PSG 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Paris was not very really good tonight. We didn't play our A-game.

Honestly the second half of Chelsea, was so bad. I've seen L1 teams put more pressure and make more danger than that Chelsea.

Seriously I was expecting a way better opposition.

This is not over for you, but sounds like that gonna really though for you guys.

If you play like tonight you'll need a fucking miracle.

Ibra in serious doubt, looks like.

Problem is - they're good enough without him.

The biggest problem is - well, balls. What kills me is not the result - hard, but can be overturned. Not the idea of finishing the season without any cup to show for it - there is always the next.

What kills me is that I don't believe that these players have it in them to turn things around - a cup, a tie, anything. This team - it's not Chelsea.

You can be behind in terms of quality, you can lack forwards, creativity, whatever, but you have to fight at the best of your ability from start to finish. Old "frog in the milk" thing. And I don't see it - from most of the players.

Terry has this fighting ability, but he's dead by the end of the season and it's not the first season when he's beginning to commit silly mistakes by the end of the year. Lampard is too old. Azpi is a model player in terms of combining fighting spirit and quality, but he an Cahill are basically alone, and it's too little to drag the team up.

Hazard needs his head sorted out ASAP. Willian too, probably. Oscar definitely needs serious work or probably be out.

The team still has 2 titles to fight for - and doesn't fight. For God's sake...

Ibra is a big loss on paper for PSG if he is indeed out but even when he went off tonight they improved and to be honest with you for the second leg them going with Lavezzi, Cavani and Lucas poses much more of a threat because they have a two goal lead and most likely will sit back and counter. The aforementioned 3 are perfect players for them to use on the counter with their pace/acceleration and we may have problems dealing with that. We are going to do more of the attacking and one slip up may just result in a goal for them and being against those 3 on the counter is a frightening prospect. Either way the tie is not finished and still believe we can do it.

Of course I'll be there supporting the team, but the fact of the matter is we aren't good enough (for various reasons) this season. It shows in the league, the domestic cup competitions and in the champions league.

The good thing is that we know what we lack and we are only need a couple of pieces to complete the jig-saw. After another hopeless performance from Ramires, the need for a CM to partner Matic has just gone way up in my list of priorities. Our tactic nowadays is just thump it up to Ivanovic and hope our forwards feed off his knock-downs. I know it's away from home, but still, the mind boggles.

Look man I hope you are not taking this in a personal way. It ain't my style. I never said you will not support the team or tried to imply such a thing. All what I said is that I will support the team. I will have faith in the team and the believe that they will win and get to the next level. Yes we have many deficiencies? But the opponent we are facing ain't perfect and they proved that today with their lousy performance. They were nothing but expensive names on the field today. We gave them the match. I am from Egypt and I live in Kuwait, but I have been watching European football since I was 13 or 14. You know why right from the start without having a favorite club, I found the EPL to be my favorite league? It was not for the magic of Cantona, Ginola, Klinsmann, Zola, Ian Rush, Shearer, Berkamp and the rest of the players. It was because of the fans. A small team, with no history, not a single silverware, yet their supporters show up, cheer them up, believe they can win and if they lose they still cheer them off the pitch and can't wait to see them next season. I remember Viduka, Kewell and Alan Smith's Leeds. Fans never gave up. I remember Ipswich, Charlton and others. I remember Wigan in the cup this year. You just don't lose hope. Even when you know " hypothetically" that your opponent is better than you. You just work hard and no matter what you hold your head up high at the end. If you win, then great. If you lose, then you work harder and come back stronger. That is THE WINNING SPIRIT. You wanna be realistic? They are 11 men and so are we. They are skillful and so are we. The gap is not that much. We have problems and areas to improve, they do too. You really can't achieve your potential as a team unless you believe in yourself and have the WILL to do what it takes. Don't lose faith buddy. It ain't gonna be easy. We will piss blood to get through it. But we can. I hope you believe :)

Cavani is way better than IbrahimoShit, especially in CL: they'll put him as a striker (how it should always be) with Lavezzi and Lucas next to him, and they would all run like horses.

That's bad.

Anyway, we played good until the 1-1, then we disappeared from the pitch, and that's ridicolous; PSG was nothing special, and in the first half we played maybe even better than them, but second half was disgraceful.

The most frustrating thing is that it's not like PSG were this amazing side. They played well and took their chances clinically, but it's not like we went up against Barca or Bayern and were embarrassed. We let ourselves down to a certain extent. Honestly that Shakhtar team from last season was a more impressive unit than this PSG one.

It's why I still have hope for the second-leg. Get them back to the Bridge, go with Lamps and maybe even Mikel in midfield and go at them.

It's only half-time for fuck's sake.

You keep banging on about PSG not being amazing, but what does that say about US after they swept us aside without leaving 3rd gear? Also, what did the mighty Bayern do against Man United?

"Mikel and Lamps in midfield"? I admire your optimism, but you are seriously underestimating a team that just beat us 3-1. You have to be a good team to beat us 3-1 and play averagely. They brought on Cabaye, Moura and Pastore off their bench for fucks sake. 3 immense players. We brought on 35 year old Lampard and the mighty Torres. Says it all really.

We can't control the midfield or dominate because

(1) we had Ramires and Luiz in there. Neither of them can dictate the tempo against a good team. Our opponents had Veratti = one of the best young CM's in Europe. Matuidi = one of the best DM's in the world and Motta = very good player with huge experience.

It's not even a contest.

(2) It's an away game against an "evenly" (It's not even, Paris has a stronger squad) matched team, so it's incredibly difficult to control a game. We do control games against inferior premier league teams though.

Bottom line is that whether we dominated this game or not, we would still have lost.

Well then for all the money we spent on willian, hazard, schurrle and Oscar, we should do better in attack. Period. Its ridiculous that we play so shit with all the investment. Not to mention the defensive tactics...we dont even try to do anything, just bypass the whole game, no one gives a fuck...

You keep banging on about PSG not being amazing, but what does that say about US after they swept us aside without leaving 3rd gear? Also, what did the mighty Bayern do against Man United?

"Mikel and Lamps in midfield"? I admire your optimism, but you are seriously underestimating a team that just beat us 3-1. You have to be a good team to beat us 3-1 and play averagely. They brought on Cabaye, Moura and Pastore off their bench for fucks sake. 3 immense players. We brought on 35 year old Lampard and the mighty Torres. Says it all really.

Oh come on we outplayed them for long periods in the first half. They couldn't pass through our midfield. Were you expecting them to come out in the 2nd half and continue to roll over?

Oh come on we outplayed them for long periods in the first half. They couldn't pass through our midfield. Were you expecting them to come out in the 2nd half and continue to roll over?

"Outplayed" them because of 5-10 mins of decent possession. It doesn't take a lot to get you excited then. What did we do when we "outplayed" them? Nothing. Of course, I'm not saying we were shit for 90 mins, but a small spell (which is normal in every game) in a 90 minute performance is not an ideal microcosm to deduce who was the superior side.

They made us look awful in the 2nd. We didn't "do" it to ourselves as some seem to think. PSG did that. The same way Gala did in the 1st leg at their place.