PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Why do so many people say Van der Wiel is weak? He is not as good as Alves, but he is definitely not a liability.

Take it from me, I've seen VDW play for years and defensively against top players like Hazard, he struggles a lot. If Hazard is in top form it's going to be a very long game for Gregory.

Brother your team can't even claim to being the bridesmaid, you guys are more like the flower girl... Anyway it doesn't matter when you started supporting your team, the club doesn't get bigger with the amount of years you followed your team is second tier.

Hahahaha you don't have anything to say about football.

Just say thanks for the history lesson, child.

Take it from me, I've seen VDW play for years and defensively against top players like Hazard, he struggles a lot. If Hazard is in top form it's going to be a very long game for Gregory.

I don't think, he will play.

And Jallet will not play too.

I think Hazard will face Marquinhos who scored this year in Champions League 3 goals and made 1 assist.

Same as Eto'o your best striker in the competition.

Hahahahahahahha :D :D :D :D :D

Hahahaha you don't have anything to say about football.

Just say thanks for the history lesson, child.

What is there to say about a team that's won nothing? hahaha... Brother are you kidding yourself? we're miles apart in class MILES.

Spot on. Just look at the 2012 Euros. Him along the with rest of the Dutch team were a shambles.

Why every time we face another european team in UCL we have strange people coming to this forum?...we are enough of "only places to be", we dont need more annoying people around.

Some have been around since April 14th 2010.

I don't think, he will play.

And Jallet will not play too.

I think Hazard will face Marquinhos who scored this year in Champions League 3 goals and made 1 assist.

Same as Eto'o your best striker in the competition.

Hahahahahahahha :D :D :D :D :D

This "Hahahahhahaa :D :D :D :D" was fucking cringeworthy

I really like your post !

Each fan has the right to cheer and defend his side but there is no need for being contemptuous or for the nonsense (racism, wars, etcaetera..).

I'm a PSG fan and i'm nice to meet you.

I'm very excited about this game, hence i registered on your forum, to discuss and see your views about the different match-ups.

I think it'll be a nice opposition of stye between a team which likes to keep the ball (and plays a bit too slowly) and a team which likes quick transition into counter-attacks.

In this type of games, the slightest details will have a big impact. Just look at the Arsenal vs Bayern: a slight mistake led to a red card and an easy win for Bayern (which was stronger indeed).

PSG players tend to waste a lot of goal situations but are usually that much stronger than the opponent that they will end up winning. However, Chelsea is a tougher opponent, so i hope we won't miss too much. If PSG can score a fast goal, i think we will have very good chances. Our best performances so far is when we take an early lead, making the opponent strategy (stay back and defend toughly) ineffective.

The best strategy to defeat PSG is to apply a lot of pressure on their midfield, Thiago Motta and Verratti especially. They are the ones who make the play, with Ibrahimovic when he goes deeper in the midfield.

Our right wing is our biggest weakness as you all seem to know. Van der Wiel is not bad per se, but average, defensively but rather good offensively. Actually, he is more of a winger when we are in an offensive phase (like following):

------------------------------Sirigu--------------------------

-------Alex------------------Motta-----------------Silva----

---------------Verratti-----------------Matuidi-------------

--VDW/Jallet----------------Ibra---------------Maxwell----

----------------Cavani------------------Lavezzi-------------

Overall, this game can go either side and with a small or very inflated score, dependind on how efficiently both teams will perform and if there are some game-changing refereeing decisions.

PS: About the Ligue 1 trashing, i think most french guys want to say that, of course, Ligue 1, due to financial (heavy taxes), cultural (football isn't as praised than in England, Germany or other countries) and others factors, is a tier-2 league. Many hopes that with rich PSG and Monaco, better players will come, meaning more commercial, merchandising and TV incomes; bringing again better players etc => better league. The big question is, as weak as Ligue 1 is now, will PSG be able to step up their games aaisnt tougher opponents. That is why people gets excited aboutthe game incoming. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean we are feeling inferior or weaker, because if the Ligue is weak compared to BPL, it doesn't necessarily need that PSG will be weaker than Chelsea. Take the example of Bundesliga: Bayern is trashing everyone in this league with tennis scores, but we all know they are freaking beast in Europe. Be cautious, i'm not comparing Bayern to PSG. I'm just saying that even if you have no tough opposition in your own league, you might be, as a team, as good as a BPL top team. The game will give us some answers.

I don't expect your team to perform as you did against Crystal Palace because i know you put 7 persons to prepare a plan. Furthermore, Blanc is not really doing a lot of tactic changes, he has found the ideal team for him and he keeps putting the same players at the same position whenever they are all available. Moreover, you have a lot of experience as a club which we still lacks (as player's experience it is not exactly even but closer since we bought some word class players with huge competition anger).

About the FFP, i think we will get a fine. No way we get expelled as i saw in one post, because, as stated Platini, they don't want to jump on the hardest sanctions at start. They want to educate clubs and if they see you are not putting any efforts to comply after some reprimands, then they might go for full sanctions. PSG is trying to buy time to do a Chelsea (even faster to get more and more incomes even if being in France bring some limitations).

Hava a nice day !

I agree with you it will not an be an easy game for either side and both teams are capable of going through to the semis. No doubt the battle of midfield will be the crucial part of the game. If Chelsea sits, back too deep and gives freedom to your midfield to feed balls to your wingers and strikers, you will win. But as a Chelsea fan I hope we do what we do best an that is putting always putting high pressure on opponents and forcing them to play out of their comfortable tempo. Like most moderate fans said on this thread, it will be very competition with a slight edge for Chelsea based on the fact that we have faced strong opponents this year and we have done well while PSG's defense is yet to be tested.

I respect you admitting that Ligue 1 is 2nd tier. I don't know why any person from France or who supports french teams should be offended by it. I wouldn't say it is 2nd tier though, but definitely weaker than the EPL. Again there is no shame in that, teams from 3rd tier teams have beaten world class squads before, all football fans and spectators know that. The team that shows up usually wins and the greatest treat to fans is when both teams show up.

Well anyways I am pleased to meet you too, respect your loyalty to your team and hope Chelsea wins both matches :)

Always a pleasure mate and you have a good day too :)

Salut à tous les fans du Chelsea FC !

Je suis français et parisien et je voulais savoir quelle image vous aviez de nous vu d'Angleterre ? Est-ce la même image qu'une équipe comme la Juventus, qui domine son championnat de façon impressionnante, que vous redoutez mais que vous attendez malgré tout de voir à l'oeuvre dans un vrai choc avant d'avoir un vrai jugement ? Ou bien alors vous nous considérez comme une simple bonne équipe qui ne sera pas facile à battre mais qui n'a rien d'insurmontable ?

Si vous deviez comparer notre force par rapport à une équipe de BPL laquelle se serait ? Everton ? Manchester City ? Autre ?

I see, slowly but surely the French bakers are coming in here. Lol.

I expect the Chelsea side to rise to the occasion at Paris.

I honestly, do not think Jose needs to do a lot. Paris is the kind of match Chelsea feels comfortable to play. PSG will come out, play an attacking football & that suits Chelsea the best.

Players will perform well, always had when they are playing for something bigger.

Salut à tous les fans du Chelsea FC !

Je suis français et parisien et je voulais savoir quelle image vous aviez de nous vu d'Angleterre ? Est-ce la même image qu'une équipe comme la Juventus, qui domine son championnat de façon impressionnante, que vous redoutez mais que vous attendez malgré tout de voir à l'oeuvre dans un vrai choc avant d'avoir un vrai jugement ? Ou bien alors vous nous considérez comme une simple bonne équipe qui ne sera pas facile à battre mais qui n'a rien d'insurmontable ?

Si vous deviez comparer notre force par rapport à une équipe de BPL laquelle se serait ? Everton ? Manchester City ? Autre ?

Just one little correction. Now, re-write all in English.