Team of the Season so far

Shane

I know there is 8 games to go, but if you had to make a team of the year so far who would it be?

Mine:

Goalkeeper: Marshall (CDC) - Think he's made great save after great save for them this year, and has really kept them in the fight to stay up. He's really proven himself to be a great Premiership shot stopper.

Right Back: Coleman (EVE) - Think i've said this before but my local team in Ireland (follow them home and away) is the club that Everton bought him for, and saw him play as a young 19 year old with great potential and to see what he has become has been fantastic. Great season from him so far, been a real threat down that right hand side for Everton and is the highest scoring defender in the league.

Centre Back: Terry (CHE) - Stunning season from him so far. Really been a rock for us and has organized the defense so well. Has molded Gary Cahill into a ready made replacement for when he does retire, and still played to the highest level himself.

Centre Back: Cahill (CHE) - Established himself as one of the world's best centre halves this season. Consistently produced World Class displays.

Left Back: Azpilicueta (CHE) - To keep Ashley Cole out of this Chelsea team is a huge feat, But Cesar has been outstanding in the second half of this season, really shored up the left hand side and is a threat going forward as well. Can't wait to see him on the right side.

Centre Midfield: Henderson (LIV) - Suprise choice, but I've been very impressed with Jordan Henderson this season. Gerrard will get the attention, but Henderson has quality went about his business, doing a fantastic job in that centre midfield both in defensive work and in a creative sense.

Centre MIdfield: TOURE (MNC) - Banker. He's been outstanding this year and scored lots of goals for City in the title race, filling the void left by Aguero's injury and Dzeko and Negredo misfiring the last few months. Toure's goals have made sure City's destiny is in their own hands in late March

Right Wing: Sturridge (LIV) - I know he's been a striker, but I have to find a place for him. Hit 20 goals despite being out for 2 months and has formed a deadly partnership with Luis Suarez which, with investment in other area's, could take Liverpool far in Europe. Think he could have a huge tournament in Brazil.

Attacking Midfield: Rooney (MNU) - United have been dire, but Rooney has been good. Keeps standing out as head and shoulders United's best player time and time again, and the games that they did win were usually down to his brilliance.

Left Wing: Hazard (CHE) - Only one name here. Hazard has truly announced himself as one of the world's best this season, and has had a huge role in our title race.

Striker: Suarez (LIV) - I hate Suarez, and you all know why he is there, so no need to talk about him really.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Zabs-Jt-Cahill-Kolorav

Matic/Fernandinho-Gerrard-Yaya

Aguero-Suarez-Silva

Bench: Joe Hart, Negredo, Hazard, henderson, Daniel sturridge, Nasri, Dave AZP, Iva, Mert/Kos, skrtl, and Ramsey

Worse transfer/Flop of the season: Fellani/Mata

GK: Szczesny/Begovic
LB: Azpi
CB: Terry
CB: Koscielny (think a JT and Cahill partnership would be better, but I think Koscielny has had a slightly better season)
RB: Coleman
CM: Toure
CM: Matic (just imagine those two together, although Matic is probably unpickable considering he only came in January, if not him than Gerrard or Fernandinho)
RM: Sturridge (like Shane, just shoehorning him in, with a Toure/Matic CM who needs more midfielders)
LM: Hazard
CF: Aguero
ST: Suarez

It's some kind of super offensive 4-4-2, could probably throw up 5 goals on any team it plays

Cech

Zabs-Jt-Cahill-Kolorav

Aguero-Suarez-Silva

Bench: Joe Hart, Negredo, Hazard, henderson, Daniel sturridge, Nasri, Dave AZP, Iva, Mert/Kos, skrtl, and Ramsey

Silva over Hazard??????????? On these forums????????

I think even city fans would rather have Hazard on that wing, Hazard has 1 less assist and 9 more goals than silva, while creating more chances, dribbling better, and putting in more work on defense.

Silva over Hazard??????????? On these forums????????

I think even city fans would rather have Hazard on that wing, Hazard has 1 less assist and 9 more goals than silva, while creating more chances, dribbling better, and putting in more work on defense.

Silva has been fantastic for City this year.... I think the best player minus Aguero on City this season.

The amount of work he puts in is amazing and the way he dictates games is unbelievable. The only negative I have with Silva is his eye for goal. Statistically, Hazard has been better, but Silva/nasri is a huge part of City success this season.

Watching David Silva play is similar to watching Iniesta play, both aren't stat whores, but both are productive to team success.

What the hell. No lallana in anyone's team?? If there is a player who deserves to be in the team of rhe year, that's lallana.

Marshall

Coleman mertesacker JT azpi

Lallana Yaya fernandinho hazard

Suarez sturidge

Subs- cech, GC, shaw, gerrard, rooney, aguero, silva.

Silva has been fantastic for City this year.... I think the best player minus Aguero on City this season.

The amount of work he puts in is amazing and the way he dictates games is unbelievable. The only negative I have with Silva is his eye for goal. Statistically, Hazard has been better, but Silva/nasri is a huge part of City success this season.

Watching David Silva play is similar to watching Iniesta play, both aren't stat whores, but both are productive to team success.

It should be a ban-able offense to even consider silva ahead of hazard.

Banned!!

It should be a ban-able offense to even consider silva ahead of hazard. :shoot:

Marshall

Coleman Cahill Skrtel Azpi

Yaya Henderson

Sturridge Lallana Hazard

Suarez

if matic cames earlier at the season,,definitely there's no Henderson in my team. and i also say 4-2-3-1 is the best formation for most of big club this season. only the cunt united stick to boring 4-4-2...

--------------- Suarez ----------------

- Hazard ---------------- Sturridge -

-------- Gerrard -- Toure -----------

----------------- Matic -----------------

- Azpi - Terry - Cahill - Coleman -

--------------- Mannone -------------

Subs: Cech, Koscielny, David Silva, Rooney, Fernandinho, Lallana, Ivanovic

Also some other players worth mentioning are Curtis Davies, Barry, Remy, Skrtel, Lukaku, Caulker, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Jay Rodriguez, Henderson.

Cech

Zabs-Jt-Cahill-Kolorav

Aguero-Suarez-Silva

evil offense to say that hazard is good but silva is better this season, hazard had contributed to all that make Chelsea be on the top of the table. The hazard assassin will find u and if they do [emoji40].....