Lionel Messi

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we need him. He can be the difference between Chelsea being great to being the best. He imo is the best player in the world. He tormented Man Utd in both legs and it seemed as tho he was playing the mancs on his own. I read about that too, the £80m thing, its insane but why not? We have money to burn and loads of it.

Joe Cole and Messi on either side? Not bad ay. Malouda and Kalou just arent doing it and SWP is just not consistant enough. As a winger, Messi is the best there is end of story. the guy has absolutely everything. Genius.

Not realistic ... No way are we gonna spend 80mill ... If there is SOME truth in this story, I beliebe part exchange + tens of mills (not 80)

I wouldn't mind him :P But does he want to play for Grant ? Or maybe if Rijkaard came here, then he would bring some players with him (he's the one who made Messi great).

1. No way is barca going to sell so close the thread please

2. We have got gael kakuta coming through who is going to be one of the best players in the world.

3. MESSI HATES Chelsea HE HAS SAID IT SO MANY TIMES !

1. No way is barca going to sell so close the thread please

2. We have got gael kakuta coming through who is going to be one of the best players in the world.

3. MESSI HATES Chelsea HE HAS SAID IT SO MANY TIMES !

Close friend of Senor Laporta, are you? How do you know that Barcelona won't sell - for that amount of money it would be incredibly hard to turn down. Furthermore we need a second consistent winger in addition to Joe Cole. Kakuta will take years to develop to the level that Messi is at already, and words can be idle.

Barcelona won't sell? Every team and every player has a price. Chelsea (Roman) has the money to pretty much buy any top quality player for any price. Barcelona won't want to sell him, but if Chelsea did offer 80-100mil I doubt they'd say no. But again, I don't see it happening.

Edited by Jon

Sorry but thats hilarious. How many times have you seen the chap play?

I think people are getting abit carried away with Kakuta. Yes he looks a prospect, but so did Carlton Cole and Mikael Forrsell amongst others. He did well in the youth cup, yes, but one or two of the games he was non-existent to be honest. Lets give it 2-3 years to see if hes still impressing before we say hes going to be world class.

As for Messi, as Jim said great player, but cant see Barcelona letting him go. Dont think there short of money, and they're obviously are determined to get back to the level they were 2-3 years ago - something they wont do if they sell Messi.

Kaka is more realistic, and for £35-£40M, he'd be great. Can sense at least one top world class player coming in, and Kaka seems most likely.

i'd love to see messi here but i think kaka is a more realistic target (they want sheva back so badly, could temp them with a player plus cash deal)

and lets not forget ronaldinho, heard on tv today bacelona only want 32mil for him... worth a mention

im not too sure why he has fallen out with barcelona, my dad said he saw a report that he has refused to train and has got fat...

well we paid 30mil for sheva so......

Its because hes such a big head, and practically does what he wants. Someone on Revista de la Liga (program on Sky Sports about Spanish football) was saying how training at the big clubs in Spain isnt taken as seriously, and the 'big stars' such as Ronaldinho basically train when they want and how they want.

The Sheva situation was different though, he was one of the best strikers around at that time, and also Romans buddy. Ronaldinho isn't what he was a few years ago, and isnt worth anywhere near £30M in my opinion.

For Roman to have the team playing how he wants, it will take 1 of 3 players to achieve.

Kaka, Ronaldo, or Messi. I just can’t see him being satisfied unless 1 of these 3 players are in the team… Until another prodigy comes around anyway…

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You