PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Yep, and actually you probably learn more by training all the week with players like Thiago Silva and Thiago Motta, than by playing Stoke City.

Edit: FFP? lol. Step by step then; first step for PSG would be to pay, a ridiculous amount for the owners.

Qatar bought the WC dude, Platini's son works at QSI.

Here's the problem, we brought in FFP to stop teams like you doing what we did. It's cruel isn't it? We spent all this money establishing ourselves and creating all these new revenue streams and then backed a rule to stop teams like you, Malaga, Monaco and Anzhi from doing the same.

Naughty Roman. :readthemessage:

But....and it's a big BUT....we spent all that money to establish ourselves as a top Premier League team and that's a good thing because it's the biggest league in the world. TV rights alone are worth over three times as money as your's which means we'll have far more money to spend to maintain our position.

PSG on the other hand don't just need to grow themselves, but the French league as a whole. That's what you don't understand - Chelsea aren't where they are simply because they have money. They also have the best competition in the world in the likes of Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Tottenham.

I fell like I'm being a bit mean and simply kicking a child now. Sorry. Basically we don't like UEFA and we don't like Platini but we've kinda forced through rules that massively benefit us and unfairly penalise you.

This guy's car isn't shit though. In fact he's spent a lot to import this car because the domestic cars simply aren't that great. :D

Come on now... At least say Everton!

Actually it is! There is a hell of a lot of chemistry involved in football.

Anyway buying someone at 63m to play them out of position doesn't sound very bright. You can bet Cavani isn't all that elated about playing second fiddle to Ibra especially when there are clubs out there (in better leagues) who are willing to give him his desired position, decent wages and the commitment to winning. Chelsea beckons!

Of course it is not very bright, but the goal is make Paris win, not to make Cavani score. They were not wrong about the player but about the formation system they bought him for. IMO, Torres, Schevchenko or Pastore have been much bigger failures (I am not provoking, just pointing out that it often happens in clubs that are able to spend so much money on players).

Bundesliga is NOT shit. A lot of good teams there the problem is Bayern keep buying the other teams best players. The two finalists for the CL were from Germany not but a year ago.

Bundesliga, let alone the Bayern, is better than L1 but is overrated in my opinion because a lot of people make no distinction between the level and the show.

There are a lot of goals, the stadiums are huge, modern and full, the games are very open while L1 is boring, the teams defend too much. But what about the level? This year in CL, Chelsea and Real Madrid crushed Schalke 04, Manchester and Paris crushed Bayer Leverkusen. Borussia Dormund? It's a short-term phenomenon. 2 years ago, Marseille beat them easily in their CL group and they even ended up behind Olympliakos. They had a great CL last year but they did a great performance against Real Madrid, twice, but they only eliminated Donestk.

To give you an idea, I think there is a difference of level between bundesliga (with the best euroeapn team) and L1 but it's smaller than that between EPL and Bundesliga.

I think that by now, we should speak more about the game incoming that FFP.
If we score early in the game. If we can do so,i'm pretty confident we will win this first leg.

PS: how can i delete my previous message ? And what do you think about PSG kits ?

Here's the problem, we brought in FFP to stop teams like you doing what we did. It's cruel isn't it? We spent all this money establishing ourselves and creating all these new revenue streams and then backed a rule to stop teams like you, Malaga, Monaco and Anzhi from doing the same.

Naughty Roman. :readthemessage:

But....and it's a big BUT....we spent all that money to establish ourselves as a top Premier League team and that's a good thing because it's the biggest league in the world. TV rights alone are worth over three times as money as your's which means we'll have far more money to spend to maintain our position.

PSG on the other hand don't just need to grow themselves, but the French league as a whole. That's what you don't understand - Chelsea aren't where they are simply because they have money. They also have the best competition in the world in the likes of Arsenal, Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Tottenham.

I fell like I'm being a bit mean and simply kicking a child now. Sorry. Basically we don't like UEFA and we don't like Platini but we've kinda forced through rules that massively benefit us and unfairly penalise you.

This guy's car isn't shit though. In fact he's spent a lot to import this car because the domestic cars simply aren't that great. :D

At least somebody pays attention. But if we can push through a squeezed market like London football team they could do alright being the only team from Paris. It might take time because the league is smaller but if they continue to have a team with many exciting names I am sure they will grow. FFP will definitely be keeping their head under water for a few years though, I know if Chelsea got Roman with FFP things would not have been so amazing that's for sure. It took us 10 years to really see a major increase int he club's revenue generation. Do these French guys even understand how FFP works?

If we score early in the game. If we can do so,i'm pretty confident we will win this first leg.

PS: how can i delete my previous message ? And what do you think about PSG kits ?

With two teams like ours FFP is a fair discussion topic as it effects our business models greatly. As we are both clubs who field squads that aren't very lucrative considering our not so spectacular revenues.
32 year old Zlatan is no joke, he can definitely score an early goal but we have strong centerbacks in Terry and Cahill I know they can handle big guys better than the little ones.
You can't delete them ask a mod too remove it, they'll clean it up. I like PSG kits but they're a collar away from looking like Charlie Sheen bowling shirts.

Imo this season our kilt are discussing because of this collar, but at least our owners tried to respect the club's colours, better than in Swansea for example. I really prefered the one of last year (like on my avatar).

So, is it certain Eto'o will miss the game? I was so sure it was intox.

Of course it is not very bright, but the goal is make Paris win, not to make Cavani score. They were not wrong about the player but about the formation system they bought him for. IMO, Torres, Schevchenko or Pastore have been much bigger failures (I am not provoking, just pointing out that it often happens in clubs that are able to spend so much money on players).

Shevy was past his best, the owner wanted him as a trophy piece not to make the team better. Pastore and Torres are massive flops you can also argue that paying 45M for Moura will also prove to be a flop...

Thanks for the answer !

We really understand what is FFP is about and it is not very "fair" rules.

For example, in France we have bigger taxes (now even a 75% tax on the earning above 1M) for decades. That is why at start the best players (and now even the average) were leaving among other factors. To earn as much as in England, french clubs have to pay a lot more (about twice sometimes). Contrary to the "La Liga", the TV incomes are equally spread. Also, French clubs are not allowed to have debts like English or Spanish because of the DNCG. If not you are relegated to amateurish level.

Due to this limitations, french clubs can't really grow. As soon as you have a good talent he will go abroad, because he will be paid more and he will have more chances to win something. The clubs are getting weaker in the field then, and won't be able to compete in financial terms too. Who will want to buy a Brandao shirt in the world ? Who will want to pay to sponsor a no name team ?

Qatari are actually doing dumping, splashing ton of money to build a strong side in the field with big names for the merchandising. Ibra is known worldwide and his name is associated to PSG. Our incomes are grown a lot recently. Without the mega QTA deal, we will be around 250-300M. They are marketing around the name of Paris, a capital of luxury. They even changed the logo to make more space for the name Paris and less for the "Saint-Germain" part.

I'm not that confident aboutt he FFP because UEFA reportedly found our board a bit contemptous and they'll have to make something not to appear like fools with their FFP.

Platini has already stated they'll not ban us from UCL next year but we can fear a big fine.

On the other side, our owners are thinking they are doing the things right and they'll prolly sue UEFA.

In my opinion, the most fair rule would be to allow any team a maximum budget so that everyone has the same chance at the start, but it is not legally possible.

The French always have good kits, be it football or rugby teams (and yes I'm including Stade's in that).

As for the game I think it'll be a tight one. I would've fancied our chances more against a Real Madrid or Barca and PSG were the team I wanted least along with Atletico, simply because it's something of an unknown commodity. It's probably the tie of the round for me though and there are plenty of storylines to attract the neutral.

Shevy was past his best, the owner wanted him as a trophy piece not to make the team better. Pastore and Torres are massive flops you can also argue that paying 45M for Moura will also prove to be a flop...

First of all we are PSGFC fans, not CavaniFC fans. Last year we were playing with Ibrahimovic and Gameiro upfront, but the latter wasn't good enough. Leonardo was seeking for Cavani a long time ago and before his depature, he finally bring him to us.

Secondly, Ancelotti left us and we weren't prepared for this, so we had to bring in a new coach. As you know, a new coach has in own ideas (like Mata your two latest season best player who was substitute as soon as Mourinho came in). He started the season with a 4-4-2 but we were utter shit. Then he tried a 4-3-3 and it works a little bit and then better and better.

I hope that Cavani prefer winning playing at his right position rather than losing playing as a pure striker.

About the joke Mourinho made about Ligue 1, we can say the same with Bundesliga and Bayern. Of course, our squad has a lot more quality than others and Monaco is an hybrid team (some top players, some players from Ligue 2, some who have past their prime). But we can't deny the guys are doing the job anyway, like true champions.

If you know something about PSG, we have an history of big chokers or unlucky guys. Like we had 16 points lead and we finally didn't win the league. Like we were winning 0-3 at La Corogne and we took 4 goals in the 25 remaining minutes (all headers). So now, having true champions, true mentals leaders, true professionals is very good. And you might think winning the league is nothing but it makes us very happy. Yet, we are expected to win it but it is always an achievement.

Moura is a very cool and kind guy but a weird player. The guy has all you want but not waht makes you a footballer. ^^ I mean he is lightning fast, he is physically ready (not always the case for Brazilians), he has dribbling skills but he has a terrible decision making and rather poor at finishing. Recently, he did show a lot of improvement. If he can keep getting better, it will a be very good player. Let's hope he doesn't stay that raw.

Moura is a very cool and kind guy but a weird player. The guy has all you want but not waht makes you a footballer. ^^ I mean he is lightning fast, he is physically ready (not always the case for Brazilians), he has dribbling skills but he has a terrible decision making and rather poor at finishing. Recently, he did show a lot of improvement. If he can keep getting better, it will a be very good player. Let's hope he doesn't stay that raw.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that 45M is a ridiculous overpayment.

Not so ridiculous if you consider how rich our owners are, and how hard it is to persuade players to come to shitty Ligue 1 :)

And 45M doesn't represent what it represented few years ago, in football ofcourse.

Still overpayed, he has a great potential, but, what he lacks is the most difficult to learn, usually you have it or you don't. L'intelligence de jeu in french, mhh, sense of game I'd say?