PL Team of the Season 2013-14

Dont know if there is already a thread for this, so just thought of starting one. What would your team of the season be so far.

Mine would be this with a traditional 4-4-2 formation

--------------------------david marshall-------------------

------coleman----mertesacker----JT----------azpi------

----lallana------yaya------gerrard--------hazard-----

-----------------sturridge------suarez---------

the strikers are really easy to get. they have been top and probably the only reason why pool is in a title race.

hazard on the left is also a no-brainer, lallana normally has a free role or plays on the left but after the season he has had, it would be wrong to not have him in the top 11.

yaya chooses himself in the mid 2 and there simply have not been anyone close to him whn considering the quality and the performance. maybe fernandinho to partner him but gerrard has been in brilliant form off late.

coleman without a doubt has been the best right back.

mertesacker has been pretty consistent and same can be said for JT. infact the CBs were the hardest to choose from as their are a lot of top performances from GC, koscielny, jagielka, lovren. but still think consistency-wise, these 2 should be there.

azpi as a left back was another tough decision since he offers very little going forward when compared to shaw and baines, but he gets the nod for his defensive mega-solidity.

david marshall has been the stand out keeper for me. i know that cech has 14 clean sheets, szechny has 13 while marshall has had a mere 6 plus add to that the fact that cardiff are in relegation. while cech has been top class too throughout the season, anyone who has seen cardiff would agree that marshall has been out of this world. he tops the number of saves made lists and he has made some phenomenol saves. he has kept cardiff in matches throughout the season only to be let down by their defence again and again.

subs- cech, shaw, GC, fernandinho, silva, rooney, aguero.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My team:

---------------Marshall---------------

Coleman------Cahill----JT-------Shaw

----------Gerrard----Yaya---------
----------------Ramsey-----------

Suarez------ Sturridge --------- Hazard

Most of the team picks itself...

Picked Ramsey because his form led to Arsenal's title challenge

Picked Shaw due to his defensive and attacking ability

Bench: Cech, Davies, Skrtel, Fernandinho, Silva, Rooney, Aguero

A bit early for this but still my team would be

De Gea

Coleman-Cahill-Terry-Azpi

Matic-Gerrard

Silva-Suarez-Hazard

Sturridge

Honourable mentions to Sagna,Shaw,Howard,Koscielny,Aguero,Ramsey,Yaya,McCarthy,Henderson and Fernandinho.