PSG 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Maybe i'm not banned yet because I don't insult anybody.

You classy boy.

Engage your brain before you open your mouth and read what you have just posted.

You don't come onto a Chelsea fc forum big up Liverpool and in the same breath slag us off by telling us not to talk about class !

I appologise for the insult, but have some manners mate.

To me, the situation before Chelsea Napoli is quite different as the coach was substituted between first and second leg. I think this was great source of motivation, and Chelsea were mostly led by experienced players during that match, like Drogba and Lampard who were even more motivated due to their situation with AVB back then. This kind of games are not played with talent only but with personality too. Do you think you still have players able to lead the team as they did 2 years ago?

And I have the impression that a lot of you feel like it is more Chelsea's defeat than Paris victory? Paris controlled the game during 2nd half, they managed to keep the ball, which oblige Chelsea's players to run a lot. The best example is Veratti of course, he was not doing that great in the first half, as soon as he played with his usual leval, everything went better ... The most difficult for football supporters is not to accept the defeat, it's to accept the fact that there was not much the team could do about it.

2012 champions league was Chelsea's - only Barcelona to fear.

Unlucky to have to play the final in Munich against the team of Munich but we managed to win.

This is different and the opposition apart from PSG is very strong.

This team seems to have collapsed. It was not unnatural perhaps but it was an anticlimax happening so late in the season, when we were chasing both trophies. At home even the mathematics are against us to remedy the situation.

I wonder if money can do something. It's "fellow Athenians we need money" like the ancients were saying, but how much ? I believe with Didier Drogba we were lucky because he was a cheap buy from France.

To me, the situation before Chelsea Napoli is quite different as the coach was substituted between first and second leg. I think this was great source of motivation, and Chelsea were mostly led by experienced players during that match, like Drogba and Lampard who were even more motivated due to their situation with AVB back then. This kind of games are not played with talent only but with personality too. Do you think you still have players able to lead the team as they did 2 years ago?

And I have the impression that a lot of you feel like it is more Chelsea's defeat than Paris victory? Paris controlled the game during 2nd half, they managed to keep the ball, which oblige Chelsea's players to run a lot. The best example is Veratti of course, he was not doing that great in the first half, as soon as he played with his usual leval, everything went better ... The most difficult for football supporters is not to accept the defeat, it's to accept the fact that there was not much the team could do about it.

I say Motta as well tbh. I thought he was excellent and he just dictated the game second half. Think he was successful with almost every pass he made and can see why he is key to your team. But yes I still feel at the Bridge we will definitely be motivated. We have been in this situation before and that will spur the players on and being at home will motivate the players. But I expect an enthralling second leg tbh and those who are writing us off are being very naïve as we have shown in many occasions that we can do comebacks and perform on the big stage.

Has to do with the poor goals we conceded. First goal Terry poor header, great strike by Lavezzi but he should never be allowed to get the ball in that position. 2nd goal set piece poor defending all around. third goal just ridiculous defending and goalkeeping. Should have never been a goal.

You dominated the second half in possesion but in terms of actual chances the only one i can remember was the Cavani shot that went just wide apart from that you weren't all that to be frank.

"The most difficult for football supporters is not to accept the defeat, it's to accept the fact that there was not much the team could do about it."

That's just the thing there was a lot our team could have done about it.

I fear this team lacks character that the one two years ago had. We have more talent, but you will never ever get same from Willian, Oscar or Hazard this season as we got from Lamps, Drogba, Cole,...2 years ago...this team lack experience, and more importantly Chelsea isnt realy club they played for long time to have some realy special connection.

Lamps ran socks off two years ago for 120 mins, he wouldnt last even 90 next week. It will be special night, chances are, but I feel no magic as was present in that game vs Napoli.

media_xll_6628973.jpg

Nice jJersey handsome boy ! He seems ready for next season ;)

Yes i'm a bit of a troll tonight, but first I came to this forum to talk about this game with Chelsea's fans.

All I got was disrespect for my team, racism against french (some guy talked about WW2 LOL), ignorance about anything but PL, even ignorance about your own history and some stupid stuff about FFP (lol from a £2 billions built team).

Some talk about class. I hope one day you'll have as much class as Liverpool fans.

In 1997 they welcomed us at Anfield (we won 3-0 at the first leg at the Parc) with a banner saying: WELCOME TO THE LEGENDARY FANS.

Please Chelsea guys, don't talk about class, ever.

Actually PSG fans (you know the ones that used to stab each other to death) welcomed Liverpool at the Parc des Princes with this banner, not the other way around you dumbfuck. You don't even know your own club's history, so you just straight up make things up like the clueless retard you are. Besides spouting your PSG shit over 50 posts, you've done absolutely nothing even remotely constructive. Chelsea won in the last two years 2 UEFA trophies, as many as what all the french clubs won over the entire european football history.

Please just fuck off and never come back, for the sake of our eyes as well.

You dominated the second half in possesion but in terms of actual chances the only one i can remember was the Cavani shot that went just wide apart from that you weren't all that to be frank.

2nd half :

PSG : 8 shots, 1 on target (Pastore)

Chelsea : 2 shots, 0 on target

Here's the stat' again :

http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2014/04/02/140402111706782180.jpg

Well, I just really have to say that some of the PSG fans have my total respect. Nothing like the idiots from Gala. They came here to throw some nice debate to the table. Off course there are others who behave as bad as the Gala fans.

And that goes to everyone: All clubs have their share of mindless trolls. The rule basically is to just don't mind them. Just don't reply to comments such us "PSG have to face a mickey mouse league" or "Chelsea have the best defence but PSG owned you". They offer nothing to the conversation. They only get the whole fan spectrum dirty to our minds. And that's not right.

About the CL now: I think it was 45% a PSG win and 55% a CFC defeat. It's impossible to rule out our our very silly defensive mistakes happened in both your 3 goals (also on our goal to be fair). We had silly mistakes like that in PL but that was some months ago before Christmas (Matic plays a role). Our defence is not like that in PL any more. Also at the application of their tactics at second have PSG were better by miles. They knew midfield was the key, so they stepped up. We also did throw the 2nd half away to the garbage can and for some reason we lost our structure. Talking about a huge role in our downfall. Usually you expect from us to also step it up to the second half, but that didn't happened. Then you have Lavezzi who was brilliant and made the deference for me. If it wasn't for him PSG attacks wouldn't be much of a threat and the scoreline would be something like a 1-1 or 0-0.

That was really a good match... What i can say is that I was really impressed by Chelsea in the 1st half, but I don't think you can pull this style of play during an entire game, plus your player looked totally exausted at the end of the game.

I agree that we scored 3 goal on 3 errors from your defense. I won't recall the penalty on cavani at the end of the 1st half, i agree it's not an obvious one and that's football... But what I can say for sure, is that you are really far away from having seen what our team really is. You only catched a glimpse in the second half. Our strentgh isn't ibra ou silva, it's our midfield. And if our player aren't scared of you like during the 1st half of the home game, you are never going to see the ball.

So of course we won't have zlatan, but we'll still have Cavani, who did a shitty game wednesday and who won't do it twice.... I'll just recall you that Ramires is suspended for the match at Stamford Bridge, as a consequence your only best 11 midfielder will be David Luiz... good luck

That was really a good match... What i can say is that I was really impressed by Chelsea in the 1st half, but I don't think you can pull this style of play during an entire game, plus your player looked totally exausted at the end of the game.

I agree that we scored 3 goal on 3 errors from your defense. I won't recall the penalty on cavani at the end of the 1st half, i agree it's not an obvious one and that's football... But what I can say for sure, is that you are really far away from having seen what our team really is. You only catched a glimpse in the second half. Our strentgh isn't ibra ou silva, it's our midfield. And if our player aren't scared of you like during the 1st half of the home game, you are never going to see the ball.

So of course we won't have zlatan, but we'll still have Cavani, who did a shitty game wednesday and who won't do it twice.... I'll just recall you that Ramires is suspended for the match at Stamford Bridge, as a consequence your only best 11 midfielder will be David Luiz... good luck

You are also far away from seeing the better Chelsea. As for your comment about us not adapting the high tensity pressure for a full game, you would be wrong. We produced exactly that at the Etihad some weeks ago....high intense pressure, counter attacking football and this is against the best squad in Europe, at the Etihad where they had an impeccable record until we came along.

We have nothing to lose now according to many, we are already out, that's fine by me. But the truth remains there is 90minutes+ still to play, and a once great man named Jimmy Greaves once said "It's a funny old game"

See you Tuesday.

You are also far away from seeing the better Chelsea. As for your comment about us not adapting the high tensity pressure for a full game, you would be wrong. We produced exactly that at the Etihad some weeks ago....high intense pressure, counter attacking football and this is against the best squad in Europe, at the Etihad where they had an impeccable record until we came along.

We have nothing to lose now according to many, we are already out, that's fine by me. But the truth remains there is 90minutes+ still to play, and a once great man named Jimmy Greaves once said "It's a funny old game"

See you Tuesday.

Well... Chelsea's first half was nothing like counter attacking football. It was just brillant football, you put a lot of preasure on our midfield by preasuring them really high whenever they got the ball. All of your player were like mad dogs and we couldn't react at all. Playing like that during 90 minutes is your only way to win. If you switch to a counterattacking game like you tryed to do during the second half, you will get your first loss in a european match in stamford bridge under Mourinho.

Completely agree with what you've stated. Chelsea's pressing caused PSG most of the problems. But the fact is we couldn't carry it on cause of fatigue as you stated, which is mainly down to the same core of players playing game after game. Moreover our pressing wasn't even complete as we often forgot to shift to the other side. Thiago had a brilliant game, and I was scared of exactly that. People kept going on and on about how Verrati and Matuidi played simple passes quite deep but the fact was Chelsea just pressed through one phase and would never have caused them problems (even though it did get close).

Chelsea do have their problems cut out for them but the Bridge is a hard place to be. I somehow still see Chelsea going through (in a complete non-bias way) if and only if they manage to score first. I'm not worried about the strike force at our home turf. It's that midfield that will cause problems. I don't expect PSG to come out in attack mode. Jose would prefer yous to do exactly that. A confident and attack minded PSG side would find it really tough at the Bridge.

Moreover a lot depends on Chelsea's mental state after the Stoke game. We need a win. A draw could cause us a lot of psychological problems.

Well... Chelsea's first half was nothing like counter attacking football. It was just brillant football, you put a lot of preasure on our midfield by preasuring them really high whenever they got the ball. All of your player were like mad dogs and we couldn't react at all. Playing like that during 90 minutes is your only way to win. If you switch to a counterattacking game like you tryed to do during the second half, you will get your first loss in a european match in stamford bridge under Mourinho.

We can play like that for 90 minutes.