PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Why every time we face another european team in UCL we have strange people coming to this forum?...we are enough of "only places to be", we dont need more annoying people around.

I cannot see why they are allowed in ,,

Hey everyone,

Just like some of my fellow PSG fans, I wanted to check out what Chelsea fc fans thought about the game. I’m not going to talk about the 5 pages of ridiculous trashing from fans of both sides. Just wanted to point out, from my french point of view, that one or two fans don’t talk for a whole crowd, a club or a nation. So please don't go generalising.

Back to the game. Clearly this game is for us the most exciting game of the season. Best opposition of the season, best coach, English team. Everything a Frenchman will love. Now I perfectly agree that the level difference between EPL and L1 is crucial to some. But to be honest considering the tactics PSG uses I am not sure this will have that much of an impact.

I read somewhere that are back line, especially the wings, were weak. That is a big mistake that you could pay dearly. What you need to understand is that the PSG this year plays very much like Barcelona (not saying we’re matching them). Meaning possession, possession, possession. In that kind of tactic, wingers play 90% of the game as midfielders. When the team loses the ball, they need to rush back. Which means they need speed, which van der wiel and Jallet (will probably play on the right) have. Maxwell doesn’t, but compensates by experience and anticipation. You also need to take into account cavani and lavezzi have a huge defensive impact and can do that during a whole game. Finally, Matuidi pretty much has 4 lungs, and will support both wings when needed (see his game france vs Spain 1-1). I am not saying our wings are immensely strong, far from that, but if paris has the possession they will rarely be in a difficult defensive position.

What I think is that at that level of competition, all teams can beat each other, Chelsea v. psg being the closest draw. On psg forums there is absolutely no feeling of superiority. We are definitely confident about the team, but know this is going to be a very tough game. We will not go through easily if we do.

Finally one point that hasn’t been discussed and that I believe will count. PSG is a physical team with what we call “malice” (small fouls behind the ref’s back, talking a lot, etc…) with our Italian midfielders. So I believe this leg could come down to Luiz, Verratti or Motta getting sent out.

It’s going to be a huge game, but I don’t foresee a lot of goals. I see 2-1 for psg at the Parc, and 1 all at the Bridge.

On a une bonne image du PSG et de son noyau, mais pas de la ligue 1 en général.

Hormis le PSG (et depuis cette saison Monaco) les pétites de la ligue 1 s'en vont à l'étranger dans un championnat plus relevé.

L'avis est plus ou moins général, le PSG a les moyens de faire quelques choses mais manque de réels tests à haut-niveau (tirage clément en poule et 8ième assez facile) mais c'est pareil pour Chelsea.

Je pense que c'est du 50/50. Car Chelsea a un aussi bon noyau que le PSG mais dépend cruellement d'un coup de génie de Hazard, s'il est marqué par 2 ou 3 joueurs et que derrière ca ne fait pas d'appel en profondeur, il ne peut pas débloquer la situation à lui tout seul. On manque de vrai patron, chose que vous avez avec Zlatan.

Notre boss se trouve sur le banc de touche, c'est Mounrinho.

Chelsea peut vous atomiser comme on peut ne pas cadrer une seule frappe. C'est le problème actuellement, on a solidifié la défense, mais au milieu de terrain et devant, ca galère sévère.

On ne voit pas encore le PSG comme un grand club, car il doit passer un palier, c'est un peu comme Manchester City. Si le PSG nous bat et qu'il atteint les demi-finales, c'est un bon cap. Alors oui dans le carré final, on peut dire que le PSG aura pris du niveau. Mais pour l'instant, c'est du potentiel, à vous d'écrire votre histoire. Ca me fait penser un peu à notre équipe nationale en belgique, on a du talent, mais tant qu'on aura pas fait de vrais résultats lors d'une grande compétition, on se doit de tempérer nos ardeurs.

Voila bonne chance à vous.

PS : c'est un forum anglophone, donc à l'avenir prière d'éviter de communiquer en français pour le respect de tous.

Next in english please

Now you have to translate what you said :)

@Zlatan_Master: I've been there for a week and don't worry, people are fine with english mistakes. The only person who replied to your message is a French speaking Belgian, most of people don't understand French in this forum and bad english is still better than French. And if you have problems, you can ask me.

Finally one point that hasn’t been discussed and that I believe will count. PSG is a physical team with what we call “malice” (small fouls behind the ref’s back, talking a lot, etc…) with our Italian midfielders. So I believe this leg could come down to Luiz, Verratti or Motta getting sent out.

I would bet on Ramires to be red carded first

The foreign fans always pay a visit to their opponents fan page to find out various facts.

It's traditional.

When Chelsea played Olympiakos all the Olympiakos fans visited Chelsea forums,
But with so many teams around they don't stay.

Fishing for compliments?

LOOL. You are not serious are you? :). No but a few postings now were typed in french and I don't understand french. I had to PM one of the french people here to get to understand. I am not willing to keep asking him to translate. People should just type in English for the sake of others here. Right?

LOOL. You are not serious are you? :). No but a few postings now were typed in french and I don't understand french. I had to PM one of the french people here to get to understand. I am not willing to keep asking him to translate. People should just type in English for the sake of others here. Right?

I don't agree.

We should learn French.

Of course, English only. Perhaps, the mods are asleep?

Are you cheesed off?