Crystal Palace 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Completely outplayed and Mou's tactics were horrible today. I guess this is what happens as soon as you lose you key striker and replace him with Torres. Would of much preferred Ba to start today or played with no striker as it would of been pretty much the same thing with just an extra player in the midfield.

Agreed on both counts. We chose the wrong starting XI. Even so, the team we chose should be good enough to beat Palace. But we under-estimated them, and my birthday weekend has been ruined! Cunts!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem that's been there all season. No striker. Eto'o papered over the cracks but the obsession with getting Rooney has ultimately cost us.

Next season was always the target and hopefully city finish above Liverpool. We're a work in progress, Jose's said it from the start.

I honestly can't believe Torres is the 1/2nd best paid player at Chelsea. Shocking!

Roman needs to find some Russian guys to beat that money out of him. I was against signing that arse from the get go. I had a bad feeling about it and it never changed. I was hoping he'll prove me wrong. Fuvking Ediot. We can't hold the ball up court and cant shoot worth a damn. 67% possession and 2 shots on goal. WTF were we playing long balls to Torres for? The guy wasn't going to win jack in the air. Corner kicks galore and led to fast breaks and counter attacks against us, since Lampard could not find any of our players on all the corner kicks.Yet he kept playing all of them.

We know City are most likely going to win the title so I kind of want them to win today so that we still have a small gap over Arsenal.

The way we looked today and since Stoke have been decent lately we may well lose that one too, so we need that cushion between us.

What a depressing day. We blow aside one of the big dogs and then shit the bed against one of the worst sides in the league. We better address these problem positions in the summer ASAP. Torres is an embarrassment to the badge and a cancer to this team. Ship him the fuck out of this league.

Well, at the end of the day for the whole season we played bad football. I knew that a team can't win the league winning games with bad football, because sometimes lucky is not your friend.

The line-up was horrendous, the subs were awful: Salah barely get involved in our past games, then he was asked to change the game in such a tough match. Choosing Ba instead another attacking mid (Willian) killed the game. We lost presence in mid, and Crystal had at least 5 chances to scored a second goal.

We have many problems in our squad, like Ivanovic. The man cant cross, he never help the attack in the way a proper RB would do.

ps: I said it before, and game after game I'm more convinced of this: Matic is the most overrated player in recent years. I'm not saying he is a bad player, and he is certainly better than Mikel, but is not as good as he is pictured in this forum. When all he has to do is to sit in front of the defense, make some interceptions and some short passes, he is okay, but when you need a DM with minimal attacking skills, you realize he has his limitations, but when you read Matic ratings in this forum, you end up thinking we have Yaya Toure instead of Matic. The serbian is far from the modern DM we need to play a more dynamic football.

Roman needs to find some Russian guys to beat that money out of him. I was against signing that arse from the get go. I had a bad feeling about it and it never changed. I was hoping he'll prove me wrong. Fuvking Ediot. We can't hold the ball up court and cant shoot worth a damn. 67% possession and 2 shots on goal. WTF were we playing long balls to Torres for? The guy wasn't going to win jack in the air. Corner kicks galore and led to fast breaks and counter attacks against us, since Lampard could not find any of our players on all the corner kicks.Yet he kept playing all of them.

Yh. In theory he should have been one of our best signings, but we bought him when he was crocked. He HAS to go in the summer. Anywhere would do!

It's not that we play down to bad teams it's that our entire team has been set-up to emphasize defensive responsibility, work-rate, speed and counter-attack. This means that when teams come at us, we can respond as it fits right into what we want to do. When teams sit back and defend, we can't break them down.

We played poorly and didn't deserve to win today and that's most likely the title race over for us as we are now behind two teams and City can lose 2/3 of their games in hand and still be ahead of us on goal difference. It's possible but slim now.

Yeah this is going to be problem going forward.

With Mourinho when we play such a system we will always be awesome against the best cause they attack us.

But horrible against team that give us the ball.

A bit of conundrum there, but that's the fault of this system.

I don't consider Torres as a Chelsea player. He is a disgrace to this club. He is Championship level!

Anyways,

CHELSEA TILL I DIE!!!!

Even the championship doesn't deserve to be graced by the presence of THE FERRRNANDO.

On the bright side, we are to face the bigger sides in the CL who won't be sitting deep like Palace did today which we, clearly, cannot handle.

We are better off facing waves after waves of Real Madrid attack than trying to break down the likes of Crystal fucking Palace.

The thing is, we were so bad, I wasn't even upset. I laughed through most of the match. Especially that Torres miss at the end :lol:

That's really pathetic how low Torres has fallen that when such a thing happen we don't even get mad.

Really no one can say shit about some other time wasting money on someone else when Torres is the biggest waste ever!

50 million plus the wages he's on.... :angry:

Well, at the end of the day for the whole season we played bad football. I knew that a team can't win the league winning games with bad football, because sometimes lucky is not your friend.

The line-up was horrendous, the subs were awful: Salah barely get involved in our past games, then he was asked to change the game in such a tough match. Choosing Ba instead another attacking mid (Willian) killed the game. We lost presence in mid, and Crystal had at least 5 chances to scored a second goal.

We have many problems in our squad, like Ivanovic. The man cant cross, he never help the attack in the way a proper RB would do.

ps: I said it before, and game after game I'm more convinced of this: Matic is the most overrated player in recent years. I'm not saying he is a bad player, and he is certainly better than Mikel, but is not as good as he is pictured in this forum. When all he has to do is to sit in front of the defense, make some interceptions and some short passes, he is okay, but when you need a DM with minimal attacking skills, you realize he has his limitations, but when you read Matic ratings in this forum, you end up thinking we have Yaya Toure instead of Matic. The serbian is far from the modern DM we need to play a more dynamic football.

Dont agree at all, thought Salah was good when he came on. And Willian was never the answer to our problems.

I understand your frustration but just cos Matic had a bad game hes now the most overrated player all of a sudden??? Get a grip bro!