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Scheva, Nedved, Figo, Trezeguet, Batistuta, Beckham, ... and so on. Abramovich's money is precisely one the reasons why Premier League became the best european league: 2 european cups out of the 4 won by english clubs since 2003 come from Chelsea, 3 out the 8 finals are due to Chelsea, that's quite a lot which is due to Abramovitch money.

You are telling about 5 big english clubs that are big european teams (Tottenham is far from being a big european team) but two of them have been built on money and were nothing in 2003. And please don't tell me Chelsea would have been a middle/top european team without Abrahimovic, you were having a big financial crisis back in 2003.

Anyway, telling that we should only allow teams coming from EPL to spend money because they are from EPL is a nonsense ...

Shevy was past his best

He had scored 19 goals in 28 matchs in one of the best European leagues, and 9 goals in 12 CL matches the season before he came ...

Still overpayed, he has a great potential, but, what he lacks is the most difficult to learn, usually you have it or you don't. L'intelligence de jeu in french, mhh, sense of game I'd say?

I'd translate that as 'a footballing brain'. Quite a few Chelsea players lack that too, mostly Ramires.