PSG 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I'm more scard of Cavani with Lavezzi and Moura vs Zlatan with Cavani and Lavezzi.

I was surprised how Verrati sucked today. Motta and Matudi were fantastic. Jallet, the weakest link was in better offensive position than Hazard.

Oscar dived to get the pk. Hazard and Willian were not good. Schurrle was invisible. Luiz could be the scapegoat, but I thought he played fairly well for the most part. LAvezzi had multiple chances to increase the lead...... Sirigu was barely tested....

I don't expect to progress with our offensive deficiencies.

Thiago Silva lunged in. made contact. Oscar then made a meal of it but penalty nonetheless

I was quite happy with the 2-1 given the circumstances, while the 3-1 makes me angry, it's doable.

If that's what PSG has to show, I'm ABSOLUTELY SURE we'll qualify... but it seems their fans are admitting they also played sub par.

Even their second half wasn't that good. We were shaky defensively AGAIN and while Luiz had his own issues - including an own goal (from a foul that never existed imo), our DEFENSE's been shaky for a few matches now. The only salvageable there is Azpili at the moment. Cech, Cahill, Iva, Terry all making stupid mistakes - whether they become goals or not. Then you have a poor piss midfield ahead of them like we did today in the second and it's a disaster waiting to happen.

As it stands now we don't have ANY - I'll repeat ANY - attacking players to save us in the second leg except Samuel Eto'o. Let me say it again to make it very clear, NO other player.

Willian, Oscar and Hazard will have to prove to have balls. All three of them and the responsibility is proportional to their talent and time at the club. Meaning Hazard has to show more balls than Oscar who has to show more than Willian (who's older, but still adapting way too much). If those guys don't grow a pair, it'll be difficult. We don't need the three of them to do it, but at least one. Oscar was shy and anonymous, Hazard didn't make the best decisions at all - except that woodwork at the end of the first half and Willian was the most lively of them, but still not enough - far from it. Schurrle was playing out of position and every single time he was well positioned, he didn't receive the ball. I want to slap the rest of the team.

I believe if PSG don't raise their level (not sure if they can), we'll qualify, but I don't believe much in this team because they lack character... not that they're bad players or bad people, they're too young, too fragile, too easily intimidated. They're simply not ready. The 2012 team was the opposite of this. They gave their blood in the pitch even if technically that team wasn't very good. This team doesn't have that profile yet and when you combine that with the shaky defense and the nonexistent attack, it's nearly impossible to win anything. Still I believe we can do it at the Bridge. It's beyond there that we're completely hopeless, in case we do win.

And I can't see PSG scoring a goal without a mistake from us. They were rarely dangerous on their own today... we were a joke - as Mourinho wisely defined...

I do not agree with sticking all the blame on Torres, Mourinho messed up by not bringing on Mikel to help with the defence at 2-1, we all know Torres is shit but is that news?? Torres was not to blame for the 2nd and 3rd goals were our defence was found wanting again like they have been in the last 6 or 7 games

I do not agree with sticking all the blame on Torres, Mourinho messed up by not bringing on Mikel to help with the defence at 2-1, we all know Torres is shit but is that news?? Torres was not to blame for the 2nd and 3rd goals were our defence was found wanting again like they have been in the last 6 or 7 games

Let's be honest though. If we had brought on Mikel at 2-1 then conceded we would of get man saying things like "why was Jose so defensive and hoping that a 2-1 loss would win us the tie"? We can't have things both ways. We were losing the game and while it may of helped the defence our aim still should of been to equalise. Can you imagine if Mikel was brought on at 2-1 then we conceded another? All hell would break lose on here. I am not stating you would of said this but a majority imo would of stated Mourinho was complacent and too defensive in bringing on Mikel. And to be honest with you the third goal we conceded was not due to a lack of a Mikel. It was just sloppiness and complete unawareness by the defence from a throw in.

I'm not that surprised by the result.

PSG have a better midfield and are fitter than us.

Don't know what Mourinho does in physical preparation of players but it's not great.

Real Madrid this year seems much better and the players seems to have less useless muscle mass (Ronaldo seems leaner this year compared to last year).

2-0 would be enough and is very doable.. Can't blame torres, a lot of players were bad but hopefully Eto'o will be fit for the next leg. Our midfield will be even less complete. We should bring Van Ginkel up. Mikel will probably have to start. We can do it, 2 goals is nothing and Chelsea play better at home. The scoreline is a lot worse than the game was. A gift and an own goal, last goal was just class but I imagine our defense, will not be as bad next week...i hope. We outplayed them in the first half and could have been up 2-0 or more. VAMOSSSSS CHELSEA!

Ba is shite, but is he any more shite than Torres? From what I've seen of Ba, he has looked decent enough to warrant more opportunities, plus he looks like he can score. He would certainly have contributed way more than Schurrle or Torres in this game.

You can't polish a turd fella. Jose is stuck between a rock and a hard place with the strikers because there is no solution to it with just Torres and Ba, none at all.

I see people throwing around statements like 'Mikel should of been on' blah blah blah.....we were still in the tie at 2-1 so is it Jose's fault that the defence allowed Pastore to waltz and soft shoe shuffle past them for the third goal? No it's not one little bit. This result went from being a very realistic chance to over-turning it to a nigh on impossible task in the blink of an eye. I cannot emphasize the importance of their third goal in terms of both momentum and physiological damage it could of done, all because someone was worried about putting in a challenge on Pastore.......not good enough I'm afraid.

Talking of better players on the night it isn't easy, there wasn't many. Hazard had his moment and held up the ball well but you want him facing the other way, not back to goal. I said to my son before kick-off we would concede inside ten minutes.....and there we had it, that slow start again. After their goal we livened up, we had plenty of ball and had Hazard's shot off the post gone in I think this game would of changed massively.

There is nothing to lose in the next leg, it's simple.....attack from the off and get an early goal. We always say that the players have to be ready but this also requires the help of the crowd in a huge way. The crowd have got to get fully behind the lads if we have any chance of over-turning this deficit. A big night is coming at the Bridge and if anyone can win this and qualify it is us, no doubt about it.

There should be no bones about my final point.....This football club needs a world class striker, until we don't have one the moans and groans will continue.

Ferda will score the winner and then we will hear Gary Neville make that 'orgasmic' sound again... B)

I read you. Looking forward to it. Perhaps, even Jose might do something unusual?

I love them little horses though.

How many seasons have we been saying this now? seems like we have been in transition for 3 years!

Dude - seriously - how many managers have we had in 3 years?

- AVB

- DiMatteo

- Benitez

- Jose

How is anything supposed to transition with that amount of managerial turnover?

Transition is going from a stable set-up, adding elements of change, and finally returning to stability.

We are a massive way off that yet.

It's not that the result wasn't deserved or it's not still doable, but that third goal, especially the timing was like punch to the stomach.

Speaking about forwards, Ibra and Cavani were really poor today.

Dude, are you seriously complaining about strikers like Ibra and Cavani on Chelsea forum?! Fine, give them to us and take Torres and Ba! :P