PSG 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

To be honest i am not that disappointed by the result since i was expecting us to lose by 2 or 3 goals. This team has already reached its ceiling, anything more (PL title or CL final) would have been a feat. We can still do it at the Bridge but it will require a lot of luck, which we didn't have tonight.

Luiz was exceptional and it was a shame that he scored such an unfortunate own goal. On the other hand Ramires showed once again how useless and clueless he is, i am starting to believe that he is even more frustrating than Bosingwa.

And i hope that Jose doesn't make another mistake next year and let Courtois go, it is time we start building the next generation of Chelsea for real.

I am kind of waiting for an optimistic but theatrical quote from you :D. Give me one buddy

No mood.

We lost to no superior opposition, no Palace joke performence either.

It was fluke - did not even kick off after their third.

I 'm not ultra-pessimistic about the replay. I am more pessimistic about the stage of 4 if we get there. I just think it's as far as we can go in 2014.

Wtf Chelsea? How did you manage to throw away that? We were crusing... completely cruising! By far the better team in the 1st half!

A 2-1 defeat wouldn't have been a bad result. But what a stupid stupid goal to give away at the end!! How on earth did 4 defenders allow him past? And how did Cech allow himself to be beaten at the near post? Shocking stuff!!!

They aren't unbeatable but we lack the quality to beat them. And the personality too. Oscar, Willian showed a distinct lack of balls and personality. Luiz and Ramires a lack of quality. Ramires was a joke in this game like he has been all season. He has regressed as a player. Very little quality off the bench too? Torres???? We only have ONE world class player in Hazard. That's the brutal truth. We aren't good enough. And PSG aren't Napoli, besides, that Chelsea team had some huge personalities especially in attack. DROGBA, remember him?

PSG are just a stronger team with better players. We will have to play a perfect game and hope they have an awful one. Mourinho or no Mourinho.

And this is a fact some are oblivious to. I have been saying it all along that our squad is massively overrated and lacking in world class players but some would have you believe we are on par with some of europe's elite.

Man, and Verratti, what a cold-blooded son of a bitch he is. It's simply unbelievable how many times he was about to giving away possesion and still Chelsea did nothing about it. A decent midfield pair would have created at least three or four chances based only on that guy's mistakes. Fuck. He should be thankful they didn't play Barcelona or Bayern, those midfielders would have harassed him big time.

And this is a fact some are oblivious to. I have been saying it all along that our squad is massively overrated and lacking in world class players but some would have you believe we are on par with some of europe's elite.

Its a actual joke tht people rate Oscar amongst the best CAM in the world, he is not even fit to tie Mata's boots on his day let alone the top CAMs like Ribery

All part of the rebuilding process...

Ship out those that can't, bring in those that can :)

It's not that we are overrated, tbh. It's just two or three players that are overrated. I will reserve judgement on the ones that joined this season. Cech, Iva, Cahill, Terry, Azpi, Hazard, Matic.. That's a solid base to build on. Once we get Costa, god willing and hopefully a CM to partner Nemanja, then the sky is the limit

Its a actual joke tht people rate Oscar amongst the best CAM in the world, he is not even fit to tie Mata's boots on his day let alone the top CAMs like Ribery

Going a bit far? Mata hardly doing great for Man U?

It happens - we were beaten... Lets all man up... (Woman up too)

Summer will see changes and next season to see a proper Chelsea team

However, don't count out a 2-0 win at the bridge... Away goal was crucial :)

Rebuilding with Ivanovic who is 30years, Cahill 29years, Terry 33 turning 34?? Does not sound like rebuilding to me more like results now

Summer will answer all your questions, but c'mon mate, you can't really expect a team full of kids to start the next season. Rebuilding is not about that. Just look at City, they barely have any players under the age of 26 in their squad. How do you want to beat them without some players in their 30s to do the dirty job and help the team with their experience?

Summer will answer all your questions, but c'mon mate, you can't really expect a team full of kids to start the next season. Rebuilding is not about that. Just look at City, they barely have any players under the age of 26 in their squad. How do you want to beat them without some players in their 30s to do the dirty job and help the team with their experience?

I know but some of the untouchables are pulling us down thts why im pissed

Who the deck voted Cech Man of the match?

Man of the match for PSG maybe!!

Absolutely horrendous! As was the whole defence!

Why did he bring Lampard on?? He is far too slow! pastor walked past him!

Jose got the team wrong at the start, and got the subs wrong! Woeful!

If you think we can go through, you are kidding yourself, take your blue tinted glasses off! PSG were pretty average tonight, Yet made us look horrendous!

Can't even see Extra time!

Season is just fucked.

Going a bit far? Mata hardly doing great for Man U?

It happens - we were beaten... Lets all man up... (Woman up too)

Summer will see changes and next season to see a proper Chelsea team

However, don't count out a 2-0 win at the bridge... Away goal was crucial :)

How many seasons have we been saying this now? seems like we have been in transition for 3 years!

I know that our defence has generally been decent this season after the Sunderland defeat, but it is literally impossible to attack in great numbers with them at the back because if we're hit on the counter attack they are far too easily done with a bit of pace and trickery - probably because they're all really slow (except Azpi); consequently the opposition pretty much always seem like scoring from counter attacks. The defence has also been pretty shambolic from set pieces and I fear whenever we concede a corner/FK.